The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you defend someone being put to the crucifix in 2019?

Would you defend someone being put to the crucifix in 2019?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
One would think being put to the crucifix is something that would not occur globally in 2019 and is something from more ancient times, but it is still in occurrence.

The person in question has been found guilty by a government for terrorist related crimes.

http://edition.cnn.com/2019/04/23/middleeast/saudi-executions-terror-intl/index.html

Would you defend this person? Yes or no? What would be your argument for taking a particular side?
Posted by NathanJ, Thursday, 25 April 2019 3:09:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Criminal minds haven't changed so why should deterrents ?
Posted by individual, Thursday, 25 April 2019 4:01:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
According to the linked report, crucifixion in Saudi Arabia has a completely different meaning from the Ancient Roman punishment. Saudi crucifixion involves stringing someone up AFTER he's been executed.

Though I don't support having capital punishment, in places where it legally exists and is enforced I have no problem with it being applied to terrorists, whether or not they're strung up afterwards.

But whether those people actually committed the crimes they were convicted of is another matter. Saudi justice is notoriously dodgy - it almost makes even the Chinese system look fair by comparison!

Alas I don't see anything that can be done about that.
Posted by Aidan, Thursday, 25 April 2019 4:45:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Nathan j Aiden has a point, who knows if they are even guilty,that country can not be trusted
As well we know some fanatics have themselves crucified as a sign of devotion
Plus we, humanity in general, can not stop murders of any kind
I am in trouble in another thread for saying beheading in that country is barbaric
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 25 April 2019 6:10:38 PM
How do you defend a person who has already been executed or crucified?

If you mean before the event, how would you go about doing that in Saudi Arabia? They would do the business on you too. Silly bloody question to ask in the safety of Australia, where there is no death penalty; and what happens outside Australia is none of our business. For mine, they can execute as many terrorists as they can get their hands on.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 25 April 2019 6:20:39 PM
Nathan do not be put off you post an interesting post now and again and most of us see them as worthwhile
I see your question for what it is and it questions, in the end, our humanity
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 25 April 2019 6:24:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy