The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Captain Whacky & China. Where Is Labor's Policy?

Captain Whacky & China. Where Is Labor's Policy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. 13
  14. 14
  15. All
ttbn,

I just knew we had more in common than either of
us realised. (smile).

And you could be spot on about those websites.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:36:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Daily Telegraph denies Bill's claims and rightly pointed out that his mother had achieved prominence in academia before she decided to do a law degree, she had been a teacher, school principal, got her Master's and went on to achieve a PhD and was a university lecturer.

One gets the impression that she did her Law Degree when she wanted to do it and what is more achieved distinction when she did so.

Bill is good at the crocodile tears.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:44:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

You obviously did not read the link I gave and one
which you asked me for.

I took your request seriously.
Silly me.

It seems - all you wanted was an opportunity to
slag off on Bill Shorten and discredit both him
and his his mother.

The Daily Telegraph did not print the truth.

This is clearly explained in many sites on the
web.

Yet you took this opportunity to get your two cents
worth.

How pathetic is that.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 4:56:23 PM
Anyone who takes advantage of not acknowledging a parent's achievement is lacking what it takes to be a decent person.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 6:21:05 PM
Foxy,

I did read the link and it confirms what was said in the Telegraph.
Bill Shorten sold his mother's achievements short to try for a political point.

"Shorten was provoked into the most personal and powerful moment of the campaign – the moment when his voice choked and his eyes filled with tears at the memory of his mother’s unrealised ambitions."

What unrealized ambitions?

Batchelor of Arts, Master of Arts, Doctor of Philosophy, University lecturer and a Law Degree followe by successful practice of Law.

Seems rather a fulfilling career to me.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 10:25:00 PM
Not like the 'Happy Clapper' who had the cameras in the Temple filming him singing 'Kumbaya' or something, while jumping around like a dog with fleas, Then tells everyone to keep religion out of politics.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 15 May 2019 10:45:19 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12