The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should This Politician Resign?

Should This Politician Resign?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All
runner I understand your strong stance on abortion. As a pacifists I extend that morality even further to acts of war, capital punishment, state sanctioned murder in my book. Yet I support euthanasia as being a benevolent act in certain circumstances. My bottom line is all life is precious and worth preserving. I recognise in some circumstance the destruction of human life can be, and is, necessary. Reasonable self defence which leads to a tragedy, terrible as it is, but it can be unavoidable at times.

In the extreme circumstance of mortal danger to the mother, abortion can be necessary. As for women who seek an abortion, I don't simply want to throw stones at them, I want compassion shown, counselling, help of all kinds extended. Giving up the new born for easy adoption should be an option. Unfortunately there are no winners in all this, just losers.

Support for abortion is across party lines, I would much prefer open debate on all moral issues rather than wanting to shut people down with opposing opinions.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:12:53 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Chris, the one I once loved and lived for was not a bigot runner
I despise those so called Christians who are
They insult their God
And in doing so drive more away from the faith
This man the thread is about should find no refuge after he behaved badly
But linking those who oppose him to baby murderers questions you,
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:39:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul1405,
There you go again sprouting your pseudo intellectual nonsense. I have no bitterness towards the public service, I simply want them to the work they're getting rather handsomely rewarded for but don't !
Spot being a git a grow some decency, there's nothing decent about defending non-performers.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:20:10 AM
Indy,

Simply back up your claim about the 95% of public servents, your figure not mine, and then I'll give some credence to your as yet unsubstantiated assertion. Which I suspect you can't, so I'll call it for what it is, piss and wind, nothing more.

The balls in your court.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 7:50:26 AM
Paul1405,
# Centrelink, run by you guessed it !
# look at the state of the nation run by ? Yep!
# Legal system, yep !
# education, ditto !
# Health ditto !
# in fact the whole sad mess is run by ? Public Servants ! there you go.
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:02:36 AM
Paul1405,
Judging by your defensive stance my guess is you're on too ! Are you worth the money we pay you ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 9:04:03 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 13
  10. 14
  11. 15
  12. All