The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Dodged a bullet

Dodged a bullet

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. All
Aidan,

Yes, you're right, point taken. Thank you.

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 11:44:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Aidan,
I just hope you're right in your view but I'm going by historical evidence & every time we get a Labor Govt, up goes the fees & rates.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 8:55:38 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Individual,

You wrote;

"Are those figures in that Futures Fund real or just projected ? How come we never heard Labor telling us before the election what great shape this Nation is in ? They would have won if things were that great."

Yes they are real but no we are not in good shape at all. Our over-inflated housing market now has little chance of going bust under this government. Labour may have taken some of the heat out of it with the negative gearing changes even though they were stupidly going to match the Coalition's low deposit first home buyers scheme.

Now we are marching toward a very steep cliff with little hope that we have any leadership that will avert the inevitable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEfbDsZ4R4w

The country I knew growing up is essentially gone. The effort to stem hard right capitalism from wreaking what we had is lost. The number of private hospitals in this country will over take public ones within three years. We are fast approaching 40% of our kids in private schools. Our rich have thrown our retirees some franking credit and negative gearing scraps so they have skin in the game so badly need reform will not happen until they die off.

Cont..
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 9:26:37 PM
Cont..

The whole hard sell about personal aspiration has worked. Morrison's message about lowering taxes for the aspirational class came with the slogan "We want to keep more of your money in your own pocket because you know how best to spend it.

The kind of aspiration they are selling is about 'doing the best for your kids by giving them a private education' or 'affording the best private health cover for you family'.

There is nothing about an aspiration for decent healthcare or education for all Australians, to try and raise our public schools so they out do the private ones, to cut the waiting lists to our public hospitals so that they provide decent and timely care.

What little hope I had for this country in the near future went out the window with the Coalition's win. Recent figures showing the economy has stagnated to levels of the GFC has just reinforced that sentiment.

My hope is with the young in our country. They voted against the Coalition in large numbers in the last election. Once they get properly organised watch out.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 9:27:04 PM
The country I knew growing up is essentially gone.
Steeleredux,
Yep, thanks to Labor Govts ! Leftist ideology too has had its grubby fingers involved !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 9:55:17 PM
Dear individual,

Your idea of what had happened with the Future Fund was completely at odds with reality so I suspect your reasons for blaming the Labour party for the serious downturn we have already begun to experience when the Libs have been in power for the last 6 years will be just as entertaining.

So mate why is Labour to blame?

Are you okay with more private hospitals than public in this country? How about the fact we have nearly 40% of our children being educated in private schools. The ratio is 7% in Britain and 11% in the US. Is this really what we wanted for this country? Are you okay with this too?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 12 June 2019 10:31:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. Page 20
  10. 21
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy