The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > A Football less weekend

A Football less weekend

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
What do Victorians do on a weekend without football?

I just got a phone call from, Melbourne and it seems there are thousands walking or driving around aimlessly and not knowing what to do. For many it seems like the end of the world and there is a whole week end with no football.

Wives are telling their husbands " For Gods sake get out of the house, out from under my feet. Go to the pub or something." Those with younger partners are chasing them around the kitchen, Mans got to fill the time in somehow. Wonder if there will be a spike in births in nine months time, after all some girls are just as bewildered and lost as the blokes.

Maybe the media can have a program with suggestions of what to do when there is a weekend without footy. How will some survive and what to talk about next week?
Posted by Banjo, Saturday, 1 September 2018 3:38:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
NRL is my game, but the weekend after the grand final is like death, the next month not much better, one benefit stands out however, in my game we will not have to question all week why game officials can not get it right
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 1 September 2018 4:03:16 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
It's cold and raining in Melbourne this week-end.

I spent much of the day cooking for "Father's Day" tomorrow.

Having the whole family over for lunch.

"If I could write a story
It'd be the Greatest ever told
'Cause I'd write about our fathers
And their great big hearts of gold."

Happy Father's Day to All the Dads out there!
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 September 2018 5:33:41 PM
Well Said Foxy miss my dad still he was 54 when we lost him so long ago, but mums and dads never die while our hearts still beat
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 1 September 2018 6:17:46 PM
A Footballless weekend---UTOPIA!!
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 1 September 2018 6:33:02 PM
Dear Belly,

I understand how you feel. I miss my father as well.
He died some years back at the age of 52.
Mum passed away just seven months ago. It was her
Birthday on 28th August - (a few days ago)
and I miss her dreadfully.
Posted by Foxy, Saturday, 1 September 2018 6:55:41 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy