The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Captain getup v get up

Captain getup v get up

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. All
Belly,
My gut feeling is that Shorten will be so humiliated that he wished a hole would open up in front of him & swallow him.
What's your prediction ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 6:53:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
“Seriously,
who in their right mind would vote Bill shorten in?”

Nobody in their right mind would vote for Bill Shorten; nor would they vote for Scott Morrison. But you don't have to be in your 'right mind’ to vote in Australia because voting is compulsory, so any idiot gets a say, whether they want it or not. Compulsion is not a good way get thoughtful, sensible voting.

I have neither heard nor seen anything that will see me casting a formal vote in the lower house. I still intend to vote only in the senate in the hope of helping to create a brake on whichever gang of buffoons forms a government.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:07:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly,

"How silly are we voters?"

Some are silly enough to donate to GetUp.
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 10:17:22 AM
Indy HONESTY matters, it should be over, Labor should be back in the stable counting its seats won
Liberals in that place I have predicted from my return, trying to work out how they can again become the Liberal Liberal party
BUT it is not over, not much more than 70 percent of voters give first preference to one of the big two
That number will shrink further
It will you know, if you sold fruit outside on the street, and every one walked by without buying?
Both parties, the very middle of politics, must address the things that drove near 30 percent of voters away
It remains clear a slip of the tongue, from either side, could swing it
Here however is my prediction, a Labor Victory/Government, narrower than some think, majority
Harsh Senate
Shorten, within 3 months of taking over will be liked and trusted by half of us, he may get to 55 percent
Then? the coming GFC it is coming, he will need to govern with *great care* Labor can never again, * spend too much* to stop a recession
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 12:55:40 PM
Belly,
WTF is the Captain?

___________________________________________________________________________________

>who in their right mind would vote Bill shorten in?
People who understand that you can't reliably predict the effects of actions by viewing them in isolation!

The building industry would take a small hit from Shorten's tax changes if viewed in isolation, but if combined with an interest rate cut, it would probably end up better than the status quo.

Similarly, the tax break cuts would in isolation be very damaging to the economy in the current phase of the economic cycle, but the economic stimulus from the planned spending increases would cancel that out.

BTW nearly all of our government spending goes into the Australian economy, the exception being the small proportion that's spent overseas. This has nothing to do with whether it's wasted; that depends on the usefulness of what they spend it on, but even useless spending goes into the economy.
Posted by Aidan, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 12:59:58 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
There's every chance that Shorten could get in but, how long before he's kicked out unceremoniously by the feminist power brokers in the Left ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 16 April 2019 1:13:45 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 23
  9. 24
  10. 25
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy