The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Any thoughts on the cheating cricketeers?

Any thoughts on the cheating cricketeers?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
A while back I posted a subject about the Victorian government rorting us for a said sum of about $388000 and it receive little comment as apparently few are interested. Rather disappointing I thought.

Well what about the cheating cricketeers? This has received much press coverge so some may be interested. I presume everyone knows about it.
Posted by Banjo, Friday, 30 March 2018 7:49:39 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I've been thinking about the publicity and the sanctimonious outrage wasted on ball tampering compared with political rorts, Banjo. The shock/horror about the former is still running, while Daniels and other important examples of our crook politicians seem to last no more than day or so. Cheating in sport is of no interest to me; rogue politicians are of great interest.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 3 April 2018 12:24:09 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Joe Hilderbrandes rant on this link is a pretty good reflection on the cheating scandal...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/mark-waugh-offers-spirited-defence-of-balltampering-trio/news-story/e6273b668758d4a8037bbf89ea991650

Enjoy!
Posted by Opinionated2, Tuesday, 3 April 2018 3:54:37 PM
Just a reflection on a corrupt society. Ball tampering is nothing compared to vulgar sledging and arrogance. Just feel sorry for the 3 the sanc timorous press choose to beat up. Imagine the corrupt tax funded abc was held to any true accountability or the Labour /Greens or Liberal party was held to account for flooded this country with muslims against the will of the people.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 3 April 2018 4:04:16 PM
Dear Banjo,

Does winning justify cheating? I was raised with the notion
that the spirit of cricket was about fair play. So what's
happened to that? Perhaps we do need to take a closer look
at today's society and is it breeding a "winning at all
costs" attitude. As one commentator wrote on the web - "In a
world of fake news, politicians who lie, bankers who fleece
customers - why do we still expect athletes to be defenders
of our collective morality?. Sport is a reflection of us."

And in that case, its rather sad isn't it?
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 3 April 2018 4:35:43 PM
The three have just signed a lucrative six figure contract with a leading sandpaper company. Soon, like old Rugby League players and Lowes, you will see Steve Smith on the telly flogging his favorite sandpaper.

"Hi, I'm Steve Smith, want to take the shine off your balls, I use and recommend Bongo sandpaper. You can't get a wicket? A quick rub with Bongo will do the trick!"
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 4 April 2018 7:38:56 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy