The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Capitalism

Capitalism

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17
  13. All
Capitalism "seems the only system that works".
mhaze,
So does Capital punishment & they got rid of that too ! That anti-logic is turning the west into the basket case we're experiencing now !
Capitalism works well until it is hijacked by the greedy. If negative gearing were to be removed & a flat tax introduced, Capitalism would work well for the simple reason that a level playing field would be self-regulating !
Posted by individual, Friday, 26 April 2019 9:58:57 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
No easy task, just re-read every post, seems some want to put tags I do not see on the subject
Let me ask these questions, why do we pay tax, tell me if I get it wrong
We pay tax to defend our country, we also defend our very lifestyle
Health education aged care welfare transport infrastructure
We build water reservations so we can drink, we subsidise farmers in hard times, so we can keep that industry
So if we pay tax, every one, even those tax avoiders, we can build a better society/country/world
The hard task is not reading others contributions, it is in seeing we divide ourselves based on politics, not what is best for all
Is it ok for 70 of the biggest companies trading here to pay zero tax
If we, by using the system described here, put over a third more cash in our pockets we surely, would spend more and get very real benefits nationwide
Posted by Belly, Friday, 26 April 2019 12:25:57 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Companies paying zero tax: if a company ploughs all its profits back into development, research, replacement, up-grade, etc., i.e. expenses incurred in running its business and planning for its future business, then it has no profit to tax. So no tax.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 26 April 2019 3:41:23 PM
a company ploughs all its profits back into development, research, replacement, up-grade, etc.
Loudmouth,
Show us one (1), just one company that does that !
Posted by individual, Friday, 26 April 2019 3:55:03 PM
Loudmouth yes, but my proposal is to end false claims, not the true ones
Capitalism has changed,often,why not change again
Millionaires, even billionaires paying no tax?
International firms earning even more paying no tax?
What is wrong with the super rich paying, even helping the very real poor, by just paying their share
Growth, we can not neglect in the short term, maybe long too, more cash/purchasing power in circulation would lead to inflation
Rather than cut interest rates or raise them, we should use the GST to control and balance with raises contributing to helping those in need
Governments open and in the spotlight, could reduce tax on firms establishing but must not be a forever thing, short term only
Rich forever getting richer seems no way to go
Posted by Belly, Friday, 26 April 2019 4:45:01 PM
Hey individual,

No-one's propsing to ask the dead to pay more tax ! The inheritor pays ! After all, they're the beneficiaries.

Glass half full, Glass half empty;
Depends on which way you look at it does it not?
One could say that's EXACTLY what they're doing.

The simple concept of the 'government stealing from the dead' is equally valid don't you think?

I'm thinking about it from point of view of the money, not the beneficiary.
I guess it comes back to the principle of taxing gifts and second hand items.

If I work and earn $100 after tax and I give that money to you, why should the government get a cut?
If they get a cut after I already paid tax to get it then it's not tax anymore its a ponzi scheme.

If I pay 30k for a new car, inc. GST;
Then a few years later sell the car for 20K and the new buyer has to pay tax/stamp duty;
Then a few years later that person sells the car for 15k and the new buyer pays tax/stamp duty
Then a few years later that person sells the car for 10k and the new buyer pays tax/stamp duty
Then a few years later that person sells the car for 5k and the new buyer pays tax/stamp duty

There was only ever 1 original purchase on 1 item of goods.
The vehicle decreased in value,
Whilst the total tax collected by government continually increased with every transfer of ownership.
How much tax does the government collect on the one item of goods as a percentage of that original purchase price?
And what about classic cars?
The government got their tax back in 1950, but they still collect a small percentage with every sale.
It may be that the total tax collected exceeds the original cost of the vehicle.

If a person already paid tax in the process of earning the money,
Why should the government get another piece of the action every time ownership of that money changes hands?
Is it not a ponzi scheme?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Friday, 26 April 2019 11:12:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 15
  11. 16
  12. 17