The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Are Preppers all nuts or are they thinking people?

Are Preppers all nuts or are they thinking people?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All
Preppers are people who prepare for the worst and hope to survive, they prepare for the breakdown of society; which they hope won't happen but who knows?

http://www.news.com.au/technology/innovation/aussie-preppers-show-us-their-kits/news-story/b3f6ab1bf2eb9a4ca0b2ed02a0370e1e

A local Preppers' site,
http://australianpreppers.com.au/forum/viewforum.php?f=16&sid=ce0c8e9b1e689f4d956756fe3e5668a0
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 23 October 2018 10:01:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I have never heard them called preppers, but I know who you mean. They might be nuts, or they might be thinking people (aren't we all). But, they are a lot less harmless than many types and, frankly, there are more important things to set our minds to.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 24 October 2018 8:35:06 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The prepper's that I've seen have a lot of interesting ideas about food preservation, water treatment, etc. They believe in self sufficiency which is generally a good thing. Overall perhaps everyone has some ideas that are "nuts"- generally I respect prepper rights to their views. I'm sure there are those that want to discredit them as criminal for their own reasons.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 24 October 2018 10:04:57 AM
I respect them for trying, after all, they are trying to protect their loved ones in what they see as the inevitable collapse of civilisation. I have to agree with them that there is considerable prospect of a collapse happening.

However I think they are wasting their time. No small group is going to be able to protect a living area anywhere accessible by city dwellers. Only an island, far enough away to be out of paddle range could offer any sort of security, without a defence force too large to be supported by the area defended.

If you had enough of the stuff islanders need, fishing gear & cutting tools mostly, there is a chance you could be welcomed, & allowed to stay.

So my suggestion if you are interested, stock up a yacht, & keep it ready to go, rather than try to build a fortress.

Otherwise enjoy your life to the full, with out too much thought to the future, the greens & lefties are determined to stop you enjoying that if they can. Just make sure that when you go, your last words are not "if only".
Posted by Hasbeen, Wednesday, 24 October 2018 11:39:47 AM
Hi Issy, if its what I have seen on the American TV show 'Doomsday Preppers', they certainly have their fair share of wacko's and loonies. It begs the question would you really want to survive and exist in a society post WWIII? I can't imagine what horrors would beset the survivors of nuclear devastation, but there are things worse than death, and that is probably one of them, regarless of how many cans of baked beans you've got.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 26 October 2018 4:56:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy