The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What about the Horses

What about the Horses

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All
AC ok so am I
No way round it every time I get near such a place, even well run, it hurts
Long time ago held security license, and worked as part of a team to stop major night time theft in such a place
Unpleasant work
BUT we do eat meat, we can do this better and must, my cup bet? tell you next week
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 23 October 2019 5:13:09 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hope everyone enjoyed 'Pet Mince Cup Day'
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 5 November 2019 7:34:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC think with me on this
So yes it was dreadful, we saw in other countrys racehorses killed in the last week, on the track
So we end the sport?
Turn every racetrack in to a housing development?
Every training or breeding place in to car parks
Sack everyone involved in the sport
Close thousands of studs world wide
Bankrupt hundreds of thousands?
Next! we must confront this, what happens to every race horse, every standardbred trotter?
For years to come unwanted horses by the millions world wide, will be sent to?
Nackreys
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 November 2019 5:03:04 AM
Hey Belly,
Hope your time away went ok.

I heard yesterday that a racehouse has been put down during every single Melbourne Cup except one.

I don't think they will ever stop horse racing in this country,
The government makes too much money and it employs too many people.
And Aussies that see going to Flemington as a kind of right-of-passage would kick up a huge stink if they tried.

I'm just providing a little pushback in the hope it somehow leads to them conducting the sport with a little more ethics.

Not for the sake of money in govt coffers, people employed or people who just want to enjoy the day like Aussies have done for a long time.

- Simply for the sake of the horses -
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 6 November 2019 7:00:25 AM
ArmChairCritic in fact old mate you highlight a very real problem
We MUST never ever stop looking for a safer better life for every animal
Horses do suffer, see the former best trainer in our country facing charges of true cruelty
Well my trip away hurt, on purchasing my 4x4 we knew it needed a clutch kit, young bloke starting out, offered to do the job
Costs blew out, ok, but my car sits 6 hours drive away pulled down but not near ready
Wacky stuff, but brother lent me a car to come home and he [one day] will, [at my cost] bring mine home
Back on topic, far better ways exist to treat every animal, we should find them not scream and shout like every animal welfare group I ever saw does
regards
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 6 November 2019 11:00:20 AM
Hey Belly,
"Well my trip away hurt, on purchasing my 4x4 we knew it needed a clutch kit, young bloke starting out, offered to do the job
Costs blew out, ok, but my car sits 6 hours drive away pulled down but not near ready"

I feel for you mate.
It really sucks when you travel long distance to buy a car that turns out to be much more of a pile of crap than you expected.

I hope your 4x4 isn't that bad as the 2009 Commodore I bought a couple years back.
I caught the plane to Sydney and a train out to Blacktown.
I paid just over 5 grand for that hunk of junk.
I drove about 20 minutes out of Sydney before the head gasket blew.
Let it cool down and topped it up and nursed it to a friends at Central Coast, it'd probably still be there except out of pure luck a mate of a mate driving a car carrier was coming back through from Melbourne to Brisbane the next day and I scored a ride in the dirty big Freightliner back to Brissie with my boat anchor Commodore for $400

The damn thing still sits out the back under an old carport.
Still haven't figured out what to do with it.
It's like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't.
- So I bought an i30 turbo diesel instead.

That's my Planes Trains Automobiles and Trucks adventure.

I sure hope you're able to get it sorted without too much of a headache.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 7 November 2019 2:21:11 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy