The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bob Brown against Renewable energy?

Bob Brown against Renewable energy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Bazz,

So does that mean we can keep on burning fossil fuels like there's no tomorrow?
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 15 July 2019 5:50:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SR,

The problem is that the greenies want to have their cake and eat it.

The reality is that renewable energy comes with a price not only a huge electricity price, but an environmental one too.

One can either reduce emissions with renewables, eliminate them with nuclear, or simply not bother.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 5:34:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Shadow Minister the fight is over you fought a hard fight used every bit of junk science but lost
See clean energy now has a life of its own even the very rich see profit if no other benefits in it
It will roll out and over its opersition
And as the ice melts and both ends of the world trotting out an expert on Cats to tell us the science is wrong has had its day
Well over 50 percent of us see the science has it right and nothing can stop the changes we are seeing efforts to stall it are too moving forward and unstoppable
Remember the tobacco industry buying opinion? well they have shown the owners of fossil fuels the way and truth is a victim
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 7:05:03 AM
Belly,

You are talking absolute bollocks. You are clearly confusing my position with that of other posters.

My position since 2005 when I first started posting on OLO hasn't changed, namely:

1 CO2 emissions cause an increase in global temperatures
2 The range of possible outcomes is huge and the media focuses on the extremes and not reality,
3 Without the major players such as China and India cutting emissions, ruining Australia's economy would make no measurable difference.
4 Pushing up the power prices through renewables would simply mean that production of power hungry products would not reduce, but simply move to countries without a huge power tax
5 Renewables are inherently unreliable, and any power system has a limit of power generated by renewables before the network itself becomes unstable, typically between 30-40%.

Considering the rocketing energy prices in Australia, the blackouts in South Australia, the recent close calls in Victoria, and the collapsing industrial base in the country, I have no reason to doubt my original assessments.

P.S. Renewable investment is likely to come to a shuddering halt as the Paris targets are due to be met by 2022 and the coalition is unlike to keep up the ruinous subsidies.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 8:16:35 AM
Mr Opinion, if you had studied something useful, like math when you spent all that time at university, you might just be able to understand that CO2 can not do most of the things it is supposed to have the ability to do, like heat the planet as much as 1 degree C.

What I can't understand is how ALL the lefties take global warming as a fact. Surely some lefties have enough science to understand the impossibility of CO2 causing runaway heating. I guess they are just being obedient minions of their masters.
Posted by Hasbeen, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 10:42:45 AM
Bazz,
Anyone who makes the claim that the anthropogenic portion of the increase in CO2 is less than 10% should not be taken seriously - they are trying to mislead the public. The amount of CO2 added to the atmosphere from the burning of fossil fuels exceeds 100% of the increase.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Hasbeen,
It may surprise you to learn that your arrogance is not regarded by others as evidence of how the climate works.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 16 July 2019 11:22:41 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy