The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > the Mathematics of Australian politics

the Mathematics of Australian politics

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All
Obviously fringe dwellers like the Greens like preferential voting as it is the only thing they have going for them

With it they can become the tail that wags the dog to some extent by hawking their preference to the highest bidder. This is nothing but corruption on a grand scale, where a small minority gain power illegitimately over the majority.

It is a totally corrupt system which should never been allowed in a democracy.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 11 February 2019 9:52:30 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hassie,

Where would the Liberal Party be without the Nationals?
Should Coalitions be allowed?
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 11 February 2019 12:32:59 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy I think Hasbeen would not think that fair
As we age some get even more grumpy, my view on Australian Conservatives and one nation are while well thought out not a reaction to my age or biases
Reality has a roll to play but not always seen here post election loss it will be clear the right of this government has helped defeat the government
Posted by Belly, Monday, 11 February 2019 3:43:38 PM
Steady on there Foxy, your'e talking about the good guys, of course Hassy will agree with coalitions, for the good guys.

Hasbeen, have you been able to find a peace loving party to vote for? One that supports your peace loving idea of the nuclear annihilation of 200 million innocent men, women and children in Pakistan. You said it!
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 11 February 2019 3:46:44 PM
No use trying to get balanced comment out of some
And in fact if Pakistan said that about us?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 11 February 2019 5:46:26 PM
Need to expand on my last post
See some views here, if made public, would see even more voters flee the LNP
It remains true voters do not want a purely left or right government
Putting our hands over our ears or eyes and shouting I can not hear/see you is not going to change that
The fact is as we age we some at least, get further from just what others are thinking
In leaving our bias in the bucket at the door we may just see and hear that unpleasant thing, truth
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 12 February 2019 5:45:38 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. Page 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy