The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > History, so much to understand

History, so much to understand

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All
- Me personally I support US troops being withdrawn being taken out of Syria.
They should never have been there in the first place, I've said this from day 1 - there was no UN mandate and no declaration of war by US congress.
The US State department has been involving itself in too many unjustified wars without going to congress to sanction it.

Syria Plan A
The US was never really fighting ISIS anyway, they helped create them, and were using them as a proxy army to remove Assad.
Proof of this is that despite US forces being in Syria for around 18mths, ISIS oil convoys were moving freely until Russia entered into the conflict.

Syria Plan B
Supporting the Kurds to fight ISIS, was simply taking the ISIS oil assets funding the war away from ISIS and giving it to the Kurds; in any case it prevents Assad from regaining it and partitions Syria, and having the Kurds claim independence helps prevent the Shia cresent and increased Iranian influence; and is in line with Israels long term strategy.

Hey Loudmouth,
"So Trump is abandoning the Kurds to Erdogan's army. The Kurds, who did so much of the fighting against ISIS..."

The Kurd's were only really being used for a purpose.
Russia and Assad would taken care of ISIS themselves but coalition forces did not want Assad to regain his territory.

"I wonder if Mueller has any reason to investigate Trump's business dealings with Turkey."

It was Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn who was lobbying for Turkey (and who also failed to register as a foreign agent under FARA);
- He was trying to get the US to hand over Fethullah Gulen in relation to the CIA sponsored Turkish coup.

I'm actually pleased with Trumpy this week, he's started acting like the Commander in Chief, and fighting for the things he campaigned on.
We'll see how long it lasts.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Monday, 24 December 2018 9:46:22 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
AC leaving the country may in fact leave Russia more powerful
Just maybe Putin has some thing on Trump
Posted by Belly, Monday, 24 December 2018 11:23:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The Middle East will always be a basket case, US troops or not. Trump sees the futility & he's not doing "something" about like all the previous, his doing is pulling the troops out.
The Middle East crisis can't be solved with force, only with out-breeding the inbred. That will take a very long time & millions more dead children. Courtesy of religion.
Posted by individual, Monday, 24 December 2018 5:50:43 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy