The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Would you attend an 'Atheist church'?

Would you attend an 'Atheist church'?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All
Loudy... Don't put yourself down...that is my job...lol You have given me a good run for my money plenty of times...lol

I'm not promoting anything....not even atheism. I am just showing the truth...It is that simple. As I have said many times I'm not an Atheist.

I post these posts so that people can see what the Bible actually says. People are so blinded by religions and it is time for people to wake up.

You can't go around saying your are a good person because you believe in God, when you celebrate lies like the Passover, or the flood, or that people who don't believe will rot in hell.

This is just building lie upon lie upon lie.

As Christians believe, because the fairytale book called the Bible, says that people who don't follow Jesus will gnash their teeth in the sulfur lakes of hell for eternity, when hell doesn't even exist - HOW CAN THEY BE GOOD PEOPLE?

John 3:16 Those who believe in him are not condemned; but those who do not believe are condemned already, because they have not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

BUT that isn't true either Jesus also said

Matthew 7:21-23 NOT EVERYONE who says to me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. On that day many will say to me, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many deeds of power in your name?” Then I will declare to them, “I never knew you; go away from me, you evildoers.”

So it is obviously gobbledy goog and most of the Christians I have met...(if the second verse be true)...they won't be going to heaven...lol

Look at the healing ministries...they are laughable!

Do Christians do good things?...Of course they do, but they usually have a hidden agenda behind what they do...They are either trying to convert people or looking out for their own eternal lives so their motives are wrong!

...cont
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 23 February 2018 3:59:30 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
..cont

Most believers fail Do unto others, Turn the other cheek, let he who has not sinned cast the first stone, do not judge, they lie, and on and on they fail Jesus.

Now of course intelligent people know that demons don't exist and what used to be called demons were either brain problems or diseases. So this casting demons out in Jesus' name is also a load of rubbish.

If these believers were really full of faith their belief would cure the world of ALL ILLNESSES, ALL DISABILITIES and ALL SUFFERING but alas they are failures.

John 14:12-14 Very truly I tell you, WHOEVER BELIEVES IN ME will do the works I have been doing, and THEY (You guys) WILL DO EVEN GREATER THINGS THAN THESE, because I am going to the Father.

And WHATSOEVER YE (You believers) SHALL ASK IN MY NAME, THAT I WILL DO, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

If ye (You believers) shall ask ANY THING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT.

So much for the faith and belief they claim to have...lol

Like I said on another thread...

Jesus left one religion and built no buildings and yet look what the believers have done to it...

It has been stated that there are around 37 million churches in the world with 34,000 (Christian) denominations.

Yep they sure follow Jesus...NOT!...lol

According to the Bible Jesus said this is what these people who claim to be followers but aren't were like...

Mark 7:7-9 Their worship is a farce, for they teach man-made ideas as commands from God.

For you ignore God’s law and substitute your own tradition.”

Then he said, You skillfully sidestep God’s law in order to hold on to your own tradition.

I just love Bible study when it is done properly...lol
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 23 February 2018 4:08:32 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Hi Op2,

Have a good look at the Book of Job, and what it says about Satan and God, and their bet that Job can't be turned away from God, no matter what dreadful and pointless disasters Satan brings on to him. Job's response - in his book - is very different from what is usually trumpeted about him. Love it. You'll have a ball with the Book of Job.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Friday, 23 February 2018 4:28:56 PM
Loudy...The story of Job is one of the most anti-God stories in the Bible. The fact that believers think there is a lesson in this fiction absolutely amazes me.

Satan doesn't exist. So God being tempted and acceding to Satan's request by an imaginary being is just plain nonsensical.

It seems believer's believe God would sell out even a good person if asked to by Satan.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

God and Satan exchange a few pleasantries where GOD...(supposedly omniscient)...asks Satan where he has been...

Job 1:7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Suddenly God tempts God with this question.

Job 1:9-11 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?

Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.

But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

So GOD takes the bait...He didn't need to because he is omniscient BUT believers miss that...GOD ALREADY KNEW THE OUTCOME!

So Satan is let loose on JOB and goes straight to work.

Job 1: 13-19 One day when Job’s sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, a messenger came to Job and said, “The oxen were plowing and the donkeys were grazing nearby, and the Sabeans attacked and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

Job was a good man and yet believers who believe this rubbish believe God sold out Job to Satan. Once again believer's believe God seems to enjoy pecker competitions!

...cont
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 23 February 2018 8:03:42 PM
Cont...

While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The fire of God fell from the heavens and burned up the sheep and the servants, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, another messenger came and said, “The Chaldeans formed three raiding parties and swept down on your camels and made off with them. They put the servants to the sword, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

While he was still speaking, yet another messenger came and said, “Your sons and daughters were feasting and drinking wine at the oldest brother’s house, when suddenly a mighty wind swept in from the desert and struck the four corners of the house. It collapsed on them and they are dead, and I am the only one who has escaped to tell you!”

So if FREE WILL actually exists why did all these people die? When a believer uses the excuse of FREE WILL they obviously don't know their Bibles!

They had no say in anything! If GOD is loving why did these innocents die?

If GOD is omniscient why did he need to test JOB? HE KNEW THE OUTCOME ANYWAY!

Why did GOD allow Satan to kill all these innocents?

Come on people please start to think… You continually make GOD out to be unintelligent undermining his LOVE and OMNISCIENCE with your belief in fairytales.

But wait...

Job 42:11 Then came there unto him all his brethren, and all his sisters, and all they that had been of his acquaintance before, and did eat bread with him in his house: and they bemoaned him, and comforted him over ALL THE EVIL THAT THE LORD HAD BROUGHT UPON HIM: every man also gave him a piece of money, and every one an earring of gold.

So according to Job, GOD doesn't protect good people from evil, as he may simply choose to put evil upon them.

Can it get any more unintelligent and anti-God than that!
Posted by Opinionated2, Friday, 23 February 2018 8:16:50 PM
Hi Op2,

Not being a believer, I'm interested in the Book of Job simply because it is included in the Old Testament, and therefore, so it seems to me, would be taken as truth by Jewish and Christian believers. Otherwise it would have been junked long ago.

After all, as you point out, it doesn't show the Judeo-Christian god in a very good light - not so much because he seemed to be quite happy to let Satan - one of his angels at the time, according to the books - do whatever the hell he liked to destroy Job's faith in god (which seemed to work, by the way) but god's dummy-spit (in the last couple of pages) about his awesome powers to do whatever the hell HE liked, making whales and tempests, etc.; and then his suck-up to the silent Job, promising he could raise another family and get his farm back etc.

To which Job seemed to shrug his shoulders as if to say, 'Well, you're the bloke with the power, do what you like' and that's it. It's quite an amazing book - obviously taken from some other society's mythology or foundation story. Love it !

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Saturday, 24 February 2018 9:43:28 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. Page 9
  10. 10
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy