The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Captain Whacky & China. Where Is Labor's Policy?

Captain Whacky & China. Where Is Labor's Policy?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14
  13. All
Is Mise,
Surely that's destitution rather than mere poverty?
Posted by Aidan, Saturday, 11 May 2019 2:01:02 AM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
"We've got money for wars but we can't feed the poor."

Very true Foxy. There is a huge amount of poverty in Australia. Issy can only relate to the stereotype of poor, the black or brown person in the third world squatting in the dust, emaciated and suffering from malnutrition, about to die. I recall on her visit to Australia the Catholic nun, and great humanitarian, Mother Teresa said;

“Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat.”

I am please with the Labor commitment to lift our foreign aid spending to 0.5% of GDP. My personal belief is we should wind back our military budget to a point of providing for home defence only, and use those savings to provide for aid, in particular around the Pacific region. It shows how out of touch some are, Liberal MP John Alexander suggested the poor people of the Pacific Islands of Kiribati and Tuvalu should move to higher ground to avoid climate change. Ridiculous, these people are suffering from the direct effects of climate change, their homes are being inundated by rising sea levels now. The higest point on Kiribati is 1.8m above sea level. Rudd was not much better, with his patronising notion that we the great colonials should make these people some sort of honorary Australians citizens in exchange for the fishing rights around their islands. Pathetic! Fijian Prime Minister Frank Bainimarama rightly hit back at Alexander's insensitive comments.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 11 May 2019 8:04:14 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

Read the link. The facts speak for themselves.
Despite your denial.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 10:49:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Paul,

Well said.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 11:06:05 AM
"Very true Foxy"

"Well said Paul"

How sweet it is. ALTRAV would have a field day if he was here.

Get a room, you two.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 11 May 2019 11:33:06 AM
Remember when we asked for your opinion?

Me neither!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 2:02:55 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 12
  11. 13
  12. 14