The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Laws that seem stupid

Laws that seem stupid

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
Hi there SHIRIK...

I'd caution you in using any of these online Dating Sites, whether it's 'DateJasmine' or anyone else for that matter. A case of caveat emptor I'm afraid.

You asked if there are any specific laws that 'oversee' any of these social/dating organisations? To my knowledge, there's nothing definite. That said, if you've paid money to any such organisation, and you feel 'ripped-off' there are criminal sanctions that can be entertained.

Nevertheless, the police are reluctant to commence an investigation into alleged fraud, unless there's sufficient evidence that there is a significant & systematic fraud being perpetrated. And only then, it would depend on the amount of money & the number of complainants involved. Please remember, police resources are often spread pretty thinly, so to launch an investigation into any such crimes, is both costly and labour intensive. I hope this is of some assistance to you SHIRIK.
Posted by o sung wu, Friday, 16 August 2019 6:06:16 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hello, o sung wu! But on the Internet, there are a lot of stories that you can find a couple there, why then they write about it?
Yes, I'm talking about the regulation of relations, it’s all very utopian, but people are pretty cruel, why not minimize the pain.
Posted by Shirik, Friday, 16 August 2019 6:09:42 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
shirik be careful in posting such links
We get spam from those desperate to publicise their failed site/business
Proving the site is not worth dealing with in the end
Question, are you such a poster?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 16 August 2019 6:52:53 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Over thirty years ago I was driving an old ex Railway Austin bus that I'd converted into a motor-home.
Going up a steep hill that had double centre lines, I saw a police car coming up behind me and as the bus was slow I pulled over the sideline and allowed the police to pass.

The driver gave me an appreciative wave and drove on; some 20 km further on there was a Breath-alyser stop, I pulled in and went through the routine of blowing in the tube and the Constable said, "Thanks for pulling over for us back there but did you know that you could've been booked?

I asked what for, and he told me that I'd crossed an unbroken line and did not do so to turn or stop.
He told me that when the DMR (as it then was) started painting unbroken lines on the side of the carriageways there was no exemption made and the law applying to unbroken centre lines also applied to the sidelines.

Over the years this little bit of stupidity must have added to the NSW coffers and it was not repealed until about three years ago after a New England grazier pulled his horse float over the sideline to let a police car go past and he was booked and copped a $400 plus fine.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 16 August 2019 10:23:41 PM
That in my view proves you are spamming and it has been reported
Yes worked for the DMR, had been roads board before that then RTA then marine and some thing
These days? an empty shell without a name
Those lines, no longer yellow unbroken, it was found to be cheaper to paint them in one color
Back to the possible spam, ANY ONE who needs to haunt online pages trying to place free adds is sell a product not worth buying
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 17 August 2019 6:05:07 AM
So, if you suspect engine etc problems & pull over to the side & off the road you could get fined ? Sounds like fairly normal bureaucratic stupidity !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 17 August 2019 8:25:19 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. Page 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy