The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Activists More Interested Own Feelings Than In Preventing Child Abuse

Activists More Interested Own Feelings Than In Preventing Child Abuse

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. All
Round up all the trouble makers and put them in the Army- teach them discipline and self reliance then put them back where they came from after 12 months. Put their children in boarding school.
Posted by Canem Malum, Wednesday, 3 October 2018 11:59:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Joe and Philip S.,

Thank You both for your insights.

This is all too complicated for me.

More questions than answers. I'm going to have to do
far more research on the topic. It's just too complex
for me at the moment. I've got too much on my plate
right now.

Again, Thank You for taking the time to respond.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 4 October 2018 10:48:27 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy you won't like this one, just saw it.

It does raise a number of questions.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-04/cdp-community-development-program-region-penalties-map/10329118

Indigenous communities slapped with more fines under Government work-for-the-dole scheme, data shows

Disturbing new data reveals the impact Australia's flagship remote employment program is having on Indigenous people across the country, prompting claims it is worsening poverty in communities.

Unemployed people in remote areas must take part in the troubled Community Development Program (CDP) to receive welfare payments and can be docked about $50 per day for missing activities.

Region-by-region penalty statistics show places with higher levels of Indigenous participants were issued with more penalties, prompting claims the $275-million-a-year scheme is "racist".

** The first thing that seems strange is how can you fine someone $50 per day when the dole is not even $50 per day? **
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 4 October 2018 11:47:02 AM
Dear Philip S.,

Thank You for the link.

I don't know what's going on there.

It certainly doesn't seem fair.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 4 October 2018 12:21:02 PM
Foxy - It appears in some cases the public servants are going after the easy targets that won't react in a certain manner.

They should be going after druggies, drunks etc make them work or take away the money.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 4 October 2018 4:16:00 PM
Phillip & Foxy,

I suppose it depends simply on whether or not people have breached the conditions under which they are paid welfare payments by the taxpayer. It must be difficult to have to rely more on mining and national park royalties when people still have to pay exorbitant rents of $ 20 - $ 50 every single week.

I suppose one alternative might be to scout around for work, even if it's available away from their 'communities'. You know, like other people in rural and remote areas across Australia have had to do for generations.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 4 October 2018 4:36:59 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. 24
  9. Page 25
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy