The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Define the

Define the

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All
Steel, You are totally illiterate on the facts on CO2 causing ocean rising. The scientist involved in the 28 minute video showed a mark made in 1704 of the height above the ocean and today the Baltic land is 3.6 meters higher than in 1704. Your flippant dismissal indicates you have swallowed the Globalist agenda, and the introduction of Marxism. Look at the video and give real opposing science to his claim. That is i.e. the oceans are gaining more water.
Posted by Josephus, Saturday, 1 June 2019 7:28:05 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus,
Firstly, do you yet concede that these "climate zealots" who want to ban gas energy to developing countries are a figment of your imagination? I notice you haven't even tried to name one. Likewise I see you haven't supplied the source for your idiotic claim that "There is insufficient copper and aluminium in the world to give everyone wind and solar power". Did you make that up yourself too?

Secondly, I notice you also failed to answer my earlier question as to what makes you think the forests covered by the Mt St Helens eruption are now coal. Is it because you believed what you read on creationist websites?

Thirdly, further up this thread (Tuesday, 28 May 2019 11:36:50 AM) I cautioned you against assuming that things you discover about how the climate works that aren't included in simple explanations of it (like the one I made in that post) are not already well known to climatologists. It appears I should also caution you about taking the word of ignorant bloggers who've made the same mistake. Steele's analogy of "mountains of manure" is a good one.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Canem,
Your "interesting links" are actually quite boring.
You are of course free to believe the moon is made of green cheese if you want to. But I have to say that's as idiotic as your belief that "that the only way to protect the environment and prevent other nefarious cultural effects such as war, poverty and genocide is by reducing the number of people in the world to ten percent of its current value". Not only would such a reduction be culturally catastrophic (and more likely than not, be unachievable without war or genocide) but there's no good reason it would achieve its objective. Look at how the world was in then 18th century, last time the population was so low: more war, more genocide and more poverty than today.
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 1 June 2019 7:41:34 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/17/10/31/2226228/we-may-not-have-enough-minerals-to-even-meet-electric-car-demand

The demand on copper is greater than the supply and means extensive mining to supply the developing world with electricity.
http://copperalliance.eu/enough-copper-drive-sustainable-transport/
Did you know?
The installation of 1 MW of offshore wind energy requires about 6 tonnes of copper, and a photovoltaic plant requires about 4 tonnes per MW generated. This is appreciably more than an oil-fired power plant (1.1 tonne/MW) or a nuclear power plant (0.7 tonnes/MW

Science is a subject based on fact, rather than emotional rants to silence those of a different view. The advocates of the human effect on climate promote the Marxist line of fear to control the minds of the population. As we witness by the school children brain washed by Marxist teachers, who wish to destroy capitalism and animal farming, because in their mind those are destroying the Earth.
Posted by Josephus, Monday, 3 June 2019 8:07:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Josephus,
Try reading the conclusion of your last ink:
Even with the increased demand for copper due to electrifying transport and the clean energy revolution, the resources of copper on this planet, coupled with its 100% recyclability, clearly point to the abundance of copper for all current and forthcoming applications.

And your first link is about nickel and cobalt: two non-essential components of batteries. There's not even any great shortage of either of these, despite the output of some mines being better suited to steelmaking (which has long been a major source of demand). Do you even comprehend that the elements that are in the world include those which are in the ground? And that the amount extracted depends on what's profitable rather than any technical factor? If demand rises faster than supply, prices rise, causing more to be mined, causing supply to rise.

Your link about nickel and cobalt does not back your previous claim about copper and aluminium, but it may help you understand why your claim is wrong.

>Science is a subject based on fact, rather than emotional rants to silence those of a different view.
Finally something we can agree on. Unfortunately you seem to be too stupid to tell the difference, because the rest of your paragraph is a bunch of emotional rants intended either to silence those of a different view or to fool yourself into ignoring the facts.
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 3 June 2019 2:13:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Josphus,

Oh come on mate, the bloke has more than a few roos loose in the top paddock.

He is suppose to be an 'expert' in dowsing, you know looking for water with a y shaped stick. Of course when James Randi, the bloke who exposed Uri Gellar (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3vGGf-ZIkc) offered your loon a million dollars to come and get tested he wouldn't have a bar of it.

"LOOKING IN ON SWEDEN
I've described here previously how a pompous-assed "dowsing expert" named Nils-Axel Morner, associate professor of geology from Stockholm University, has consistently refused to be tested for the Pigasus Prize. A helpful correspondent in Sweden referred me to http://www.tdb.uu.se/~karl/dowsing/ where I found that Morner was tested -- amateurishly -- on a prominent Swedish TV show, "The Plain & Simple Truth," on TV2 on February 27th. Morner was first provided the opportunity to brag about anecdotal successes, then he was tested. A local celebrity -- a singer -- was involved, as is usual with these drearily predictable affairs. The singer chose one of ten cups under which to conceal a packet of sugar. He chose number seven; are we surprised? Morner had designed this test, saying that it was especially difficult for him to do. He said that water or metal could be located "right away," but not sugar. Morner blathered on about "interference" and mumbled about "influences" and "might be here" and the usual alibis, then chose number eight. Wrong. But, said Morner, it was "in the right sector!" But no cigar."

Cont..
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 June 2019 5:04:30 PM
Cont..

"There were 3 serious errors in what could have been a good test: One, the target was not selected by a random means. (3 and 7 are the most-often-chosen positions in a line-up of 10.) Two, an audience member could have secretly signaled Morner. Three, Morner was allowed to do a test of his own choice, one that he said in advance was difficult and strange for him, instead of doing one which he'd done before, for which he has claimed 100% success. Why were water and/or metal not used? This is ridiculous!
Did Morner mention that I've offered him the million-dollar prize if he can do his usual, familiar dowsing trick? No."

Now go find us someone with a modicum of respectability and we can go from there.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 3 June 2019 5:05:02 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. 17
  9. Page 18
  10. 19
  11. 20
  12. All