The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Road Trauma and Mobile Phones

Road Trauma and Mobile Phones

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All
Guys, There is nothing to say after hearing those stories.
I believe it makes my point for me.
And that point is;
If you do not have the kind of emotional make up to withstand these kinds of experiences, you should not expose yourself to them.
Or at least the dept Psych. should not have cleared you for that particular type of work, assuming the dept. gives everyone an EQ assessment.
If they don't, then someone stuffed up again or as usual.
Those who set out the terms of reference for these cops, only demonstrated that the dept is flawed from the top down.
It seems that govt depts. all come in with the band-aids after the event.
Yet we are attacked as consumers for wrong doing before the event, or no event at all.
Which is what the law is all about.
Fining or punishing you on the assumption that you 'might' do something wrong.
Of course if you do something wrong well, no comment.
To explain.
If I travel at a speed well in excess of the legal limit.
I arrive at my destination event-less, I can be booked for speeding, yet nothing happened.
Had something happened then I am guilty of causing the thing that happened anyway, speeding or not.
It still does not mitigate the speed.
I could have been travelling within the speed limit, and still have had something happen.
This example clearly highlights my point, that we get fined for doing no 'wrong', but the 'possibility of doing wrong'.
I almost think that the govt should be sued or held accountable in such situations, because they said if you travel at or below this speed you will be safe.
They even call it a 'safe speed'.
There is no doubt in my mind, the law is an ass and it is made on the run as there is no consistency or depth of thought in it's creation.
Only it's implementation.
And we're sick of it.
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 7 July 2018 4:48:23 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
ALTRAV if only! all those years ago in rural but coastal NSW a job was gold, I and I think every road worker at that time, had no other choice, it did not begin on day one, the first may have been several years in to the job,from that first time a little bloke, much loved and a land owner, was seen to be suffering, others never went to a callout, that horrible middle of the night phone call, I because it was known I would not have been on the grog, got them all ,kids to look after and no other choice I stayed, police Ambo, you name it, much the same, *some one has to do it*two Nuns in one car two who had cash lots of it, and drugs in their car, all dead, what if one had a mobile phone in hand?
Posted by Belly, Saturday, 7 July 2018 5:09:44 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Belly, sorry, did you mean the nuns had cash and drugs in their car or have I read it wrong?
And what was the mobile phone about?
How did that fit in to all this?
Posted by ALTRAV, Saturday, 7 July 2018 5:55:41 PM
I heard in some Asian countries, traffic offenders are much easier to get caught. This is because of the heavy surveillance that they have installed on their streets. Almost every other street lamp has a CCTV installed which gets reviewed randomly to spot traffic offenders. Most of the caught offences comprise of speeding as well as mobile phone usage while driving. This type of surveillance system is also useful when analyzing accident situations.
Posted by michaelmaloney, Monday, 16 July 2018 1:04:29 PM
ALTRAV that smash, one of three that fortnight killed two Nuns, from a local convent, and two drug dealers in a wrong side of a straight road head on,police from those dark days, and they are dark past days, never found an explanation for night time head ons on straight roads,phones, and cruise controls, even drivers using one or both falling asleep are the main suspects, now back to your view no one should expose themselves to that? in the end some one must do it, and a road worker who is available to be called to such a site for traffic control and final clean up, like everyone there, has no choice, no driver, ever, has the right to maim and kill because they think it is ok my list could be long our highway earned its highway of death name, but is no longer that road
Posted by Belly, Monday, 16 July 2018 5:00:44 PM
Micheal today NSW has made it a loss of an extra point, making it 5 points and heavy fine and has told us they intend to put cameras that catch drivers using phones on our bridges seems other share my view it kills
Posted by Belly, Tuesday, 17 July 2018 4:00:36 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. 10
  9. Page 11
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy