The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > China going brown.

China going brown.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All
The world is waking up to the stupidity of "GREEN" garbage.

Even china is sick of the rubbish, it only got involved to push their windmills & batteries anyway. From various reports.

"China: No More Wind Or Solar If It Can't Beat Coal On Price"
"China Flexes Shale Muscles Output Increases 40%".
"China’s Electric Car Companies Slump Amid Reports Of Subsidy Cuts".

So as usual all this green stuff is a total flop, the moment you remove the ill begotten subsidies from their marketing.

Perhaps green corruption & the gravy train are both about to stop.

Could common sense finally return to our world?
Posted by Hasbeen, Saturday, 12 January 2019 12:32:00 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Only 0.7% of China's energy is produced by unreliables. Isn't it 50% unreliables or some such ludicrous figure the Far Left is going for in Australia?
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 14 January 2019 8:55:17 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Hasbeen,

How' it going old cock? Still only reading the headlines like a 5 year old? It certainly looks like it.

Here is the original Forbes article;

http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnparnell/2019/01/10/china-no-wind-or-solar-if-it-aint-as-cheap-as-coal/#2f8e37d63e2f

The reason for the Chinese government continuing to withdraw support for solar was because one of the new 500MW plants set its price below the bench mark for coal. It has really shaken the market up and is welcome news for the ongoing viability of the renewables sector in China.

This was the linked article;
“New Chinese Solar Plant Undercuts Cost Of Coal Power”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnparnell/2018/12/30/new-chinese-solar-plant-undercuts-cost-of-coal-power/#386f4a321182

This was interesting too from the earlier article;

“Officials are understood to have been frustrated at seeing Chinese suppliers and engineering firms building solar projects overseas that delivered electricity at prices far below what was available back home.”

Sure they have grid issues to solve but the future of renewables in China looks very bright. Sorry to burst your bubble old fella, better luck next time.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 14 January 2019 11:14:20 AM
You know Steely, sometimes I think you may actually believe the bulldust you post on here.

I guess anyone who can push the Global Warming scam as hard as you do, must either be on the gravy train, or totally stupid.

Actually I suppose some could be both.
Posted by Hasbeen, Monday, 14 January 2019 11:53:36 AM
Dear Hasbeen,

Pretty simple mate, I believe it because I go and do the research and back it up.

You should try it sometime.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 14 January 2019 11:58:13 AM
I think that's checkmate!

ttbn,
I can't give you any statistics on the reliability of China's electricity supply, but the share of non dispatchable renewables is about five times what you attribute to "unreliables".

And it's rising rapidly!
Posted by Aidan, Monday, 14 January 2019 12:56:18 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy