The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I Support The Racists

I Support The Racists

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. All
//Australia is a British country//

No, Australia is an Australian country.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 14 January 2019 5:01:00 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni, sorry as much as Aussies don't want to believe or accept, but Australia was, shall we say, settled but in reality conquered, by the British.
It may be self regulating, but only with the permission and approval of the British Crown.
Just to put 'paid' to this point, to this day when a new govt is elected, the new PM has to go and ASK the reigning Monarch, permission to run the country, 'on her behalf'.
So as I have said many times Australia still belongs to the British Monarchy.
Or to be more precise; The QUEEN of ENGLAND.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 14 January 2019 9:50:01 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
cont.....

And so it is that Australia IS a British country.
It just happens to be called Australia, those born within are called Australians.
Like any other Commonwealth country.
Until the queen gives her approval for a country to become independent she still 'owns' it.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 14 January 2019 9:54:17 AM
Dear AC,

Stefan Molyneau? Ouch.

Okay I will admit he was a bit of fun when I first came across him. I actually had his app on my iphone 3 for a while, it was that long ago.

You claim; “The video author studied philosophy”. No he didn't. He has a qualification in History but nothing in philosophy.

But not only does the man have serious father issues he gets so bloody repetitive, and defensive about white males. He has no formal training as a philosopher and would so often spout stuff without giving sources that I gave up and went and found other sites for a rightwing take of things. Ultimately Molyneau really is a lightweight compared to other rightwing pundits out there so I'm not readily inclined to sit through over 2 hours of his banter. I will wait for your summary when you do the chore.

However I've clicked through to see some of his stills and it looks like he is yet again banging on about population. Here was one that obviously shocked you and his other viewers to the core;

“17.3% of the Irish population were listed as foreign-born in the 2016 census.” Oh my God! The terror, the terror!

The thing is that Australia was over that mark in 1966 and we have never looked back (though we might have been a little more circumspect with ALRAV's dad. He sounds about as grateful as his son). It sits at 28% as of the last census. Is that too high? In my opinion yes but nothing I'm going to call for a revolution over.

Molyneau is just doing the typical populist shtick, blowing things out well of proportion, creating fear and distress to earn more advertising revenue from his channel.

Actually his is very much your man isn't he.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Monday, 14 January 2019 10:38:04 AM
Steeley, I don't ever remember mentioning my father in all my recant,s.
At least not in any form of dis-approval of this country.
NO my friend, you've got that all wrong.
Firstly my parents left well after the war, 1949, I was born 1950.
They left Italy because of the politics and the factions and public undercurrents.
NO my father, sorry, parents were the most grateful and thankful for having come here.
Your gripe is with me.
My parents lived in a different world than we do today.
Back then it was a marvel of opportunities, if you were prepared to work.
There is no point in being prepared to work if there are no jobs.
And so it was that father began with picks and shovels, as that was the work available at the time.
Bloody hard and devastatingly hot work, not just in the city but up North as well.
All along always sprouting songs of praise for this ungrateful sh!thole and it's ungrateful people.
He did well, and definitely not because of any help from the govt or the public for that matter, and still no complaints.
He was too focused on his responsibilities as husband, father and provider.
Me on the other hand, have been able to stand back and take stock, and have found this country, from govt to people, to be wanting.
The reason I don't include myself in any examples I give about Australia or Aussies is that I know I'm different because I can see the difference all around me.
Basically Aussies are deluded, and up 'em-selves'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Monday, 14 January 2019 11:04:39 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/let-s-hope-fraser-anning-soon-returns-to-the-obscurity-he-deserves-20190111-p50qu0.html
Challenge
Read the link
Quite another side to the story
Ask your self could it be my views are very much minority ones?
Posted by Belly, Monday, 14 January 2019 2:13:28 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. 26
  11. 27
  12. All