The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A sperm donor as a legal parent? The High Court says yes

A sperm donor as a legal parent? The High Court says yes

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
ttbn, agree, but as usual there is far more to it and it's never straight forward.
It goes without saying that if you intercourse with nature, it WILL intercourse you back.
Maybe not soon, but almost surely, later.
In one hand it is seen as a blessing that there are sperm donors, in the other, it is argued that if the couple cannot conceive naturally, it is a prima-facie case of a 'possible' problem by one of the aspirants.
I remember decades ago some medical practitioners, according to old newspapers of that time, believed that in some cases it was advisable for the couple to adopt, for fear of putting the newborn at risk at some later stage in life, because the problem, any problem carried by the parents can per chance be passed on to the child.
Hopefully screening today, and medicine in general is more advanced, and such factors, even though may still be prevalent, can be managed and in some cases eliminated.
All the usual social encumbrances still apply whether your in an un-natural or a natural relationship.
Divorce, separation, they all cause problems for the children, but that's OK as long as the selfish maggots get their way.
I single out the female of the species/relationship, because they have been pushing for equality and God knows what other unrealistic and drummed up demands, and in doing so, the records will show that they have become more trouble than they're worth.
This current trend by females is a mess, as are they.
There is no book or rules guiding women, other than the usual boring mantra's.
The men, and I do blame the men for letting this happen.
Once these things finally get to, either an unsalable wall, or a very high cliff, I'd like to see where they think they are going from there.
I can only imagine they will dump, or worse, the very maggots that led them there, without a road map, and come back to us having realised that things weren't that bad after all.
As this article has demonstrated so well.
Posted by ALTRAV, Sunday, 23 June 2019 5:06:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I wonder how many brothers and sisters are married to each other without knowing
or did they change the rules about keeping the donor secret.

One woman dead every week at the hands of a partner or ex partner, I. think women aren't so wrong about marriage being toxic for them. And society penalizes women who have children. Woman wouldn't walk away from something in droves, if it wasn't an
exploitative situation for them by men and the society at large.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 24 June 2019 7:16:03 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
CHERFUL, we can see by your attitude that you have a problem with men.
You are the epitome of the problems facing women today.
You have to exaggerate in a vain attempt at trying to make what is clearly, in this instance, a moot point.
You see you lost me, most of the readers and the point you were attempting to score with by exaggerating and inflating the facts.
Cherful, 52 women murdered per year, really?
Strange, I know there is an un-official media censorship on reporting suicides, or at least it was discouraged, but one woman a week, being murdered?
Really?
WOW, that is extraordinary, you must have some really good sources.
Oh of course these must be the same sources that tell us women are being so hard done by and abused or mis-treated.
Cherful, here's some news, hot off the press you can take back to the sisterhood.
The 'men' of today are mostly neuters, and therefore don't have the 'balls' to do any of the old crimes of yesteryear, so you and the sisterhood can pack up your soapboxes and go back home, in the knowledge that your plight was heard and things have changed to your benefit.
OK?
So let's not use words like exploitative, toxic and penalise any more, we're not interested anymore.
The ones pushing these stupid mantra's are causing an avalanche of unjustified problems to both men and women today.
Let's take the boring ad nauseum mantra that the poor woman does all this punitive house work, as if being punished or working as a slave, for NOTHING!
When hubby comes home at the end of the week with the pay, who do you think gets half?
You have just halved a man's worth and at the same time given yourself equal pay to a man, all in one fell swoop, which, after all is what you all wanted.
Who do you think gets half of everything.
Well knock it off, you are poisoning the younger generation with completely fallacious and wrong beliefs, so tell the sisterhood to just stop it.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 24 June 2019 9:29:13 AM
Artificial insemination for humans should be banned. So should that irritating, usually inappropriately used word, 'toxic'.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 June 2019 9:53:22 AM
The other irritating buzz word currently used by the mentally challenged is 'amazing'.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 24 June 2019 10:05:19 AM
Altrav

What planet have you been living on. The number of women killed in domestic violence was all over the news last week. Google it, 63 died in 2018 plus many injured wth broken jaws, arms etc.
Men handing over half their pay to women, I don't think so. Most women I know were given a strict mount of money to buy groceries for family meals and if the price of groceries went up and it cost $20.00 more the woman would face anger from her husband about what she spent it on.

I had an uncle who made his wife write every little thing she bought at the supermarket down on paper so he could stand over her about any thing she shouldn't have bought. He always had money to spend on the horse betting every week though.
This was more the way it was than the men just handing over money. You hear the male side of things, I hear the reality of how it really was from women and my Dad told me how the policeman next door used to belt his wife, but in those days it wasn't talked about and the neighbours minded their own business.

Also I watched a story on Television about the 2,000 women killed a year by their husbands. in Russia.
Posted by CHERFUL, Monday, 24 June 2019 11:40:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy