The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Israel Folau

Israel Folau

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All
Just who the hell do they think they are.

Here we have a professional game, played mostly by a bunch of thugs, with an organising group who think they are god. I had to check which of the football codes the man played, I'm that interested but I am very interested in the organisation believing they have some right to intrude into the personal life & beliefs of a player, thug or not.

From his reported tweets Israel Folau is a moral man, worth a dozen of his fellow players. He is entitled to voice his moral opinion where ever he likes, & no employer has a right to interfere.

It is time to tell the people who control these sports they are not god. I hope Israel Folau sues their pants off for interfering in his rights.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 12 April 2019 11:01:38 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Some good questions, and if you read this post and agree with Hasbeen you might be interested in signing this petition https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-don-t-discriminate-against-israel-folau
Posted by GrahamY, Friday, 12 April 2019 2:35:35 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yep every bible believing Christian, every Koran believing muslim and many Hindus banned from playing football? I doubt it. Just Israel because of the hatred of Christophobes and those who reject eternal life. The true haters have shown themselves.

thanks Graham. Have signed the petition and made a small donation.
Posted by runner, Friday, 12 April 2019 2:53:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Israel Folau's right to freedom of speech should
be respected - but airing his views also comes
with consequences given he represents a commercial
entity - Rugby Australia.

His language was in bad taste and it should be
criticised, especially as he is popular and
influential to younger fans.

But to sack him? That's too heavy a punishment.

What would make an appropriate punishment? -
(as suggested by someone on the web) - give him some
community service coaching a gay rugby team
(such as Sydney based - Convicts).

That would be a project with the potential
to produce a decent redemption story that would be
more meaningful than anything else. And, what's to say
that Folau's eyes can't be opened and he can change
his views?

After all God works in mysterious ways - doesn't He?
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 12 April 2019 4:03:31 PM
'His language was in bad taste and it should be
criticised, especially as he is popular and
influential to younger fans.;

what Foxy, his appeal for people to turn from their sin and receive eternal life. Yeah very 'bad taste'. Had he been rejoicing in the fact that people rejecting Christ are going to hell you might have a point. THe Christophobes are out in force.
Posted by runner, Friday, 12 April 2019 4:14:52 PM
Already in print defending this man
As is his right, he thinks he is working in the service of his God
Had he in fact [as I do] insulted that belief he would be protected by? free speech
Never, not ever,let PC control the right to free speech, will find the place to put my name in his defense
Posted by Belly, Friday, 12 April 2019 4:21:15 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 20
  8. 21
  9. 22
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy