The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electricity bill concessions.

Electricity bill concessions.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All
Just a little warning for anyone who has, or is thinking of changing their electricity supplier.

I changed supplier 4 months ago, & have received my first bill from the new supplier. I am very pleased at the dramatic reduction in my electricity charges, but noticed that my pensioner concession discount was not applied.

The supplier advised me these concessions do not transfer between suppliers, & have to be re-established with any new supplier. The concession in Qld is about $70 a quarter, so worth having.

So to any oldies, if recently changed electricity supplier, make sure you establish your eligibility for any age or disability concession you are entitled to with your new supplier. It only applies after you have established your eligibility, so do it soon.
Posted by Hasbeen, Thursday, 13 December 2018 5:05:03 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
This shopping around for better electricity deals is an illusion. Something the busies tell us to do to make it look as if they care and want to help us out. After three investigations into everything, including ALL charges, not just the you beaut discounts, I've decided to stick with AGL. I have never paid anywhere near the average quarterly charges that are shown on comparison sites. And I've seen too many people complaining that costs have risen after the initial agreement with the supposedly better retailer. And, you have to go through the bulldust of reclaiming your pensioner concession. Too much stress for this old fogie. It's all too good to be true. Ignore the discounts. Check the kwph charge.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 14 December 2018 9:03:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hasbeen I got mine, and the best deal ever
True meaningful cuts to price
May try threatening to leave, worked for me
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 December 2018 10:34:29 AM
My current bill is less than half for the same period last year, & that's without the concession. We have used more air conditioning, this year as the hot spell came in earlier than last year.

AGL is the one planning on shutting down a coal fired powerhouse, because they get more money for their wind power. I would not do business with them no matter what the price. They are throwing the sprat to catch the mackerel, watch your back.
Posted by Hasbeen, Friday, 14 December 2018 12:43:46 PM
Has the cost per kWH been reduced? Has the supply charge per day been reduced? What were these charges previously, and what are they now?
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 14 December 2018 3:06:11 PM
if the bill is cut in half why the question, how can it matter?
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 December 2018 4:18:21 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy