The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Define the

Define the

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All
Dear Josephus,

Come on mate. Still nothing? There must be one decent climate skeptic you can put before us. Non-water diviners only though.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 4 June 2019 3:24:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Steel, easy to discredit a person, discredit his claims the oceans are not rising, and that it is not caused by movement of Earth plates; but caused by human activity creating CO2.

Aidan, I note you also revert to childish insults, in an endeavour to supposedly in your mind to discredit. It does not move me, but rather reveals your childish mind.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 5 June 2019 8:58:15 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Just received this from an Island that is supposed to be sinking under the ocean: The Maldives
Enjoy breathtaking luxury at Outrigger Konotta, located on its own private island. Includes return airfare, 5 nights in a Beach Villa and breakfast and dinner daily for two.

BONUSES
• Domestic flight and speed boat transfers
• Upgrade to Beach Villa with Private Pool and Jacuzzi*
• Welcome amenities and turndown service once during stay
• Complimentary use of non-motorized water sports equipment
• 20% discount at the Outrigger Trading Company Boutique
RETURN AIRFARE
5 NIGHTS
Enjoy additional bonuses to your holiday, valued at $2430*.

FROM $3699* »

Obviously they believe in business as usual.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 5 June 2019 9:09:26 AM
Josephus,
There have been many "childish insults" in this thread, more directed at me than from me.

I presume you're whinging about "Unfortunately you seem to be too stupid to tell the difference..." I didn't say you ARE too stupid to tell the difference, which would be a childish insult. Instead I stated the fact that you appear to be too stupid to tell the difference, and explained why it appears that way.

Look at the rest of your paragraph after "Science is a subject based on fact, rather than emotional rants to silence those of a different view":

:The advocates of the human effect on climate
The advocates of the only theory that's consistent with the facts and the laws of physics...

:promote the Marxist line of fear to control the minds of the population.
...promote the truth even though some find it scary.
Note the complete lack of evidence of any mind control through fear of climate change.

:As we witness by the school children brain washed by Marxist teachers,
As witnessed by a figment of your imagination! You see the concerns of schoolchildren who know more about it than you've bothered to find out, so you conclude they must be brainwashed because you can't bear the thought you could be wrong. And you blame Marxists because your generation found them scary. But the world has moved on.

:who wish to destroy capitalism
Yet most of the people who acknowledge the severity of the problem would prefer to see a market based mechanism used to solve it.

:and animal farming, because in their mind those are destroying the Earth.
There are people who want to end animal farming, but it's usually the result of a misplaced concern for the animals rather than the welfare of the planet. And I doubt many of them are Marxists or teachers, as I'd expect both groups to assign a greater importance to human concerns.

Now do you see why your emotional rant makes you look stupid and hypocritical?
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 5 June 2019 11:17:43 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus (continued)

As for the Maldives, the nation (made up of many islands) is severely threatened by rising sea levels. It is also heavily dependent on tourism. Do you really think their refusal to curl up and die is evidence their problem's not real?

OF COURSE business will continue. There's a lot that can be done, and is being done, to adapt to rising sea levels. But the capacity to do so is not unlimited.
Posted by Aidan, Wednesday, 5 June 2019 11:26:06 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Josephus,

So which is it?

The sea levels in a the Maldives are not rising so there is nothing to be alarmed about.

Or they are rising but the rate is so slow there is nothing to fret over.

Or the levels are rising but the reason is tectonic plate shift.

Or the sea levels are noticeably rising but increased coral growth will mean all is well.

Any clues for us?

And by the way your bloke it a total loon and can not be taken seriously on any subject, find us another.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 6 June 2019 3:43:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
  7. 17
  8. 18
  9. Page 19
  10. 20
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy