The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Craig Kelly is he worth it?

Craig Kelly is he worth it?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12
  13. All
Foxy wise and true, but they have zero chance of winning the next election
Some posters exist who can debate, even offer thoughts on what needs to be done
We rarely see them
It was my intention in several threads, to bring them out to debate
All I saw are those Conservatives who refuse to even agree there is another Liberal party in this one struggling to get out
Time will bring that debate on, after the lemming march has taken place
Posted by Belly, Friday, 14 December 2018 4:16:50 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Belly,

If the Liberal Party continues to support the
"old guard," like Craig Kelly, Kevin Andrews,
and Abbott and Co and not allow preselection
choices. Nothing is going to change. It's time
the Party woke up to what's killing them. These
die-hards have nowhere else to go, they're got
nothing to offer and are hanging on for dear life
taking the party down with them (where else would
they go?) The party badly needs some new blood.
Kick these blokes out. They're wrecking the party.
Perhaps the voters will do it for them at the
next election - where it will be too late to
salvage anything.
Posted by Foxy, Friday, 14 December 2018 6:47:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly- With respect the Liberal Party is a fairly pragmatic bunch. I have confidence they will be able to adapt to the needs of the Conservative vs Liberal sides. This has been simmering for a while. With this re-adjustment there will be some gain of new supporters and perhaps some loss of old ones.

All parties have different internal views. The Socially Liberal parties such as the Labor and Greens Parties seem to have many more factions, some of which are sometimes repressed. Once in a while these bubble to the surface.

"small l"- Liberals believe in the free market- "unseen hand"
"big L"- Conservatives believe that responsible use of boundaries allow the community to manage itself.

It's said that the "business parties" (Economic Liberals and Conservatives) around the world generally support small less complex government.

Conservatives want Australian's to be safe from those that want to destroy all boundaries.
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 15 December 2018 2:20:12 AM
Canem Malum with respect,the very real and troubling thing is there is a war within the LNP
Not just it parementry members but its branches
Maybe I am wrong, but you will need to prove it to me, the fight includes the voters who are Liberal
Wentworth, what do you make of it? was it only an expression of unhappiness with Turnbulls dumping
Or was it at least in part a small l revolt
Can you, from your point of view, assure me the party members and Australian voters want a true conservative Liberals
If you can explain the the current polling 45/55
Liberals who intend to vote Labor must be in that number, it could never be that high without them
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 15 December 2018 4:58:23 AM
Dear Belly,

I think that all Australians want Australia to be
safe, especially from the divisiveness of the
"them" and "us" syndromes - and the small-mindedness
of only recognising "true Aussies" to be those of
the - "British Australian."
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 15 December 2018 11:08:20 AM
CM Foxy both have points that can not be denied but
Yes Labor has factions, one is in control.
But again in the DLP days Diplomatic Labor Party time the split kept Labor out of office
Such a split, while not yet taking place, is on the way
Conservatives have driven the Liberal boat on to the rocks
Only after the coming loss, in NSW and federaly, will they address their internal strife
ScoMo has linked his party to Trump just in time to see both sink in 2019
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 15 December 2018 3:09:06 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. ...
  10. 10
  11. 11
  12. 12