The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Mum's Day

Mum's Day

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All
//Toni,

Put up or shut up.//

Well that's definitely the strangest 'put up or shut up' I've ever received. Usually people employing that phrase are demanding evidence to support a controversial claim, rather than trying to outsource their long-term memory.

I have to say that I am honestly perplexed: what is it that you hope to achieve by this feigned inability to recall? Do you think that if you protest ignorance of your past posts long enough and hard enough that we'll all start doubt our own memories and from there begin to question the very basis of our own existence until, in a Philip K. Dickian moment of revelation, we realise that we're just a figment of a greater imagination and disappear in puff of epistemology?

//Toni, give us a break//

Fair enough, that was a cheap shot. My apologies.

//BTW; what lingo do they speak in Brazil?//

My brain says Portuguese, but my heart says waxed vulvas.

As a descriptivist linguist, I would say that they speak a dialect of Portuguese that I think of as 'Brazilian'.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Friday, 18 May 2018 11:59:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//What do you propose to do about car drivers?//

Teach them the road rules, so that they understand there is a time and place for safe driving: everywhere and at all times. Enforce those rules properly: there is no point to unenforced rules. And, whatever you do, don't relax the rules once they start to produce positive results: maintain the pressure, or those results will reverse themselves.

//You could have said, what do you propose to do about bee keepers?//

Keep a close eye on those buggers. Have any of you ever read 'Royal Jelly' by Roald Dahl? Bee keepers... brrr.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Saturday, 19 May 2018 12:32:25 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Toni, you didn't say Spanish, you're still in the game. Ah! have to get up early in the morning to catch you out. Six schooners later, and for a spin of the wheel! What nationality was Saint Patrick?
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 19 May 2018 4:45:57 AM
Another outrageous mass school shooting in the United States. "At least ten people are dead following a shooting at Santa Fe High School outside of Houston, Texas. The shooter, identified as 17-year-old student Dimitrios Pagourtzis, is in custody. The Chronicle reported that his now-defunct Facebook page included photos “of a T-shirt that said ‘born to kill’ and clothes adorned with German nationalist iconography.” Texas Governor Greg Abbott said there are two other “persons of interest,” including one who was detained at the scene of the shooting after police observed “suspicious reactions.”

Again little positive reaction from the powerful US pro gun lobby.
Posted by Paul1405, Saturday, 19 May 2018 6:33:21 AM
Steele,

"The chances of a criminal putting a loaded weapon in the faces of mothers and their children in front of a school and managing to fire a round before the gun jamming is far less bloody likely because of Howard's gun laws.

If there anything about that statement you would like further explained to you then let me know."

Well, yes, I'd like to know what you think about the policewoman shooting the criminal and why such a shooting could not happen under the Howard gun laws.

As far as the gun jamming, I had two malfunctions during the 10- second shoots and both times I managed to clear them and fire the required 6 shots in 10 seconds. Not hard.

What were the chances of Victor Cheng being shot outside Parramatta Police Station?
Was this'...is far less bloody likely because of Howard's gun laws."?
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 19 May 2018 1:05:16 PM
The above should read 'Curtis Cheng'.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 19 May 2018 2:03:25 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. 9
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy