The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Bob Brown against Renewable energy?

Bob Brown against Renewable energy?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Nothing exposes the hypocrisy of the Greens than Bob Brown campaigning against a wind farm:

"Former Greens leader and veteran activist Bob Brown is campaigning to stop a $1.6 billion wind farm development in Tasmania because it will spoil the view and kill birds.

The proposed Robbins Island wind farm in Tasmania’s northwest will be one of the world’s biggest, with up to 200 towers measuring 270m high from ground to blade tip. If it goes ahead, electricity from the Robbins Island project will be sent to the mainland via a new ­undersea cable to help make Tasmania a “battery for the nation”.

But in a letter to local media and on his foundation’s website, Dr Brown has slammed the project, which he said had echoes of earlier attempts to build skyscrapers in Hobart which were stopped by protests."
Posted by Shadow Minister, Monday, 15 July 2019 5:20:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Strange. But then, Brown is strange. Very strange.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 15 July 2019 10:47:08 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There has been a significant development that has not been mentioned
in the local media anywhere that I have heard.
The whole Global Warming syndrome has been thrown into doubt by scientists
at Kobe Uni in Japan and Turku Uni in Finland.
Start Quote
The following is a key bombshell section in one of the studies conducted by Finland's Turku University team:

We have proven that the GCM-models used in IPCC report AR5 cannot compute correctly the natural component included in the observed global temperature. The reason is that the models fail to derive the influences of low cloud cover fraction on the global temperature. A too small natural component results in a too large portion for the contribution of the greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide. That is why 6 J. KAUPPINEN AND P. MALMI IPCC represents the climate sensitivity more than one order of magnitude larger than our sensitivity 0.24°C. Because the anthropogenic portion in the increased CO2 is less than 10 %, we have practically no anthropogenic climate change. The low clouds control mainly the global temperature.

This raises urgent questions and central contradictions regarding current models which politicians and environmental groups across the globe are using to push radical economic changes on their countries' populations.
end quote
The first info I have found is at

http://tinyurl.com/y23a6nev

Now obviously findings like these will cause an uproar as it
undermines an enormous amount of investment and political positions.
Stanby for for fireworks.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 15 July 2019 11:20:26 AM
Unfortunately it is all so very sad as well! I'm all for turning back the clock on anthropogenic global warming but it's now really too late to do so. The advocates of business as usual are running the show so what we really need to learn is how to die in the Anthropocene, to use Roy Scranton's phrase. It's going to be interesting though to watch how events unfold as nations compete in their struggle to survive in a hotter world running short of food and fresh water. It'll be like Easter Island or Rwanda but on a much bigger scale.
Posted by Mr Opinion, Monday, 15 July 2019 11:27:25 AM
Errr, but it now seems to be all over. It does explain why all the
forecasts of climate emergencies, the dams will never be full etc
have never come true over the last 30 years.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 15 July 2019 12:33:32 PM
Dear Bazz,

You breathlessly announced,

“Now obviously findings like these will cause an uproar as it 
undermines an enormous amount of investment and political positions.
Stanby for for fireworks.”

Oh for crying out loud, the thing was posted on arvix.org which is virtually open to anyone and it is not peer reviewed.

In fact I want my 15 minutes back.

Even the normally sympathetic crew at wattsupwiththat are sceptical.

“Now I may have missed some detail in reading the paper but I did not see the slightest reference to where this “cloud cover” data actually came from. Let alone any discussion of its global coverage and uncertainty. If you are going to claim a change of 1% you need some damned accurate data to start with.
Are they using humidity as a proxy all the way through ? Until I see some proper attribution of this data I’m duly skeptical of their graphs and claims.”

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/07/12/new-paper-no-experimental-evidence-for-the-significant-anthropogenic-climate-change/

Nothing to see here folks.

Dear Shadow Minister,

I have objected to the site of some of the turbines near where I live. Too close to extensive bushland with significant bird populations. I don't have as much an issue with them on open broadacre farming sites where crops or livestock can still be produced. Often the money coming in supports local communities and makes marginal farms more resilient to fluctuating prices.

But like any private industry there are cowboys seeking to place them in inappropriate areas. As much as I have an issue with Mr Brown is general I have no problems with him raising these concerns.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 15 July 2019 12:36:44 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy