The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW Police Apology for upsetting a Muslim.

NSW Police Apology for upsetting a Muslim.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All
yep the training exercise was to close to being realistic. We read

'The two "offenders” are wearing headscarves. One of the headscarves appears in the video and photographs to be white in background with black checks and the other appears to be olive green in background with black checks. There are a number of references made in the video to Islamic State including displaying a black flag often associated with Islamic State and presenting the one-fingered salute also associated with that group.'

Maybe the offenders should of been 'baptist'. No one would of complained then and the countless public servants here would be out of a job.
Posted by runner, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:19:02 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise,

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention. No need for you to respond to obnoxious nitwits interested only in picking arguments when you are doing a service to the rest of us who are actually interested in what is going on in our benighted country.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:50:43 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear runner,

So in NZ training exercises they should be using police dressed with an Acurba festooned with a ring of corks? Or as Christians festooned in Knights of Templar costumes?

The list goes on doesn't it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:01:40 AM
Don't be silly runner, public servants are never out of a job, when there is no work for them.

They simply move them to another office to do their 7 hours net surfing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:02:14 AM
This half wit, and those who forced the say sorry harms all Muslims
In the end deport the complainer
Yep me, but every time such a thing takes place rednecks feed on the whole Muslim community
Police do nothing wrong in highlighting what a terrorist may well look like
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:02:36 PM
What do I think?

I think:

A country occupied is a country under a constant state of war.
Sell any narrative you want, but it's still the truth.

In Palestine, known now only as 'West Bank' and Gaza' it may be a reasonable to hold animosity towards the occupying state of Isreal;

I think it's likely reasonable for anyone to hold animosity towards ANY occupying state.

Even a person who openly declares themselves a terrorist might not technically be a terrorist in this situation, anymore than simply being a person living under occupation and oppression that they just can't take anymore.

In the west, and under political correctness especially we tend to defend and champion people from oppressed minorities that speak out.
If it was someone that Israel could use in their political agenda like they did with the Kurds, we'd have a non-stop positive narrative about their right to self-determination and their own independent state.

This incident happened 17/18 October 2017
Complaint was made on 30 October 2018
Case heard 8 February 2019.

Some time had passed between the incident in question and the complaint being made, however not a real lot of time between complain made and heard; I wonder if it was easy for him to find someone in the legal profession willing to take this case against the Commissioner of Police.

I think they should've given him the adjournment and allowed him more time to prepare his case;
If he's managed to get an apology from the NSW Police, that's more or less an admission of wrongdoing.

I don't know this persons background, beliefs or history;
What was the outcome?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:15:40 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
  9. 18
  10. 19
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy