The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Smoking For Australia And Blackmarket Spivs

Smoking For Australia And Blackmarket Spivs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
AC,

Sorry. I missed the question. I can't remember exactly, but it was in an article I read, possibly The Spectator.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 February 2019 3:08:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Senator said it was $8 billion in 2014, so the increase to $11.5 billion over 4 years would be about right.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 February 2019 3:13:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

I gave up smoking a few times and the last time was when a mate took me with him to Sydney Uni to have a couple of pistols x-rayed.
I asked the x-ray bloke if it was OK to smoke and he said he'd rather that I didn't.

Just before we left he shewed me a bottled smoker's lungs.

I had 2 ounces of Capstan Fine Cut in my tobacco tin and I carried it around till it turned to dust.

Shock treatment worked on me!!
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 2 February 2019 5:37:16 PM
AC,

Here's the link you're after:

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/an-australian-senator-has-just-thanked-smokers-for-their-8-billion-staggering-generosity-to-the-economy-2014-10
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 2 February 2019 7:04:01 PM
Foxy,
As our resident Link champion, would you be able to find something on how much tax the Govt gets out of drug abusers ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 2 February 2019 9:49:41 PM
Forgot to add, how much does Govt get from the sale of drug dealers assets ?
Posted by individual, Saturday, 2 February 2019 9:51:13 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy