The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > NSW Police Apology for upsetting a Muslim.

NSW Police Apology for upsetting a Muslim.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. All
A Muslim gentleman has wrung an apology from the NSW Police for racist stigmatizing (or sumpin') for the offence of portraying IS terrorists, by those playing the terrorists in a training exercise, wearing checkered headscarves.

http://www.caselaw.nsw.gov.au/decision/5cc8dd12e4b0196eea406988
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 2 May 2019 8:26:20 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All I have to say is WTF. Wow! In that case the Army won't be able to portray Musorians in the Warfare Training. The whole bloody World is going to Pak.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:31:12 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think that Whelan sheilah should join ON after the LNP dumped her for making anti Muslim remarks.
If Muslims openly denounce us then they should be expected to tolerate the same from those whom they denounce !
Posted by individual, Friday, 3 May 2019 9:15:10 AM
With reference to the reference, there is no such as an “ethnic Muslim; the complainant is an ethnic Arab. Religion has nothing to do with ethnicity/race.

The rest is a load of bullshite bureaucrat-speak proving that NSW police are a bunch of pissants unlikely to have the ability to deal with terrorists outside of their playacting
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 May 2019 9:29:18 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Bloody hell mate you constantly go off half cocked don't you.

Did you even read the judgement?

All it found was that the use of the white and black checked scarf unfairly stigmatised the ethnic group of Palestinians who identify with it. It didn't find Muslims as a whole were vilified at all.

Go read it properly before spouting any more of your nonsense.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 9:40:17 AM
Maybe we should depict them as Vegans?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Friday, 3 May 2019 9:46:54 AM
yep the training exercise was to close to being realistic. We read

'The two "offenders” are wearing headscarves. One of the headscarves appears in the video and photographs to be white in background with black checks and the other appears to be olive green in background with black checks. There are a number of references made in the video to Islamic State including displaying a black flag often associated with Islamic State and presenting the one-fingered salute also associated with that group.'

Maybe the offenders should of been 'baptist'. No one would of complained then and the countless public servants here would be out of a job.
Posted by runner, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:19:02 AM
Is Mise,

Thankyou for bringing this to our attention. No need for you to respond to obnoxious nitwits interested only in picking arguments when you are doing a service to the rest of us who are actually interested in what is going on in our benighted country.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 3 May 2019 10:50:43 AM
Dear runner,

So in NZ training exercises they should be using police dressed with an Acurba festooned with a ring of corks? Or as Christians festooned in Knights of Templar costumes?

The list goes on doesn't it.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:01:40 AM
Don't be silly runner, public servants are never out of a job, when there is no work for them.

They simply move them to another office to do their 7 hours net surfing.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 3 May 2019 11:02:14 AM
This half wit, and those who forced the say sorry harms all Muslims
In the end deport the complainer
Yep me, but every time such a thing takes place rednecks feed on the whole Muslim community
Police do nothing wrong in highlighting what a terrorist may well look like
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:02:36 PM
What do I think?

I think:

A country occupied is a country under a constant state of war.
Sell any narrative you want, but it's still the truth.

In Palestine, known now only as 'West Bank' and Gaza' it may be a reasonable to hold animosity towards the occupying state of Isreal;

I think it's likely reasonable for anyone to hold animosity towards ANY occupying state.

Even a person who openly declares themselves a terrorist might not technically be a terrorist in this situation, anymore than simply being a person living under occupation and oppression that they just can't take anymore.

In the west, and under political correctness especially we tend to defend and champion people from oppressed minorities that speak out.
If it was someone that Israel could use in their political agenda like they did with the Kurds, we'd have a non-stop positive narrative about their right to self-determination and their own independent state.

This incident happened 17/18 October 2017
Complaint was made on 30 October 2018
Case heard 8 February 2019.

Some time had passed between the incident in question and the complaint being made, however not a real lot of time between complain made and heard; I wonder if it was easy for him to find someone in the legal profession willing to take this case against the Commissioner of Police.

I think they should've given him the adjournment and allowed him more time to prepare his case;
If he's managed to get an apology from the NSW Police, that's more or less an admission of wrongdoing.

I don't know this persons background, beliefs or history;
What was the outcome?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 3 May 2019 12:15:40 PM
Maybe the Police were pretending to be "David Jones Staff," in their "Black & White Scarfs. ?You know. moslims, like women, do tend to get their knickers in a knot over anything they feel like for an unfair advantage.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 3 May 2019 2:49:11 PM
In the end you are witnessing PC at its worst
Idiotic clown has harmed Muslims, many have had a gutful of the few, and they are only a few
Muslims that is, searching for something to be offended by
Would not want to be a cop, had one near today suspected self harm
Watching him walk up to that door it struck me, what would he find
Leave them do their job but do not pretend the complainant is worth hearing
Posted by Belly, Friday, 3 May 2019 4:02:37 PM
Steele,

Read the heading, do you think that the gent making the complaint wasn't a Muslim?

If so, why so?
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 3 May 2019 5:02:56 PM
From my understanding the NSW Police have been ordered
to apologise for racially vilifying Palestinians and
Arabs during a counter-terror training video that
featured officers wearing Middle Eastern headdresses.

In the video two police officers portraying active
armed offenders wearing keffiyahs (a headress worn in
Palestine and across the Middle East) pretend to stab
commuters at Sydney Central Station.

During the exercise mock hostages were forced to stand
with their hands on the window of a train holding up
an Islamic (ISIS) flag.

The NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal found the
use of head scarves in the 2017 video was "not necessary"
and could - "incite members of the public to hatred"
against Palestinians and Arab people.

The police force apologised at the time but has been ordered
to do so again as well as introduce a racial vilification
education program.

What I find difficult to understand is - if this was a
counter-training video for the police force - in how to
deal with terrorists - how does it concern members of the
public - and who apart from police would have access to this
video?

Complaints were received at the time of the
Lindt Cafe incident in Sydney - that police officers
did not handle the incident well. That they lacked
proper training in handling terrorist situations.
Well you can't have it both ways.
We either train our officers to be able to deal with all
sorts of situations - or we worry more about offending
some people?

Seems rather absurd.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 3 May 2019 8:14:14 PM
It remains true the most likely terrorist will be Muslim
And that police only wanted reality in their test of ability to stop such acts
A truth not hidden but not always understood is far more important
PC from both Muslims, and lard headed WASPs harms us all
Feeds redneck haters
Truth stands alone, we are at war with *radical Islam*
Both our country and its people,*including most Muslims*
The complaint is in my view not worth acting on, but we should be told what lard head made it
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:32:27 AM
Anyone know of any apologies from Muslim leaders for the dreadful deeds & rhetoric of some of their community ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:45:23 AM
Dear Is Mise,

You wrote;

“Steele, Read the heading, do you think that the gent making the complaint wasn't a Muslim? If so, why so?

Reading the headline I was sure it was going to be one of your idiotic stereotypical pieces of hogwash, and it was.

The person making the complaint was a Palestinian/Australian and the tribunal found that by police wearing the white and black chequered head scarf, which is an identifying symbol of the Palestinian people and their struggle, while portraying themselves as terrorist operatives displaying the ISIS flag, they had unfairly associated the Palestinians with ISIS members (who tend to wear black head gear) and thus terrorism.

But for you none of this really mattered did it. Just a catch all bit of 'stir em up' garbage yet again. Well granted not as bad as our little shite stirrer Bazz, but getting there.

So the headline should have read “NSW Police were instructed to issue an apology for racially vilifying Palestinians.”
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 4 May 2019 5:59:53 PM
Steele,

Your English perception is improving, keep studying.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 4 May 2019 6:22:37 PM
Steelies right you know.
The headline SHOULD'VE read 'NSW Police were instructed to issue an apology for racially vilifying Palestinians.'

- But what I think is even more concerning is questions surrounding 'a fair trial'.
When the case was heard, did they use a form of 'lawfare' in not granting the man in question further time to get legal representation?
Did they try to sweep it all 'under the rug' quickly?

I want you all to know that I try to stand up for whats right in all things.
If this guy is indeed a citizen, and these are the laws we live by then I support him getting a fair trial and being treated fairly.

- That said -

That doesn't necessarily mean I support the idea of multicultural in Australia;
or that I don't have concerns about Islam in Australia;
or that I believe Australians are racist for voicing these concerns.

I firmly believe WE should decide who comes here and the future of our country NOT the UN;
- But one thing has nothing to do with the other.

If the NZ Police were doing terrorist training with terrorists dressed in Australian Olympic Team outfits or Collingwood Jerseys Aussies would jack up too...
(Well maybe not all Aussies in the case of Collingwood)
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 4 May 2019 7:10:23 PM
Steele redux,
Would you be able to answer my last question ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 May 2019 7:35:28 AM
AC come on, this thread is no laughing matter
The PC beast is real, not a yowi but a very real monster stalking our streets
Given your known biases I would have thought you would see that
The police have zero to say sorry for, those complaining, even if fifth generation Aussies, are lard heads
Now if, and it may come, an idiot, from either extremes, murders while wearing a Burka, THESE FOOLS will not support getting rid of that garment
I by the way do, ban it,
Posted by Belly, Sunday, 5 May 2019 12:13:53 PM
The apology was issued because of the successful action of a Muslim gentleman, hence the heading is quite correct.

Steele's problem is that he feels insignificant when up against a superior intellect.
Posted by Is Mise, Sunday, 5 May 2019 2:26:36 PM
about 400 rockets fired towards Israel's citizens in last 24 hours by 'Palestinians' It is the start of Ramadan so I suppose its the Buddhist firing the rockets.
Posted by runner, Sunday, 5 May 2019 2:53:46 PM
runner,
Would these Palestinians be proponents of multiculturalism ?
Posted by individual, Sunday, 5 May 2019 6:59:02 PM
Hey Belly,

"AC come on, this thread is no laughing matter
The PC beast is real, not a yowi but a very real monster stalking our streets"

I was being serious, sorry;
- And you all know I have nothing but contempt for PC -

There's always a bigger picture:
What if you found out that the people conducting the Counter-Terrorism training for our Police were Israeli?
I don't know that they are, but would that change your mind?

Here's an idea, why don't we go out of our way to take sides in someone else's mess?

Here's another aspect.
At lot of these foreigners might have anxiety or depression issues and be on prescription drugs.
Prescription antidepressants are associated with some pretty screwed up behavior.
So you want this kind of person thinking the whole country's out to get them?
What are they likely to do then?

The head garment was unnecessary, end of story.
Of course we want Police to we be well trained for any potential event, but we don't need them adding to the polarisation in the first instance.

Yes, Ban the Burka.
Unless you want to let people start sporting balaclavas;
- Purely for the sake of 'equality'...

Hey runner,
Don't make me do it...
'You know you're all like swamp creatures where you get your news from.'
Oops sorry, too late mate.

"about 400 rockets fired towards Israel's citizens in last 24 hours by 'Palestinians' It is the start of Ramadan so I suppose its the Buddhist firing the rockets."

Your news isn't telling you the full story.
This started 4 days ago when a 'incendiary balloon' crossed into Israel and landed in a paddock.
And I knew about it 4 days ago.

'Israel Attacks Gaza, Maduro Orders Arrests & MSM Exposed For Its Role In Venezuela Regime Change'
http://youtu.be/DqOGpsJqNlY
Streamed live on 2 May 2019

Try his newer video:

MSM Ignores The Israeli Attack That Truly Kicked Off This Recent Escalation In Gaza
http://youtu.be/UXkC4MdgNrY
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 6 May 2019 9:38:07 AM
Dear Is Mise,

You write;

“The apology was issued because of the successful action of a Muslim gentleman, hence the heading is quite correct.”

Well no, the headline did not include the fact that action was done by a male, the only thing you fixated on was the fact he was a Muslim. However the judgement was made in his favour because he was a Palestinian, not because he was a Muslim.

Then this;

“Steele's problem is that he feels insignificant when up against a superior intellect.”

Hmm. Lol.

Dear runner,

Pretty amazing what those Buddhists get up to isn't it. Now they are firing missiles from fighter jets and killing pregnant women. All this after 6 months of gunning down hundreds of unarmed civilians including medical staff and reporters.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 10:09:21 AM
Steele,

“Steele's problem is that he feels insignificant when up against a superior intellect.”

I weren't referrin' to meself, Guv'nor (tugs forelock), I was referrin' to Mr Bazz.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 12:25:45 PM
Dear Is Mise,

Even funnier.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 1:12:40 PM
Steele,

Yes, I thought that I was being rather humourous; thank you.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 1:19:32 PM
Just heard that none of the Palestinian terrorists firing rockets into Israel are wearing checkered headscarves.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 1:25:53 PM
Dear Is Mise,

And none of the Israelis terrorising and bombing families in Gaza, and killing pregnant women, were wearing shtreimels.

Your point?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 1:38:16 PM
we know steelie that truth never mattered to you. Just lying sick narratives.
Posted by runner, Monday, 6 May 2019 2:08:28 PM
Your point?
SteeleRedux,
D'they run out of tea-towels ?
Posted by individual, Monday, 6 May 2019 2:10:27 PM
Steelie: in Gaza, and killing pregnant women

It's been reveled that the Pregnant Woman was killed by a Palestinian Rocket that failed to fire & detonated on the Ground.

So stick that in ya pipe & smoke it Steelie.

Over 200 Rockets from the Palestinians & just a couple of bombs on the Place where the Rockets were coming from.

Do you have anything to say about the Palestinians starting the latest Terrorist Activities, Steelie, or do you think It Ok for them to indiscriminately target Israeli Civilians as they please?
Posted by Jayb, Monday, 6 May 2019 3:16:52 PM
Steele doesn't think that people should be able to defend themselves.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 4:39:10 PM
Hi Steele,

I wonder if you inadvertently equate 'Palestinians' with 'Hamas', and 'Hamas' with 'Islamists'; and 'Islamists' with Islamist terrorists', and thereby end up somehow equating the Palestinian struggle for a State with apologising for ISIS ? Or at least for Hamas ? As a PLO-inclined person, I don't think I equate Palestinians with Hamas, I think of the Palestinian dilemma as more secular and nationalist.

For all it matters, I support a two-state solution, with minimal Israeli settlements on the West Bank, a Palestine which should either unite with Jordan or set itself up as an independent state, and be done with it. Bit late now though.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Monday, 6 May 2019 5:07:52 PM
Dear Is Mise,

Of course I do. Israel has slaughtered, maimed and wounded hundreds of mostly unarmed Gazans protesting at the border.

On Thursday an incendiary device was floated into Israel from Gaza under a bunch of balloons. In retaliation Israel launched missile strikes on military targets within Gaza. Gazan snipers then killed two Israeli soldiers and fired their own missiles. Israel intensified its bombing killing and wounding women, children and unborn. The Gazans replied with missiles.

Israel of course once again targeted government official's homes as is there normal tactic, no regard of course for the families inside.

"It leveled the homes of several militant commanders, saying they were used to store weapons or as operational headquarters, and fired on a number of Palestinians it said were engaged in launching rockets."

http://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/05/world/middleeast/gaza-rockets-israel-palestinians.html

When Israel attacks the Gazan government officials even though they were not the group responsible for the balloon launch then I fully understand the Gazans defending themselves. It appears you do to.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 5:10:38 PM
Dear Loudmouth,

How on earth am I apologising for ISIS?

Hamas was originally elected by a majority of the Palestinian people.

The battle with Israel has caused their support to grow. The Gazans saw off the Israeli settlement within Gaza but those on the West Bank have seen their land illegally occupied and a hundred thousand Israelis moved on to their lands.

It is pretty obvious that the Gazan people do not want settlements to once again erode their land and Hamas would seem to be the only group prepared to make sure that doesn't happen. I don't blame them.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 5:22:40 PM
Stele,

"Of course I do. Israel has slaughtered, maimed and wounded hundreds of mostly unarmed Gazans protesting at the border."

Which is in the same mould as Gandhi's Salt March.

Provoke and then use the resultant violence to one's own ends.

Those who provoke violence are more guilty than those who are provoked.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 6:44:06 PM
Dear Is Mise,

Is this what is going on here?

http://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2193425987373599
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 6 May 2019 6:59:20 PM
Steele,

"Well no, the headline did not include the fact that action was done by a male,"

Another funny?

The text said 'gentleman"; are you having gender appreciation problems?
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 6 May 2019 7:21:15 PM
Hey SteeleRedux,

Yes that report you quoted is more in line with what I heard.

But I've got to point out to everyone else that I got my info days ago.
The MSM news you lot are listening to isn't as informative as the info I get on selected YouTube channels.

Sometimes I'm days ahead, sometimes months
Sometimes I'm even years ahead of your news.

It isn't reasonable that my news just happens to be better;
The truth can thus only be that yours is deliberately incompetent.

Mushroom News - keeps you in the dark and feeds you BS

Find out why my news is better

Leaked Docs Reveal US Plan To 'Overthrow Venezuela' Using Starvation/Psyops & Israel-Gaza Update
http://youtu.be/oK17ZxwucuM

May as well throw this in too:

40k Venezuelans killed by US Sanctions – Report
http://youtu.be/cgi7TDNh5Ps
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 6 May 2019 8:59:43 PM
I have only just caught up with this thread.
The Labour party has announced that they will bring in legislation to
toughen up 18c of the Human rights act.
They are to bring in a bill, pun not intended, to increase the funds
to the Human Rights Commission and will with 18c impose restrictions
on "hate speech". Statements by the Greens indicate that free speech
will be suppressed. Not in so many words of course but various named
political commentators who oppose the greens and labour would expect
gaol or be banned from broadcast media. Bolt, Jones, Kenny and some
others were specifically mentioned to be removed from broadcasting.

What I heard Shorten and diCostello, or whatever his name is, say made
it clear that any opposition will be closed down. I presume the
legislation would have enforcement provisions.

So what I have read here tonight will be under threat if Labour wins.
I have never heard politicians speak like this previously.
Posted by Bazz, Monday, 6 May 2019 11:35:44 PM
Thanks Bazz,
- For confirming exactly what I said earlier in the day on another thread:
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8778&page=0#281629
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 12:07:04 AM
Those who provoke violence are more guilty than those who are provoked.
Is Mise,
The leftists & other general parasitic will never admit to that !
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 7:07:50 AM
Dear individual,

So is building illegal settlements on occupied land in defiance of international law and UN resolutions provocation enough for you?

Or should the Palestinians stand back and see yet another 100,000 Israelis move in and bulldoze more homes and settle on more Palestinian land while imposing severe restrictions on the Palestinian people?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 10:21:43 AM
Dear Steele,

Have I told you lately that I think you're great?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 11:28:35 AM
Dear Foxy,

Thank you but more often than not I'm tending to see myself as a cranky old coot. This place can have that kind of effect on all of us nowadays. But a post like yours does help keep the chin up so thanks again.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 11:49:26 AM
Dear Steele,

You, a cranky old coot?

Never!

Not only are you a breath of fresh air on this
forum - but you're intelligent, logical, well-
reasoned, factual, with a great
sense of humour, and a great big heart.

A lovely bloke.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 2:07:30 PM
should the Palestinians stand back and see yet another 100,000 Israelis move in
SteeleRedux,
If the Palestinians were more inclined to curb their intense hatred filled animosity they too could be enjoying a good life alongside & with their neighbours.
Btw. are Palestinians anti-diversity or is it just the Israelis they hate so much ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 3:48:30 PM
It's not a matter of hatred - it's a matter
of justice. The Israelis should not take
other people's homes and land. If the
occupation was to cease - so would the alleged
"hatred."
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 4:04:01 PM
I do not understand, Foxy, why you encourage a dishonest, delusional reprobate like Reflux. He is an undesirable, and I have in at least two posts, pointed out that he posted lies about the climate scientist, Robert Carter, and when asked for a source of the false statement, simply repeated his ill-bred behaviour in ignoring the question, and dishonestly claims that his ill-bred behaviour does not stem from his upbringing. When asked for an explanation of his ill-bred behaviour, he again in his ill-bred manner, ignored the question. A lovely bloke, is he, Foxy?
Posted by Leo Lane, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 4:42:09 PM
Dear Leo lane,

Really?

Well I must be doing something right to have you returning after a week's sabbatical just to defend dearly departed Bob. Now I do feel important.

Dear individual,

So if Australia was invaded and occupied would you really condemn those who resisted?

The Gazans fought and ended up getting Israel to dismantle and withdraw their illegal settlements. Those on the West Bank tried your appeasement with the Israelis instead and where did that get them? Their land divided like swiss cheese with illegal settlements, under constant harassment by illegal settlers, thousands of their homes bulldozed and lives under extreme restrictions.

They are living on their knees with a future of constant land losses and deprivations. At least the Gazans are on their feet resisting.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 6:58:41 PM
Dear Leo Lane,

I can only speak of my experiences with Steele R.
And they have all been very positive.
I take people as I find them. To me the
forum is all the better for his contributions.
I'm sorry that you feel slighted - but
you shall have to take that up with him.

As for Robert M. Carter? He has received a great
deal of criticism for his support of climate change
denial and his association with the Institute of
Public Affairs and other similar climate denial
think tanks. Also for the flaws in his statistical
and other data.

To each their own.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 7:34:00 PM
cont'd ...

Dear Leo Lane,

More on Bob Carter in the following link:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/of-green/2010/nov/30/climate-change-sceptic-bob-carter
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 7:44:18 PM
cont'd ...

Dear Leo Lane,

My apologies for the typo. Here's the link again:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/cif-green/2010/nov/30/climate-change-sceptic-bob-carter
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 7:48:29 PM
Dear Foxy,

Thank you again but this has more to do with me claiming Bob Carter was not a climate scientist and poor old Leo suffering from the vapours as a result.

Even ultra sceptic Joanne Nova acknowledges he wasn't but Leo seems to want to take it out on me.

Kind of endearing really.

“Bob Carter did an enormous amount to help save us all from stupidity. He was one off our non-climate scientists who convinced Senator Steve Fielding (the only engineer in Parliament) that the climate scientists’ projections of catastrophic human caused global warming were not based on sound objective, analysis of the relevant evidence and were highly suspect”
http://joannenova.com.au/2016/01/bob-carter-a-great-man-gone-far-too-soon/
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 7:49:16 PM
Here's a picture of a Palestinian family in their olive grove:
Note the male is wearing the traditional black and white keffiyeh.
Skip to 2h21m45s
http://youtu.be/OkS5cFwP6Jw

Do they look like terrorists?

And if you want a good history of the entire 3000 year period from Abraham till today, the history of the people in this area shown on google maps including the grievances of the Palestinians in relation to lands taken from them, watch more of that video starting from 45m00s

Stop trading in bs and wasting your time with news that keeps you dumb and choose instead to get the facts...
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 9:22:19 PM
Oh and BTW the International Institute for Counter Terrorism is in Israel, so there IS a reasonable chance the training provided for this NSW Police exercise was associated in some ways with Israeli Counter-Terrorism based views.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 10:46:19 PM
So if Australia was invaded and occupied would you really condemn those who resisted?
SteeleRedux,
Isn't that what you're doing right now ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 10:52:06 PM
Sri Lanka has expelled 200 Muslim clerics following the terrorist slaughter. Good to know that there are politicians in the world who are not jelly-backs like those in the West.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 10:53:09 PM
Dear individual,

You asked;

"So if Australia was invaded and occupied would you really condemn those who resisted?
SteeleRedux,
Isn't that what you're doing right now ?"

Only to those with enfeebled minds who see some equivalence between Australian immigration and a brutal occupation of the Palestinian people.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 7 May 2019 11:08:48 PM
Only to those with enfeebled minds who see some equivalence between Australian immigration and a brutal occupation of the Palestinian people.
SteeleRedux,
I'd say that only those with enfeebled minds & severe hypocrisy would deny that ! Going by your views it is easy to understand why the Middle east problem will not get solved ever !
Imagine just for one moment if every other country that has been occupied by new settlers would behave in the same manner the Palestinians do ? Mankind would have been annihilated years ago ! Luckily, some ethnic groups have continued to develop. Until people come to their senses they will perpetuate & prolong utterly unnecessary suffering ! It's up to those claiming victimhood to stop being the aggressors !
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 7:02:50 AM
Dear individual,

You write;

"Until people come to their senses they will perpetuate & prolong utterly unnecessary suffering ! It's up to those claiming victimhood to stop being the aggressors !"

So the Partisans in WW2 should have given up after the first massacre of civilians by the Nazis due to their resistance actions?
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 10:20:19 AM
So the Partisans in WW2 should have given up after the first massacre of civilians by the Nazis due to their resistance actions?
SteeleRedux,
This is not an answer plus your lot has been at it for two thousand years ! Don't you think it's about time to quit ?
You don't have the mentality for a solution & that is the primary problem ! Start being logical & sensible. The partisans were worse than the aggressors so their mentality was & will never be an answer to the problems !
Stop your ways & start mixing with new blood.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 11:16:46 AM
Dear individual,

My mentality says that the illegal settlements in the West Bank must go, your is that they instead be allowed to grow.

Churchill's mentality was that occupied Europe must be freed even after he had foiled any invasion plans of his own country.

If he had adopted your mentality then Europe would still be under occupation.

Now if you want to espouse a Ghandiesque solution please do so but you sure as hell don't get to say an occupied people should not continue to struggle for freedom.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 11:27:37 AM
You've all gone nutty.
Why don't you all just acquaint yourselves with the facts?
The 12 Tribes of Israel were only ever united for a period of around 150 years.
And that was thousands of years ago.
When the Jews went to Babylon, other people moved onto the land, and they've been there ever since.
Far longer than Israel was ever a nation for.
Click my previous link and learn the facts for yourselves.
You're hardly doing so well with knowledge of facts right now;
What do you have to lose?
The Palestinians fight over the Nakba - the right of return;
And the land in the south of Israel was never designated to be Israel's.
They just went in and took it in 1948.

Israel thinks it has the right to this land and more;
- But under UN the right to self determination was something that came into effect before the State of Israel did.

Sanhedrin Invites Nikki Haley to be Honorary President of Organization of 70 Nations
http://www.breakingisraelnews.com/118979/sanhedrin-nikki-haley-president/

"Her support of Israel’s claim to the Golan and Jerusalem came from a belief in the Biblical boundaries of Israel and our claim to those boundaries today,” said Weiss. “This is the type of person we need to head a true Biblical organization of nations. Just as the U.N. is trying too rewrite Jewish history and steal our culture and borders, they can do so for any other nations. This must not happen. This organization must remain an organization of universal truth and not a tool for political interests."

"In the Organization of 70 Nations based on Mount Zion, every nation shall retain its language, culture, and traditions. Each nation shall retain its sovereignty in its place without any threat from roaming bands of refugees."

"Each nation shall be solely responsible for maintaining a fitting and proper justice system as per the Seven Noahide Laws incumbent upon all of mankind."
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 12:14:07 PM
The Hegelian Dialectic.

Problem Reaction Solution.
They create the problems in our countries by promoting immigration;
Whilst their puppet the US goes about wars to create the immigration problem fighting wars on their behalf.
Then they will present themselves as the answer to all our problems;
- Which they were firstly responsible for creating themselves.

Order out of Chaos
Posted by Armchair Critic, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 12:15:14 PM
One is reminded of the Anglo-Norman invasion of Ireland in 1170.

Resistance is still going on.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 12:59:45 PM
One is reminded of the Anglo-Norman invasion of Ireland in 1170.
is Mise,
Well, let's hope they get new blood into their society too in the next thousand years.
In the animal world the problem with inbred mutts is that they become uncontrollable mongrels. No good to anyone !
Could the same be happening to humans too ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 3:23:43 PM
The Irish have been getting new blood for thousands of years and they absorb the incomers, Hiberniores Hibernis ipsis.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 5:17:36 PM
Hiberniores Hibernis ipsis
Is Mise,
If only the Middle Easterners could be like that too ! I suppose two thousand years is too soon for them.
If SteeleRedux would start now his great,great,great,great grand children might have a chance to live in harmony with others.
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 8:29:41 PM
Individual,

Somehow I think this may be slightly off-topic, but in defence of my dear irish convict ancestors, Ireland has been the fertile grounds for people from all around the Atlantic Coasts, not just from (and to) Britain - from west Africa, from Scandinavia, from France, even from England.

And my ancestors from England were also the products of Atlantic societies, Rome,
Scandinavia, France, and god knows where else.

And let's not even talk about my Scottish ancestors.

We're all mixed to buggery, Individual. Everybody, everywhere. And more than we can imagine. And even more so in the coming generations. Darwin asserted that intermarriage, hybridism, produces more beautiful, more intelligent, more healthy offspring.

I wish I was a hundred years younger :(

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 8 May 2019 9:05:28 PM
Is Mise,
You'll find that the irish were the most successful emigrants & they did way more spreading & infiltrating than taking in. The evidence is everywhere !
Posted by individual, Thursday, 9 May 2019 6:53:16 AM
Australia, like the United States, has been taken hostage by multiculturalism. Multiculturalism is not the benign, tolerant life-style promoted by inner-city Greens, Their ABC and other left-wing apologists.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 9 May 2019 9:33:26 AM
Dear individual,

“If SteeleRedux would start now his great,great,great,great grand children might have a chance to live in harmony with others.”

The Irish were indeed great infiltrators. They were by far the largest mass of followers of Catholic religion to enter this country. They took local jobs despite the best efforts to exclude them by those hiring. They came from the bogs and were dirt poor thus drove down wages when they got here. They were largely uneducated, were difficult to communicate with and they often brought their sectarian ways with them.

A tenth of the convicts in the first fleet were Catholics and although a convict priest was permitted to say mass in 1802 the privileges were withdrawn after the Castle Hill uprising and the authorities banned mass until the 1820s.

Ultimately the priests of their religion turned out be either rampant sexual abusers of our children or were prepared to turn a blind eye to that abuse. Their ways were not our ways.

And one shouldn't forget the early traitorous uprisings by disaffected Irish at Castle Hill and Vinegar Hill.

Aren't they are the best example of out of control multi-culturalism to ever afflict this country?

Oh I do enjoy a bit of over the top rhetoric every now and again. You lot really do get to have some fun don't you, unconstrained by any semblance of fact, or truth, or decency to get in the way of a bash an immigrant rant.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 9 May 2019 11:24:46 AM
"Aren't they are the best example of out of control multi-culturalism to ever afflict this country?"

Not really, they were British.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 9 May 2019 11:53:43 AM
Dear Is Mise,

And what answer do you think they would have given when asked if they were British?

Over 600 convicts were sent here without trial for striving for Irish independence and freedom from occupation.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 9 May 2019 12:03:20 PM
SteeleRedux,
So, is the only difference between the Irish & the Muslims that the Irish happen to be less religious violence orientated ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 9 May 2019 2:06:52 PM
Steele,

"And what answer do you think they would have given when asked if they were British?"

They'd have said that they were Irish, just as the Welsh would say Welsh the Scots, Scots and the English, English.

They were, however, all British.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 9 May 2019 4:19:25 PM
I suspect that most of you will not have read the article I have linked
below. There was a meeting of new and not so new parties in Europe that
are concerned with the Islamic/African invasion.

You should put aside the time to read it all. It could easily become
a very important political movement. There has been a movement under
the feet of the traditional parties and if it really gets under way in
Europe do not be surprised to see it start here.
Expect to see the Yellow Jackets become more prominent.

http://tinyurl.com/y38cmbxp

It will be a movement that could develop into a very tense situation
as the obvious opponent has no reservations about using guns and explosives.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 9 May 2019 10:22:22 PM
Bazz,
You're upsetting the Leftie do-gooders with those facts. 7 out of 10 Australians still can't see the problem. If they did, next week's election would spell the end of Labor !
Posted by individual, Friday, 10 May 2019 7:17:44 AM
Bazz and Individual,

The election results will show you guys exactly
where you and your views stand in this country.
For now you can continue to bay at the heels.
You're having a good effect. Keep doing it.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 May 2019 10:17:16 AM
cont'd ...

I noticed on the news an assessment of world
politicians - Number one was - Jacinta Adhern -
the Prime Minister of New Zealand. Second was
Senator Penny Wong.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 May 2019 1:43:28 PM
Foxy,

" Number one was - Jacinta Adhern -
Senator Penny Wong"

Just shews that the world can get it wrong.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 10 May 2019 2:19:23 PM
Foxy posted;
I noticed on the news an assessment of world
politicians - Number one was - Jacinta Adhern -
Senator Penny Wong.

Oh my gawd, is that the best that can be done ?
Then we really are in BIG trouble !

I think I will find a reef somewhere and build on it.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 10 May 2019 2:36:40 PM
Individual, yes there are non so blind as those who do not take any
notice of the experience of others.
They somehow think, Oh it won't happen here, we are all so easy to get
on with. They do not see that is just encouragement.
Posted by Bazz, Friday, 10 May 2019 2:42:25 PM
Dear Bazz,

It's when you tolerate myths, and lies, -
in other words - crap, - that you find
yourself knee deep in waste.

You and individual may think you're coated
in chocolate - but the rest of us can see
what you're really dipped in.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 May 2019 4:24:01 PM
I supposed they asked around every Socialist/Marxist venue around. I could get the opposite result If I asked the same question at a Liberal Party Convention or a PUP Meeting. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 10 May 2019 4:29:33 PM
The Libs sell you sugarcoating to buy you.

Crap is not sugarcoating, unless of course you're
a conservative. Ay!
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 10 May 2019 4:50:22 PM
The last poster is toxic in the extreme !
Posted by individual, Friday, 10 May 2019 11:51:30 PM
This from someone who does not have or see any issues with
their own postings.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 10:39:32 AM
Dear Bazz,

Thank you mate that link was a bloody hoot of the highest order.

On one hand you have this quote;

"We are fighting for Europe to remain European, with European values...." — Tomio Okamura, President, Czech Freedom and Direct Democracy party (SPD) and Deputy Speaker of the Chamber of Deputies.

Then you have this one;

"However, my friends, it isn't easy to leave the EU, as the British have found out. Despite a majority voting for Brexit, the establishment and the EU have colluded to stop us." — Janice Atkinson, British MEP, who is also Vice Chair of the Europe of Nations and Freedom (ENF) political group in the European Parliament.

What a collection of misfit dropkicks who can't even get their messaging right.

'We want to protect European values' they scream but then talk about breaking up the European Union.

Priceless.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 11 May 2019 12:18:49 PM
Dear individual,

Why do you feel foxy is 'toxic in the extreme'?

She clearly is far from that but I'm interested to know how you rationalised your assessment.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Saturday, 11 May 2019 12:21:35 PM
She clearly is far from that
SteeleRedux,
I read very insidious hypocritical messages between the lines of her & your posts.
Posted by individual, Saturday, 11 May 2019 1:10:23 PM
Then how is that our problem?

You're the one doing the reading.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 3:39:57 PM
Then how is that our problem?

It isn't ! It is society's problem who has to deal with the consequences of hate speech & other convenient lying & mis-portrayal by the hypocritical !
Posted by individual, Saturday, 11 May 2019 6:47:34 PM
Individual,

Hate to break it to you but it's
actually YOUR problem.

You're always the one who sees toxicity in
others while ignoring it in yourself.
Consistently blaming others will not solve
you own problem.

Admit you've got a problem, and then do
something about it.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 11 May 2019 6:57:09 PM
Admit you've got a problem, and then do
something about it.

I will, on Saturday !
Posted by individual, Sunday, 12 May 2019 1:25:14 PM
Met a Palestinian Bar attendant today & she showed me a map of how Palestine had shrunk over forty or so years. She got a tad upset when I asked her why they couldn't just stop fighting & arguing & live in peace & harmony.
Palestine has certainly shrunk over the years & it was clear why they'll never ever have peace until one is annihilated.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 May 2019 7:49:50 PM
Dear individual,

You wrote;

“Palestine has certainly shrunk over the years & it was clear why they'll never ever have peace until one is annihilated.”

For the life of me I just don't know how your mind works. One country is shrinking the other through illegal settlements and you think peace will only be achieved when one annihilates the other? How about just stopping the illegal house demolitions, the removal of Palestinian farmers off their land, and the flooding of the Palestinian lands with illegal Israeli settlers.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 16 May 2019 8:04:17 PM
SteeleRedux,
As harsh & sad as this is but can you honestly see this coming to an end unless the Palestinians accept that they have been conquered & the only option is to integrate ? Other Nation suffered the same fate. Some fared better, some worse. In today's world integration is forced upon everyone. Integrate & live in peace, keep fighting a losing battle & you keep suffering !
I'm sorry but I simply can not see any other solution.
Posted by individual, Thursday, 16 May 2019 11:01:37 PM
Steelie: and the flooding of the Palestinian lands with illegal Israeli settlers.

If the Palestinians would change their attitude towards Israel & live in Peace & Harmony with Israel then their lands wouldn't keep shrinking.

The Palestinians keep trying to kill Israelis & get wacked in return. They deserve to lose their land.

Remember, "To the Victor go the spoils." & the Pallies keep losing. You think they'd learn their lesson. Ay.
Posted by Jayb, Friday, 17 May 2019 9:42:45 AM
Remember, "To the Victor go the spoils." & the Pallies keep losing. You think they'd learn their lesson. Ay.

Yes, why wont they just accept that they've been conquered dammit?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 20 May 2019 9:45:40 PM
SR,

And there I thought you supported illegal immigration!
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 11:51:30 AM
Dear Shadow Minister,

What I don't support is being flippant about a people who are losing their land through illegal settlements supported by a brutal occupation and championed by people like you whose ideology completely eclipses any notions of justice and sticking up for the underdog.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 12:13:22 PM
It took the Irish over a thousand years to kick the invaders out and to get most of their territory back, the Palestinians don't look like stopping either.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 12:51:35 PM
SR,

You must be a greenie you certainly have the complete lack of humour of those suffering from a sanctimonious anal blockage.

I'm amazed at your abilities to hold conflicting attitudes to different people. Is it schizophrenia or anti semitism?
Posted by Shadow Minister, Tuesday, 21 May 2019 5:39:09 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 17
  7. 18
  8. 19
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy