The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Electric Vehicles and the Greens

Electric Vehicles and the Greens

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All
Issy, we are still on DS time in NSW, You can't even get the time right. Try 6.21am, I'm usually up before four, an hours walk. At what time does Nursey wake the old folks at your institution, for your daily laxative and bowl of gruel, taken through a straw, due to a lack of you know what?

JayB, say its not true, you don't have another 6 pages of that unadulterated waffle do you? Please say its not true, or at least promise never to post it on the forum for others such as myself, who might inadvertently read it, and therefore waste valuable time that could be used more constructively, like picking our noses, or other parts of our anatomy.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 6:57:56 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Paul,

"Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 6:57:56 PM"

That's the time that comes up on my computer; maybe I should change something?

A bit late in the year now though!!
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 7:21:47 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//Jayb,
I think you've overestimated the amount of CO2 in soft drinks by an order of magnitude.//

Oh well, at least it's better than the 3 orders of magnitude by which he overestimated the world's population:

//Extend that across the Worlds 9,000,000,000,000 people//

9 x 10^12? Jesus, no wonder Dick Smith is so worked up ;)

Still using a slide rule, Jayb? I've been told that order of magnitude errors are really easy to make when using slide rules.

//Aidan: I think you've overestimated the amount of CO2 in soft drinks by an order of magnitude.

That is information I got off the side of a Coke Can.//

No, it isn't. Coke cans don't list CO2 as an ingredient, they list carbonated water - and they don't specify quantities in the ingredient list. The only specified quantities will be found in the nutrition panel, which doesn't include CO2 because it is not traditionally considered to be nourishing for mammals. Are you sure you haven't got carbon dioxide confused with carbohydrates?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 7:36:23 PM
Should JayB's 9,000,000,000,000 trillion billion people all fart at the same time, including JayB himself, give each one will blast out a cubic meter of highly flammable fart gas, except JayB who will pump out 47 cubic meters, on his own, because he is full of it! Should there be a naked flames on top of Mount Fujiyama at that time. The resultant explosion of said gas would see 9,000,000,000,000 trillion billion people, 9,000,000,000,000 trillion billion people, I said that, blasted into the comic wilderness! Except for JayB himself who will continue to orbit somewhere beyond the realm of Pluto.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 9:12:40 PM
TL:Oh well, at least it's better than the 3 orders of magnitude by which he overestimated the world's population:

A billion is a number with two distinct definitions:
1,000,000,000, i.e. one thousand million, or 109 (ten to the ninth power), as defined on the short scale. This is now generally the meaning in both British and American English.[1][2]
1,000,000,000,000, i.e. one million million, or 10^12 (ten to the twelfth power), as defined on the long scale. This is one thousand times larger than the short scale billion, and equivalent to the short scale trillion.
American English always uses the short scale definition but British English has employed both versions.

10^12 when I went to School. I suppose it's what Scale you are using.

Therefore, using the short Scale; 328,725,000 Mt. Still a huge amount.
To me that 900 million, but never mind.

Hey! I know the Greens can used all the money they waste protesting about everything & build huge containers, then they can pull the CO2 from the Atmosphere & store it into the Containers, thereby saving the World. Yea!

Paul1405: say its not true, you don't have another 6 pages of that unadulterated waffle do you?

Yes hears on Politics;
9. When a Budget is presented it must be presented as a one-year increment, not as “$xxx amount over 10 years” as that figure will change in the very next Budget. Most people are not politically savvy enough & mistakenly believe that the Government is spending that amount every year for 10 years. Not forgetting that Party could be out of Government in the next Election.

& one more;
1. Businesses that employ more than 5 women with children must provide Childcare crèches at the workplace free of charge. Happier employees make better workers. A number of Small Business can band together to provide a communal Crèche.
Posted by Jayb, Thursday, 29 March 2018 9:09:52 AM
Are you forming the JB Party, do you have the 500 required members yet? What is your policy on the teaching of mathematics?
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 30 March 2018 6:30:17 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy