The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > The simplistic teaching of history

The simplistic teaching of history

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All
https://www.ancient-origins.net/news-general/scotland-neolithic-cairn-destroyed-bird-watchers-0010274

I wonder how many sites are destroyed in this way here in Australia but not reported because it would be anti PC ?
Posted by individual, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 10:04:47 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Individual,

For a start, investigate every outrageous claim: a massacre ? Where ? Investigate it, otherwise bugger off.

Stolen Generation ? Show us your files. My wife had one, so why not other Indigenous people who came to the attention of welfare authorities ?

Stolen Wages ? Check the accounts: did those blokes' families get rations while they were away shearing ? If so, why not deduct the cost - or do people want BOTH rations AND full wages ? Full wages ? Certainly people got full wages down here in SA, so why not elsewhere ? Shearers were and are paid by there hundred anyway, and I can't imagine some dirty deal in which Aboriginal shearers got less per hundred than other shearers - the union wouldn't have stood for it.

People herded onto missions ? Where ? By whom ? Missions usually had skeleton staffs, one or two or a mere handful. Did any mission ever have a human-proof fence around it ? Rubbish.

People pushed off their land ? Where ? Isn't it even more likely that people simply moved from A to B ? Down here in SA, when they did that, the Protector (the one-man 'Department')shifted the ration depot to suit them.

People had no land rights ? Of course they did, more than they realised - i.e. the right to use land as they always had done. In fact, Indigenous people have generally had more rights than they realised -voting rights, etc. And they still do, at least here in SA.

Counted in the Censuses ? Well, there wasn't an 'Indigenous box' until 1971, so how could anybody have been prevented from filling out the Census form ?

And how come nobody mentions the free medical services, at least down here in SA, from there earliest days - almost unique in the world ? Not PC ?

Christ, i get sick of the lies. Bring on a Truth Commission, for god's sake.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Wednesday, 27 June 2018 3:35:55 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. Page 4
  6. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy