The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Israel Folau

Israel Folau

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All
So now....SteeleRedux thinks the age old proven system of reprisal, is a great idea worth defending on moral grounds...
Welllll....so do I actually.

Dan.
Posted by diver dan, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:09:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
SM,

Here's the "competent" judge involved in the JCU
case:

http://www.afr.com/business/legal/could-salvatore-vasta-be-australias-worst-judge-20190225-h1bp1k

I'm sure that the tribunal hearing for Rugby Australia will
do a better job - having more than just one person on the
panel. Also I hope that JCU does appeal.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 11:56:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I can't wait to see IF's barristers tearing RA a new one. It's time for this fawning virtue signalling to end.
Shadow Minister,
Do the ABC/SBS first & then RA !
Posted by individual, Monday, 22 April 2019 12:41:13 PM
On what legal grounds?

However, it seems that Judge Salvatore Vasta who made
a judgement on the Peter Ridd cas and James Cook University
faces the prospect of a parliamentary inquiry on his
fitness to remain on the bench with the Law Council
saying it was considering action after a series of
"troubling"judgements.

It will be interesting to see what the tribunal hearing
finds in the Folau case.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 April 2019 1:45:29 PM
Foxy,

What I find troubling is your double standards. First you declare the jury decision in Pell trial sacrosanct in spite of a series of jury decisions being recently successfully appealed, and there being several questions as to the process and evidence even by left wing newspapers, yet you are happy to call into question the verdict of a judge on the basis of a single newspaper column?

If you read the judgement

http://www7.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/viewdoc/au/cases/cth/FCCA/2019/997.html

The basis of the judgement is very clear and simple.

There are two documents in this dispute,
1 - The Enterprise agreement that governs the employment of all university staff and in particular clause 14 which deals with intellectual freedom, and ,
2 - the code of conduct

Every single point that PR has been disciplined on is where these two documents conflict.

Since in court the University has had to agree that the EA takes precedence, they have no grounds for dismissing PR.
Posted by Shadow Minister, Wednesday, 24 April 2019 9:49:15 AM
Shadow Minister,

Perhaps the following link might help:

http://www.desmogblog.com/2019/04/18/judge-peter-ridd-james-cook-trial-not-climate-science-freedom-speech
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 24 April 2019 10:18:22 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. 20
  9. Page 21
  10. 22
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy