The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Claim of Exemption From Australian Law

Claim of Exemption From Australian Law

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All
After being accused of illegal land clearing and carrying out illegal works on a NSW rural property an Islamic leader has claimed immunity from Australian law.

He is, of course, entirely mistaken, but the mindset is of great interest.

http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-18/islamic-leader-accused-of-land-clearing-claims-exempt-from-law/10133930?pfmredir=sm
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 27 August 2018 3:25:12 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//He is, of course, entirely mistaken, but the mindset is of great interest.//

Not particularly, he just sounds like your regular or garden variety idiot who hasn't properly comprehended the regulations governing religious charities. It's possible that English isn't his first language, which would be a mitigating factor. Hell, I struggle with legalese at times.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 8:53:50 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Is Mise Tony is in denial, by calling this guy a garden variety idiot. This guy is not alone in this view of Australian laws.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/terror-recruiters-wife-refused-to-stand-for-judge-nine-times/news-story/4ecf592d35b5848db168dd827e11ab72
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 9:12:53 AM
Why should only Muslims be immune from Australian law? We all should, unless we opt in!
Posted by Yuyutsu, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 9:51:38 AM
All immigrants, including Muslims, treat Australia, our laws, traditions and culture (what's left of it) like sh-t because they are encouraged to do so by our filthy politicians with their filthy policy of multiculturalism. Multiculturalism openly encourages people to do whatever they did in Bongo Bongo land in Australia. Most people don't seem to understand what multiculturalism is, and what it really means, even though its effect has been obvious in all countries that have introduced it. All this wailing and gnashing of teeth when the expected happens is a waste of time, and too bloody late.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 10:48:27 AM
Toni Lavis The following sentence to me would indicate he should have an understanding of the laws and regulations Quote "past postdoctoral fellow at Harvard University"

The council would have given warnings, he is playing the belligerent card then the racist card.
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 11:36:32 AM
I mentioned this a week ago, WHY did the first report ABC online news, say that armed police and police air wing helicopter was needed to protect council workers? if true why are we no longer hearing about that? [is a bias either way, being hiden?] did one of these two TRULY say *he walked on the Christian cross?* if true what reason can be found for not deporting them both? if wrong?the court ruling got it right at least
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 12:34:10 PM
he might be looking for a platform on the abc. They seem to find lawbreaking, western hating individuals to push their feminist/marxist agenda. He just might need to change his view on what the Koran says about women.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 1:46:28 PM
Who is the bureaucrat who signs his welfare checks ? Another muslim or just some okker ?
Posted by individual, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 7:25:21 PM
Belly - I posted this story, Sunday, 19 August 2018 no one seemed to be concerned then.

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8404#263896
Posted by Philip S, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 7:41:05 PM
Philip,

Just went to that link and now I remember reading it, probably it got swamped (or taxed by the following posts).
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 28 August 2018 9:24:52 PM
Issy, this is not new, licenced gun owner Ian Turnbull shot and killed Environmental Officer Glen Turner over illegal land clearing at Turnbull's Moree property. Turnbull was facing prosecutions by OEH in the Land and Environment Court over illegal action, which he continued to do after officially being told to stop. He believed he was being singled out by authorities. Turnbull admitted in court to taking his rifle and firing several shots at Mr Turner. It happened in front of fellow environment officer Robert Strange, who pleaded with Turnbull to let them go, so he could get help for his seriously wounded colleague. Turnbull refused, telling Mr Strange the only way Turner was leaving was in a body bag. Turnbull was sentenced to 35 years in prison, he did us all a favour and carked it in jail not that long ago. One of yours Issy, He Turnbull was, of course, entirely mistaken, but the mindset is of great interest.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 4:24:52 AM
Go and start a thread of your own, on this one we're interested in something that is evolving not something that happened in the recent past.
You really do have a sick fascination with guns and murder.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 5:49:12 AM
SMH this afternoon, story that got me heated and will start bush fires here, a Sudanese, or Somali woman has been charged with over a million dollars fraud in the child care area, one of about sixteen million lost that way, yes blame her even take here citizenship away and deport her,, but ignore at your own risk our government failed to stop it.along with many times that in trade training fraud who runs our government?
Posted by Belly, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 4:28:12 PM
Belly - You get a fail on details and link to article or info.

South Sudanese refugees' childcare scam could fuel African community's 'vilification': judge

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-29/childcare-scam-melbourne-court/10176954

Two refugees from South Sudan who rorted almost $1 million from the Commonwealth in a childcare scam have been jailed, with a judge saying the publicity would add to the "trauma" of a community already subject to "unjustified vilification".

Rosa Riak, who became an Australian citizen in 2006, pleaded guilty to one count of dishonestly causing a loss to the Department of Education and Training.

She was charged as part of an investigation into close to $16 million in false payments to day care providers in Melbourne's west.

The County Court jailed Riak and her son Kuol Deng for four years, while her daughter Achai Deng left court with a good behaviour bond.

Judge Michael McInerney said their fraudulent actions exposed fatal flaws and clear gaps in the Commonwealth childcare system.

MY comment
I remember years ago there was a problem with foreign people with kids giving them to friends to mind while the friend would give there's back and then claim money all they were doing was swapping kids for childcare minding and getting millions of dollars.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 5:28:35 PM
Con't

The next part of the story shows it was absurd,

"The court heard the family's fraudulent scheme targeted the Commonwealth's Grandparent Child Care Benefit, which could pay $1,750 a week per child.

At least $955,438 was paid out in fake claims and the family's company received up to $159,300.

But Judge McInerney stressed that those figures were only the minimum amounts that could be proven.

Deng, who owned a $165,000 Range Rover, was undone by surveillance which showed him asking his mother where he should put $80,000 in cash."

For the Government to give $1,750 per week per child is crazy, very few people would be paying that amount in tax per week so it was a money looser from the start that is just over $84,000 per year.
Posted by Philip S, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 5:38:05 PM
Hi Belly,

I have no truck with those who would break the law, this woman has been an Australian citizen for 12 years. Whenever a person acting unlawfully is identified with a minority, like this woman, those of the rabid right take the opportunity to stigmatize the whole of that community by association. They do it with Aboriginals, they do it with Muslims, they do it with all the minorities they hate. Some even did it with Ivan Milat, an Australian born son of Croatian emigrants.

An inescapable fact, not every native born Australian is law abiding. Not every migrant or visitor to this country is law abiding. In fact no group in society can claim that all of theirs, are all law abiding
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 6:33:53 PM
Probably the only surprise is that the Human Rights Commission did not charge those bringing this theft to light. I mean surely they were racist.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 6:44:13 PM
Paul,

"Whenever a person acting unlawfully is identified with a minority, like this woman, those of the rabid right [left/centre] take the opportunity to stigmatize the whole of that community by association. They do it with Aboriginals, they do it with Muslims, they do it"...with firearms owners.

Glad that you've come around!!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 29 August 2018 11:12:42 PM
There are cultures and people very different than our own. Remember Puneet Puneet hit and run in the Gold Coast- one dead one injured- left Australia under cousins passport and claimed racism when extradition was attempted- last I heard this is still an outstanding issue. There seems to be a thread of people in India for example - they don't believe in paying taxes, they bribe police, they have open sewers, they can step over dead in the street, they can even have someone killed for $100. I've read articles quoting that 50% of government spending in India is lost to corruption. In 2003 half the population of India was under 15. There is about 1.3 billion people in India- for Australians this is an unimaginable number. This environment breeds a different mindset. We have interesting times ahead.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 30 August 2018 12:36:00 AM
Canem Malum - here are the figures for 2017. Seems to have a very low average of older people over 65.

0-14 years: 27.34% (male 186,087,665/female 164,398,204)
15-24 years: 17.9% (male 121,879,786/female 107,583,437)
25-54 years: 41.08% (male 271,744,709/female 254,834,569)
55-64 years: 7.45% (male 47,846,122/female 47,632,532)
65 years and over: 6.24% (male 37,837,801/female 42,091,086) (2017 est.)
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 30 August 2018 1:06:42 AM
G'day Issy,

No need to add the [left/centre], I know the rabid right supports the gun toting gunnies. You couldn't just leave it at them, now could you. Charlton Heston would be most disappointed if you did.

Not so, firearm owners are the majority, at least the right to own a firearm are in the majority. Some minorities, my minority for example, left handed people, tend to suffer little in the way of discrimination from the right or the left, I don't know why. Although I did cop it from Sr Mary, you do remember Sr Mary, during my school days for being left handed. I think she was anti communists so anything left set her off!

One minority group in society that rarely gets a mention, and is richly deserving of the harshest sanctions in my opinion, are goggomobil drivers. They choke our roads in peak hour, spew millions of tons of odious pollution into the atmosphere daily, steal all the parking spaces in the shopping centers, and wont pay their fines. And according to my mate Norm, hundreds of them try to run him over when he's staggering down the middle of the road at 2am drunk. Why aren't goggomobil drives copping well deserved criticism like other minorities? Probably have political friends in high places no doubt!
I must say the silent majority fully agree with me about this scourge of society, goggomobil drives, and they demand action. I intended to form a far right political party to deal with the menace. The AGP (Anti Goggomobil Party) is on the move. At the next election we intend to stand candidates in all 150 seats, and a full ticket for the Senate. I personally will be ousting the PM, who ever he may be at the time. I have already stitched up a preference deal with the Fairy Floss Party, and that should ensure the AGP winning a majority and forming government.
Issy, can I count you in?
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 30 August 2018 5:18:43 AM
In my view that woman is in the wrong country, but that can be said about thousands of us ,my posting the story had two reasons, to *highlight* such things are being done, costing us millions, by migrants and our own, WHY is the government constantly getting caught with its pants down?
Now yes it is true, *some of us, blindly* leap to her defense because she is who she is! that type of stupidity, and it is stupid, breeds the racist hate we see all too often, she is a criminal, nothing else matters, unless it is how did she even get the chance to do this
Posted by Belly, Thursday, 30 August 2018 7:54:05 AM
To Philip S- Thanks for your information.
Posted by Canem Malum, Thursday, 30 August 2018 9:26:27 AM
Paul1405 Quote "Whenever a person acting unlawfully is identified with a minority, like this woman, those of the rabid right [left/centre] take the opportunity to stigmatize the whole of that community by association"

In this case you are partially wrong the figure of $6.2 million over a four-month period in 2015 At one point the scam was raking in about $880,000 a fortnight.

The mother and son kept almost $1 million, while the rest went to other carers who were in on the scam.

Once the auditors came in, Riak and Deng shut the business down and bought another.

Would you like to guess who the other carers were members of the Sudanese community got $5.2 million that is a lot of crooks.

2 years will put them in line for deportation unless the luvy duvy Labor is in power in 2 years.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 30 August 2018 7:22:57 PM
News report; A white Caucasian fifth generation Australian male has been charged with raping a woman in Maroubra. Just can't trust fifth generation Australian males, they all will rape your daughters. Deportation back to mother England is the only solution.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 30 August 2018 8:58:59 PM
Paul1405 resorting to sarcasm when you have no valid rebuttal.
Posted by Philip S, Thursday, 30 August 2018 10:13:37 PM
Philip S, what is your point of continually refering to the place of birth of these people, in this case Sudan.

The bottom line with me is; If an Australian citizen commits a serious crime, including Australian citizens born in Sudan, then they do the crime, they do the time. If a non citizen commits a serious crime, then they do the crime, they do the time, plus at the end of it, they are considered for deportation.
That has no bearing on their neighbours, friends or family, who also may have been born in the same country as them. They are not locked up, they are not deported on mass. New arrivals from that country are still welcome, and should be treated fairly like the rest of us.

Phil what's your bottom line.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 31 August 2018 6:13:25 AM
I think, those of us who can see the difference between ignorance, arrogance and aggression, are taking the most efficient option, which is also the most shocking one and hopefully sends a message to everyone who feels they can do whatever they feel without repercussions.
The point I have made previously is that these miscreants ARE known to others within their community, yet THEY choose to remain silent.
Therefore at their own peril.
This is just one reason why we include ALL the race/creed/breed of the baddy as if guilty of the same crimes.
I don't want to say ALL Muslims are bad, but because I don't know who the bad ones are, do I blindly accept them all or do I display some caution and reservation?
It is not a comfortable state of mind to be wary of anything, all the time.
It is debilitating emotionally to have to be 'on guard' 24/7, if that is the way you are wired.
Such people do actually live in fear of these people because of the 'unknown'.
So let's not trivialise these fears being explained here.
They apply to some people right here, right now.
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 31 August 2018 11:54:00 AM
This woman can not be defended, not because she is from a faith/country group she can not be defended because she is a criminal thief who insulted us after we gave her a home, ,to defend her, in any way because of faith race group is silly, she is on trial for crime nothing else
Posted by Belly, Friday, 31 August 2018 12:37:18 PM
Paul,

Nice squirm.
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 31 August 2018 12:55:29 PM
Issy, wake up sunshine, there is no squirm on my part. I believe the person is rightly to be prosecuted as a criminal, not as a Sudanese or a Muslim, or as a woman. The racists here, and there are several, want the woman prosecuted on two levels, for the criminal offence, and for her ethnicity.
Not content with wanting the woman prosecuted on two levels. They want the whole Sudanese community prosecuted for the offence of not being dinky-di Aussie enough for them. Are you putting yourself in the same boat as these red necked racists?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 31 August 2018 3:15:30 PM
had a friend a few years ago who had a gambling problem. She stole around 30,000 from her employer and splashed up at the Casino etc. Ended up with 3 years gaol with no prior convictions. Now lets see,280000 compared with a million or so. Hmm! Must stop discriminating against those of a different colour.
Posted by runner, Friday, 31 August 2018 3:52:37 PM
sorry 28000 not 280000
Posted by runner, Friday, 31 August 2018 3:53:31 PM
Paul,

"Not so, firearm owners are the majority, at least the right to own a firearm are in the majority."

Wonders will never cease, you've been telling us that firearms owners are a minority group for ages; glad to see that you now agree that there is a right to own firearms and that as this class is in the majority; what a marvellous turn around!!
Posted by Is Mise, Friday, 31 August 2018 9:38:25 PM
Belly,
Surely putting her on trial requires her to be defended?

__________________________________________________________________________________

runner,
AIUI those offences are not directly comparable under the law; embezzlement is regarded as a more serious crime.
Posted by Aidan, Friday, 31 August 2018 9:49:29 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
yes Aiden the legal fraternity make up much of the swamp.
Posted by runner, Friday, 31 August 2018 10:04:24 PM
It shows integrity that Belly is able to admit that the woman can't be excused for this theft- and admitted that she should be considered for deportation- (I think this should be done now- and save us the money)- and didn't try to chalk it up to intersectionalism.

Some of us have a hypothesis that culture (in this case the Sudanese culture) has an important influence on how likely it is that certain behavior is acceptable to individuals. (It appears that a number of Sudanese people benefited from this fraud.)

As learned behavior is established at different stages of life it can be difficult to dislodge inapproapriate behavior even if the environment changes.

Learned behavior. Basically "most people are the same miserable bastards they always were".

When people come from another culture it is inevitable that they bring this character with them-

if they are in enough numbers they can create a big problem.

Many believe that those from cultures (that are very different from our own) became a big problem a long time ago.

Some of these problems are low level annoyances- not breaking the law but making it very uncomfortable for those interacting with them- the purpose of this is animalistic territorialist expansion- there are problems of organised crime by ethnic gangs- often ethnic groups are on their best behavior until they feel that they have enough power to form a beach-head.

When we allow someone into our country we expect that they will show the same generosity to Australians that we have shown in letting them in- we expect them to behave in a better way-

but "immigrants just want more".

We can't expect immigrants to have the same feelings for our home as we do- we wouldn't want to force them to- but that's why we can't let them in.

As "Sitting Bull" said "If you give up your land- you can't eat money"
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 1 September 2018 2:02:53 AM
Yes there are criminals of British heritage- they are a problem- but they are "our problem". The problems of immigrants should not be our problem. We establish our government so that they can protect us from the chaos outside our borders. This has been compromised because they didn't do their job.

___
But perhaps the reason immigrants were brought into Australia was as "shock troops for the industrialists" to keep down wages (see 457 visas). Some probably think that increasing Australia's population will increase their market size and hence their profit- but new ethnicities have unpredictable buying patterns- and often set up competing businesses to incumbents. The Tax base increases but perhaps not the Tax base per capita- but with more money coming in it can perhaps justify a good raise for the managers. There are economies of scale but not enough to justify the inconveniences.

We need to be more self sufficient- we don't need the world economy if we make everything here- yes there will be sacrifices- but they will be worth it
Posted by Canem Malum, Saturday, 1 September 2018 2:03:49 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. 7
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy