The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Smoking For Australia And Blackmarket Spivs

Smoking For Australia And Blackmarket Spivs

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
Foxy,

You have the advantage of me. I'm not aware that “ About seven people a day are being approved for medical cannabis”. Nor do I know whether it is actually working. There is often a gap between what people say and reality.

Your '$18,000 million industry' pretty much sums up that the focus is on money rather than medical intervention. I am all for anything to help people suffering, but I've been around too long not to know what the prime movers for new, you beaut, magical cures are.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 February 2019 11:22:40 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ttbn,

You should read the link I gave earlier.
It gives you all the information that I
have - and the report on which this information
is based. Worth a read.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 2 February 2019 12:16:06 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
And I should believe the Murdoch press? You don't as a rule.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 February 2019 12:38:34 PM
ttbn,

The information given was based on a report. The Murdoch press just printed it. I use a variety of sources - providing they're
credible.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 2 February 2019 2:06:28 PM
How much of that 81cents is subsidised into the price of nicotine patches or spray if I want to give up?
- Cant be much because they're just as expensive -

Are nicotine patches and spray even GST free?
I bet not.

FACT: The government profit from peoples addictions;
But do nothing tangible to actually help people give up.

Do any of you understand just how ethically backwards this system actually is?
You might as well have the PM himself selling crack to primary school kids, the outcome would be less harmful as a whole than regulations that negatively impact the entire nation.

Obviously, it's all about the money.

Hey ttbn,
"Smokers paid the government $11.5 billion dollars last year: 17 times the 'burden’ some bureaucrat says they impose on the health system."

I remember Leyonhjelm made that claim some time back as well but I never found a source for it.
Do you know if there is one?
Posted by Armchair Critic, Saturday, 2 February 2019 2:11:21 PM
Nicotine patches, vaping, counselling. There were none of those things when I stopped smoking 25 years ago. You just stopped, started again, then stopped for good- eventually. It took me 2 years to get over never smoking again. It wasn't easy, but I took some pride in doing it on my own, without any cajoling or bullying from the nanny state or 'replacement' drugs and sops. My reason for giving it up: I hated paying the ever increasing tariffs to the bloody government. Health? Couldn't have cared less about that.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 2 February 2019 3:04:30 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy