The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Suggestions

Suggestions

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Philip S.,

Again with the slurs.

I only put myself first because I'm the one giving
my opinion here. Goodness me. Give it a rest you nasty
old coot! You're beginning to piss me off big time!
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 4 February 2019 12:17:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I was hoping to get suggestions for what people believe is important for the benefit of all.
My personal suggestions are laying the foundation for an eventual national service, a tax rate that encourages people to spend more as an economic stimulus, less generous public service salaries, more focus on victims of crime & bureaucracy, demand accountability from public servants, particularly in Centrelink, stop fleecing us for assets that are in fact liabilities etc.
Let's see if any of those larger Independents can come up with at least some answers.
Posted by individual, Monday, 4 February 2019 12:47:45 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Individual,

I agree with most of what you say, except for national service, and a different tax regime. Military type national service is fine in times of emergency, but at no other time. The military structure is for professionals to be constantly in training for the defence of Australia. Conscription into civilian duties would only bring resentment, which is understandable.

Taxation is fine as it is. People just need to pay it.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 4 February 2019 12:59:36 PM
Foxy Quote "Goodness me. Give it a rest you nasty old coot! You're beginning to piss me off big time!"

If this comment by me is enough to set you off something is wrong,
"Interesting putting yourself first."

Here is me thinking we were getting on so well.
Posted by Philip S, Monday, 4 February 2019 1:56:53 PM
ttbn,
>We have a grim choice at the the next election; we have 2 major parties running; one thinks electorate is stupid;
>the other thinks the electorate is a cash cow to fund their hair brained schemes.

More like EACH of them thinks the electorate is stupid AND is a cash cow to fund their harebrained schemes!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 4 February 2019 2:44:24 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy you gave me good advice
I think such threads are best avoided, know both sides are not the same Neither will be perfect
One side is *going to win* my side
It will not be perfect but it will care far more than the rich mans union we call LNP
By that very victory, by people saying no more!
That party the LNP will be reborn
see you in another thread
IF the abuse continues total retaliation would only harm OLO.
Not worth it
Posted by Belly, Monday, 4 February 2019 3:12:38 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
  9. 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy