The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Justice for Peter Ridd

Justice for Peter Ridd

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All
We're all stuck in the swamp - but some
of us are looking at the stars.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:16:04 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Ridd's exoneration should lead to an outbreak of freedom of speech and honest debate on the climate scam. It should also serve as a warning to the Left media and other academics that suppression of opponents right to freedom of thought and speech could entail some real-world penalties. James Cook university's appalling arrogance and tyranny is going to cost.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:23:26 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
'We're all stuck in the swamp - but some
of us are looking at the stars.'

pay that one Foxy! ha
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 4:57:52 PM
runner,

Don't need to pay it. How about trying it for
a change?
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 5:05:34 PM
Well Foxy the stars in these cases are definetely Ridd and Folau.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 5:22:11 PM
I think there is quite some difference in reporting news about the Peter Ridd case outcome, difference between ABC and SMH reporting.
The ABC seems to provide a balanced view.
The SMH view appears to me to be unbalanced, e.g was Prof Ridd's questioning global warming or was he questioning actual damage and condition of the (whole) GBR?
I think the Ridd point of contention was about coral, not about CO2 emissions.

Anyway, from my point of view coral is thriving in some areas while other areas have damaged or dead coral.
Also, where some reef was previously all covered with healthy coral, now there can be considerable dead coral among the living coral.

One thing is certain, damaged and dead coral is becoming more apparent in the SW Pacific and worldwide, and evidence of substance on hand indicates the cause is nutrient pollution feeding algae leading to hypoxia in small and bigger dead zones, including ocean dead zones.
I think lack of oxygen due to over abundance of algae sometimes in pockets or sometimes from a bloom over part of a reef, is killing the coral's own zooanthellae algae, causing it to be expelled, sometimes then leading to 'coral bleaching'.

Physics and marine biology and other appropriate fields of science must urgently team together toward proper solutions. Viable business and employment generating solutions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-16/jcu-scientist-peter-ridd-sacking-unlawful-federal-court-judgment/11021554

http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/sacking-of-james-cook-university-professor-was-unlawful-court-rules-20190416-p51etz.html
Posted by JF Aus, Wednesday, 17 April 2019 7:12:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 13
  9. 14
  10. 15
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy