The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Conversation About this Election

A Conversation About this Election

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. 57
  9. Page 58
  10. All
SALTPETRE not going to tell me you will rule forever are you?
Polling got it wrong even the exit ones
And the Party got it wrong too
Such things happen on both sides we became Santa Claus giving far too much on the run
Albo will be installed today, he should have been instead of Bill
See he beat Bill, but the machine IGNORED rank and file
Yes I too have got it wrong, Bill never was the man I knew, in conversation one after another within the party we asked when he would be that man
Gone now we, me too overlooked the very real distrust many had for him
Missed a bullet, I think our pain, my parties pain, was in the end needed, we had become to focused on ourselves and not voters, we will learn
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 May 2019 7:25:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-election-2019/a-labor-elder-statesman-s-verdict-on-the-mistakes-that-brought-defeat-20190522-p51q3n.html
This link [not sure I can continue posting links after my warning]
Tells us even at the top of my party some knew we got it wrong, best thing I have seen so far in telling us what when wrong
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 May 2019 7:29:36 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

Much as I respect Bob Carr as a politician and statesman, I can only assess that in this offering of his he certainly nailed many of the deficiencies in Labor's campaign offerings, but I fail to be overly impressed by his exposition of Labor's way forward to success.

He failed to make any mention of the scurrilously exaggerated approach to climate change mitigation, or to negative gearing and capital gains tax proposals, but more importantly, addressed business as almost a necessary inconvenience to the advancement of worker's rights.
Wow, that's a bit harsh.

Perhaps his view of business is alluded to in this statement:

"Leaving Labor open to the charge of being anti-enterprise is as unnecessary as giving the impression we scorn people who may believe in hell as part of their theology."

Unnecessary? Meaning Labor is necessarily 'anti-enterprise'?

Maybe we can accept this as a 'typo', but Albo is proposing a much more collegiate relationship with business than the above would infer.

What would make Labor even hint at a relationship with business somewhat akin to the ongoing 'relationship' between Israel and the Palestinians?

Rethink, yes. But one would certainly hope for a more inclusive and less potentially combative, if not deliberately misleading, forward vision.
Posted by Saltpetre, Thursday, 23 May 2019 12:26:50 PM
ok hand in the air, I avoided telling some things to my party,
We have that filthy old rug known as solidarity, it hides the truth and some true criminals
COAL we must sell it while we can, it has a limited future but,if we do not sell it others will
Refugees, we know /knew , voters want an end to boats,we pandered to our left and the greens, and lost votes
Albo should record Scomos warning and have it played in those countries that boats come from
We, together with the government, should find homes \[not in New Zealand] for those in detention
NZ would only see more boats arriving here looking for homes in NZ
if a policy wins you one vote but sees five leave you, following it is insane
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 23 May 2019 12:30:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 55
  7. 56
  8. 57
  9. Page 58
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy