The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Who is going to be Australia's next Prime Minister?

Who is going to be Australia's next Prime Minister?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All
rechtub,

"... because short of some serious ass kicking,"

Why pick on the poor donkeys?
Posted by Is Mise, Tuesday, 27 March 2018 12:54:34 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I may live to regret it - but I really can't currently see any
other option than Malcolm Turnbull.

Still I guess anything can happen prior to 2019.

I really don't like Shorten!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 27 March 2018 6:59:48 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Foxy...TY for your kind words...We should be crying...

Our system is so corrupt that we can't trust anyone or anything...

Watch this video if you have the time regarding the tax cuts to the rich in the USA. Exactly the same will happen here with no real benefit to the lower and middle class.

Now if they lowered the taxes to the low income and families the money would IMMEDIATELY benefit the economy because it always flows back up through the economy to their rich mates because they own all the businesses where the money ends up... It's simple stuff!

The only way to change the system is to ban all political donations and make the parties only use the moneys earnt through our system and supplied by us taxpayers to fund their advertising.

The current rate from 1 January 2018 to 30 June 2018 is 270.479 cents per eligible vote.

To get this you have to get at least 4% formal first preference votes.
This should be changed to 0% but the moneys must be held in a trust account and ONLY used on advertising in the next election or repaid to the Electoral commission, to better accommodate small parties and independents.

What happens in the USA and here is simply WRONG!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2zpJuCKCWo

There is a real bonus in only allowing the parties to use the allotted funding...

Less political advertising and lies completely.

No individual handout sheets at polling boths.. Each booth would have your choices pinned to the wall behind glass or plastic...

No more harassment when entering polling booths.

Less buying of votes by people with money.

We can't lose except we still would get a turkey...lmao
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 1:47:01 AM
Dear OP2,

I'm more optimistic about our political system.

Take a look at the recent Batman By-Election. That could
be a template for how to hold inner-city seats.
Pre-select a strong progressive candidate and focus on
local issues like schools, health, and public transport.
Run a smart campaign.

Curb corporate power by new laws abolishing the
primacy of the profit motive by boards of directors.
Ordinary citizens need a decent livelihood.

I don't
think that Mr Turnbull's company tax cuts are going to be held
in high esteem by most voters. And they could have bad
results for him and the party. More time, effort, and
concentration is needed - with more appropriate
policies put into place. Also disunity is death - and that
needs to be fixed within the party.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 1:31:27 PM
Optimism where pollies are concerned is a very brave option...I hope you are correct :)

You will note that the right always attacks the Unions for donating to Labor. What would be the outcome if only businesses and private people were allowed to donate?

Continual Government for the right...It is that simple.

The ONLY solution is to ban all political donations! The American buying of votes system is already well entrenched here I'm afraid.

And who can change the system?

Only pollies... so it will never change!

I am not a political animal because I really hate them all. I sit in the middle because I want to remain rational and not tainted by right or left wing biases.

Most people who are political don't even check the facts these days... They have better tools available to research issues better but still usually debate along party lines.

Recently whilst on a cruise I met some lovely USAian people who were Hillary voters. After allowing them to waffle on against Trump and for Hillary I threw a few spanners into the works regarding Clinton and the Clintons.

Boy did they suddenly become more moderate in their views when I knew much more than they had assumed...lmao

I can't stand the Clintons, or Trump, or the Bushes etc. so we broadened the discussion to cover many things American.

They travel the world and couldn't believe we knew so much about USAian politics.

We really had so much more fun once I silenced the political crap and had lots of laughs.

Politics is corrupt all over the world but I wish you well with your optimism.

I enjoy reading your posts...
Posted by Opinionated2, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 2:20:25 PM
Dear OP2,

We lived and worked in the United States for close to
ten years. I understand your experience with Americans.
I guess, as with many people, you have to be careful
discussing politics - but especially with Americans.
I mean, they have little kids at kinder having to take
the "Pledge of Allegiance" first thing in the morning
before class.

My views aren't set in concrete. That's one of the reasons
I keep coming back to this forum. I do enjoy reading
the various posts. There's such a wide variety of opinions
here - many of whom are challenging, which is not a bad thing.
They have often made me re-think things or at least view
things from a different perspective. Keeps my mind active,
at least, that's what I rationalise.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 28 March 2018 3:04:57 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. Page 6
  8. 7
  9. 8
  10. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy