The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Tunneen Onus-Williams Hate Speech

Tunneen Onus-Williams Hate Speech

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All
Terry Barnes in The Spectator, suggests that this foul-mouthed, hate-filled woman should be the subject of Sec 18c for her hate speech against white Australians on Australia Day. He believes that the HRC should initiate its is own investigation into this woman's tirade as it did with with QUT students recently.
Posted by ttbn, Saturday, 3 February 2018 9:50:42 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Put the onus on her.*

* Sorry!! Couldn't resist.
Posted by Is Mise, Saturday, 3 February 2018 5:37:21 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I’m presuming she isn’t literal about the burning down. Life without fast food outlets might prove a challenge.
Posted by Big Nana, Sunday, 4 February 2018 10:51:26 AM
Dear Is Mise,

Very droll my friend but I did give it a tick.

Dear Big Nana,

I do admire a woman who is comfortable with her weight. More power to you.

As to the subject at hand. May I make a suggestion. Notable Jewish figure have come out in strong support of Aboriginal treaty claims and land rights. One suspects they get it to a greater degree than many others living here.

The holocaust that befell the Aboriginal people, most pointedly in the eastern states, has very little recognition either by the ordinary Australian or to a degree the Australian government. We have Holocaust remembrance centers in Australia but nothing equivalent for the first Australians.

Perhaps some of the obvious anger from those indigenous people who know the history of the decimation of their peoples might be tempered by such a center in each of our capital cities.

If you disagree I am interested to to know your justification for doing so.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Sunday, 4 February 2018 6:37:08 PM
Nobody has anything to say about the hate speech?
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 February 2018 6:47:45 PM
"The holocaust that befell the Aboriginal people"? What an absurd comment. Certainly some unfortunate and regrettable things ensued after settlement, but to use such a word to describe something applicable to 6 million Jews only, is a shocking insult to Jews and and to British settlers
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 February 2018 8:11:58 PM
//Nobody has anything to say about the hate speech?//

Well to be fair, most people probably don't have the foggiest what you're talking about. I'm assuming this was some sort of local SA news that didn't break in my state.

Now, take a deep breath, slow down, maybe provide a useful link or searchable phrase (because 'Tunneen Onus-Williams' wasn't helpful), and tell old uncle Toni what's got you so worked up this time.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Sunday, 4 February 2018 9:11:01 PM
Lavis,

It's only been on the national news and several current affairs programs, as well as websites, so wouldn't have heard anything from under your rock. You probably missed out on Australia Day, too.
Posted by ttbn, Sunday, 4 February 2018 10:17:25 PM
"Certainly some unfortunate and regrettable things ensued after settlement"

Most unfortunate, most regrettable.

Got to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelette, right ttbn? Particularly when you are bring all those wonderful benefits to the indigenous population of Australia the European brought with him.

If you want comment put something up, no just your comment about something written in an online subscription mag.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 5 February 2018 10:26:19 AM
So, everyone except me, is too scared to call out a black person for hate speech; just keep on putting yourselves down and badmouthing whitey. You deserve everything that is coming your way. Pathetic!
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 12:35:42 PM
Paul,

Why don't you prove your sincerity and find somewhere else to live? You obviously hate yourself for what someone might have done a couple of centuries ago. You are far too precious to live in such an awful country - a country you are constantly putting down. Up to 300,000 people come here annually because they don't like where they came from. Nothing to stop you from doing the same thing. You wouldn't be missed.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 12:51:10 PM
Part aboriginal people like this hateful young woman only exist because of white settlement. Without her white ancestors she wouldn’t have come into being.
These people are exhibiting signs of self hatred and total denial of a major part of their heritage.
I am fortunate to live in the north with people who are proud of their multicultural roots and are happy to just get on with their lives
Posted by Big Nana, Monday, 5 February 2018 1:35:36 PM
no doubt she will be close to getting a paid spot on Q&A or the Drum. The regressives love these loathers especially when they suck off the public purse. Still waiting for the abc to critise demonise Mundine like they did Margaret Court. No its all about sides not princible or common decency.
Posted by runner, Monday, 5 February 2018 1:50:40 PM
The white bit doesn't do them any good in their quest for special privileges and treatment, so they push the black bit, no matter how small. Make a lot of noise, make whitey feel guilty, and the money rolls in. I just wish that someone other than my ancestors had settled the place; not because of the original inhabitants or their mostly sensible descendants, but because of the white trash who think it's clever to rubbish their own country and defend anyone else who does the same.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 1:53:29 PM
ttbn, Did someone rattle your cage?

Most likely you have not read a transcript of this womans speech, instead relying on a secondhand tirade from Terry Barnes in The Spectator, to fuel your personal tirade.

Why don't you put up or shut up, or are you simply pushing your usual racists line, and have no link to rely on.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 5 February 2018 5:46:47 PM
Paul,

No. I'm allowed out of the cage through the day.

Are you saying you rely entirely on yourself for information? You don't read anything? You just get an idea in your head and go with it? This could explain some of your wild words. You don't Google? You haven't read the Green's manifesto that contributes to your extremist ideas? Even fiction writers research, but you are unique in that every everything you utter is original. Wow!

I should "put up or shut up"? What does that mean? I have no link to go on? Yes I do. You just mentioned Terry Barnes and The Spectator in this instance. When people like you don't like what you see, you demand references. When you have references, you demand something more. Then, as a last resort - when you run out of BS - you pull out the tired old racist card. Pathetic old Lefties are starting well behind the eight ball when you try to mix it with real people.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 6:57:34 PM
//It's only been on the national news//

When? Where? Which channel? Which particular news bulletin? I can't watch them all, ttbn.

//and several current affairs programs//

That I don't watch.

//as well as websites//

Well maybe we could have a link then?

//so wouldn't have heard anything from under your rock.//

Yes, of course. Because I only pay attention to newsworthy stories instead of obsessively trawling through every tiny little bit of clickbait in an effort to find something to be offended about, I live under a rock. Sick burn, dude.

//You probably missed out on Australia Day, too.//

Nope, I love a barbecue with my mates as much as the next man. We live in an awesome country, no matter what whiny old buggers like you might say. Who wouldn't want to celebrate that?

//So, everyone except me, is too scared to call out a black person for hate speech//

It's hard to form opinions in a vacuum of information.

//just keep on putting yourselves down and badmouthing whitey//

At what point have I 'badmouthed whitey'?

//When you have references, you demand something more.//

References? Where? You have referred to one newspaper, and it's behind a paywall: no joy there. Google doesn't recognise the phrase 'Tunneen Onus-Williams', I've tried twice now. The only hits with all three of those words link directly back to this very discussion, and the following partial hits seem to be mostly obituaries from people long dead.

Instead of just telling us all how upset you are, and how we should be upset too and that we're bad people if we aren't.... maybe you could just tell us what it is that we're all meant to be so upset about?

Or not... I really can't be bothered with 20 questions or silly guessing games, so if you want to keep this one as your little secret that's cool too.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 5 February 2018 7:33:41 PM
You are a real sad sack, Toni, and I really can't be bothered with your blather anymore. You and Paul should get married.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 8:18:47 PM
Paul,

"...Particularly when you are bring all those wonderful benefits to the indigenous population of Australia the European brought with him."

Like "sit down money", the dole, subsidised housing, Medicare, et al.
Posted by Is Mise, Monday, 5 February 2018 8:29:30 PM
//You are a real sad sack, Toni, and I really can't be bothered with your blather anymore.//

What on Earth are you so upset about?
Posted by Toni Lavis, Monday, 5 February 2018 9:05:58 PM
All we got from you ttbn was Tunneen Onus-Williams was a foul-mouthed, hate-filled woman, and it seems you got that from some bloke in your online mag you read, you do read it don't you? I would hate to think your mum told you. Then you wanted to know why nobody has anything to say about the presumed hate speech by the woman in question. Since no one had agreed with you that the woman was uttering the supposed hate speech we must be too scared to agree, and that was in your view, pathetic.

Along the way you gave Steele, Toni and myself a razz. You did get a couple of the usual suspects on side, Big Nana and runner, who both are probably as clueless as the rest of us as to what you are going on about. I'll ask again. What did she say? If you don't know then just fess up like a good boy, and admit your ignorance, and all will be forgiven.

Issy, what were they thinking before those wonderful benefits of "sit down money", the dole and subsidised housing arrived? Seems some people are just ungrateful! I know, they were thinking where is the "sit down money", the dole and subsidised housing. Lets hope some joker from England sails our way and brings us "sit down money", the dole and subsidised housing, asap, we've been missing out on those benefits for 40,000 years, high time we got some.
I think the whole trouble started when Bennelong accepted a friends request from George III on 'Facebook'. George sent all his unwanted mates over for a visit, and they never went home.
Posted by Paul1405, Monday, 5 February 2018 9:19:59 PM
Paul,

I put what she said in a post. I had to disguise the F words to get them past the automatic censor. Even if you did didn't read that post, what she said was reported publicly so, if you don't know what she said you are a very unaware person, or you are pretending not to know.

Instead of grilling me and making a twit of yourself, perhaps you could explain how my objecting to abuse from a mixed race person, as much white as black, makes me a racist. I recently objected to another poster calling you a moron, but perhaps he was right and I was wrong.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 10:18:21 PM
Toni,

I am not upset. I just think you are a sad sack. I feel sorry for you.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 5 February 2018 10:20:43 PM
ttbn,

"I put what she said in a post. I had to disguise the F words to get them past the automatic censor."

Did you really? Where? What a good job of disguise you did. The auto censor did such a good job as well, it must have flicked the lot! You are making it up.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 3:34:28 AM
Paul,

Having trouble sleeping? Posting at 3.34am! One minute you are accusing me of relying on 'subscription magazines' now you are accusing me of "making it up", all the time dodging my questions that you can't answer. 'Piss and wind's comes to mind. Get some rest and get over it.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 7:20:27 AM
ttbn,

You made this up;

"I put what she said in a post. I had to disguise the F words to get them past the automatic censor."

What post, where?

zzzzzzz'
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 8:31:05 AM
"I put what she said in the post" When can we expect that letter to arrive ttbn, did you send it by "snail mail"?
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 10:10:54 AM
Some of this delightful young lady's comments that day are in this Blair article.
As Blair points out, she seems a trifle confused. She wants to tear down the government, reclaim aboriginal land and destroy colononial practises.
But she also wants the government to stop removing funding from remote traditional communities that lead to store and clinic closures. But wait, aren't those things part of the colonial structure she wants to destroy? I think she needs a rethink.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/blogs/tim-blair/nationburning-tarneens-abolish-australia-onus-bonus/news-story/290d39853d600271134812d8fba2b278
Posted by Big Nana, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 11:39:16 AM
You are still expecting me to answer your questions, but you have never answered one of mine, undoubtedly because you are unable to explain your unfounded statements.

The email you say I made up is here:

“Aboriginal activist Tarneen Onus-Williams, who said at an anti-Australia Day rally: “ feck Australia. Feck Australia, I hope it fecking burns to the ground” benefits from the society she hates by sitting on state government funded council that receives half a million from Victorians every annually: the Koori Youth Council. She is also on several other taxpayer-funded boards.

Hmm.

Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 January 2018 12:42:01 PM”

If you have the energy to look, you will see it is the post immediately above your own post made at 7.26pm, which brings us back to your state of unawareness.

Sorry I have to wait 5 hours to answer, thanks to your continual harassment
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 1:41:05 PM
The above post is, of course, for Paul. I forgot to put is name in.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 1:47:42 PM
Paul & Ttbn,

I suspect that Plan A, the Recognition-'Nations'-Treaty-Separate State strategy, has run its course, up its garden path. And there is, so far, no Plan B. So the rentier-activists have no alternative but to intensify their demands and make ever-more-empty threats.

Meanwhile, Indigenous people are surging through university and buying their own homes in ever-greater numbers. The population is moving away from remote areas, bit by bit, towards urban and metropolitan centres. Getting bourgeois, you might say.

Well, it happened to the working class 100-140 years ago, as Marx lamented: he complained that Britain, for example, had not only a bourgeois bourgeoisie and a bourgeois aristocracy but was on the way to developing a bourgeois working class. He would have known that, as economies developed, so did their technological underpinnings, and therefore more opportunities existed for the best and brightest working-class kids to move up into more skilled and professional positions, and leave any thoughts of throwing themselves on the battlements behind. So it seems are Indigenous people these days.

But nobody is working on a Plan B to embrace them and their aspirations. The only Plan is some vague half-arsed one to muck about re-forming 'nations', demanding treaties between them and their over-arching government, somehow, maybe push for a separate State out in the sticks and demand a separate extra-parliamentary body overseeing any proposed legislation. Which will achieve what, exactly ?

So, in ten or fifteen years, one in three Indigenous adults in the cities will be a university graduate. Most Indigenous families there will own their own homes. Children will be finishing high school at roughly the same rates as other Australians. Yes, there will still be desperately-dysfunctional remote settlements and in stagnant rural towns, but perhaps a lot fewer than at present. There will be clearly two Indigenous populations. There will still be the Dtarneen Onus-Williams trying to claw rents out of Australians, sounding ever-more bat-crazy.

There may even be a Plan B :)

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 2:10:14 PM
Joe,

Yours is a timely reminder. There are people improving their lot all the time despite stupid activists and condescending whiteys (who are 80% of the problem) stuck in the Combes/Whitlam time warp actually encouraging one section of Australian society to be dependent and useless.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 3:12:14 PM
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 30 January 2018 12:42:01 PM”

You only started this thread Saturday, 3 February 2018 9:50:42 AM, The fact is you did not post any quote from this woman on this thread. Why should we have to go back to an earlier post on another thread to find out what you were fussing about.

BTW, who does this woman speak for anyway. Certainly not for the broader aboriginal community.
Posted by Paul1405, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 5:43:35 PM
Ttbn,

I'm not saying that none of the graduates or home-owners ever get sucked into the Industry, they certainly do. But I'm hoping that enough will have the integrity to avoid the high-pay, no-work option and take up genuine employment, if they can. One problem is that the patronage system, a.k.a. the Industry, is organised enough these days to select those who suck up to it, and exclude those who won't, to a very large extent.

My desperate hope is that, with rapidly growing graduate numbers, they will overwhelm the ability of the Industry to corrupt employment agencies, etc., and give them equal opportunities to employ the skills that they have trained for.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 5:48:02 PM
Paul,

You will never let up, will you. If you want to know who she speaks for, you find out. I know. I also know that the government is giving her, and those like her, your money so that she can continuing with her foul-mouthed abuse of the system, but I'm not saying another word to you about it because you are determined to knock everything I say rather than learn something.

Joe,

Yes, there's the rub: the 'industry', the one using this silly, naive young woman and others for their purely political ends. They don't give a toss about people who could really use some help. They are a bunch of frauds making successive governments look like idiots.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 7:38:59 PM
Dear Paul,

The reason ttbn and her ilk do not post links is that they are loathed to put up anything they might get properly challenged on. It is a fear which pervades her kind since they sink their argument so deeply in rhetoric. I have given up on a few here and ttbn is definitely one of them. She constantly avoids any grounding of her argument in factual detail which makes any discussion with her a completely futile endevour.

But then again it could come down to capacity and computer literacy. Actually no, abject shallowness is more likely the cause.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 9:20:32 PM
I don't know if English is a second language for SR or he was no good at school. He says "they are loathed to..." when he should have said: they are loath to. e.g I am not loath to say that I loathe the opinions of SR. It is amusing that someone so ignorant thinks he has the ability to guess my gender - incorrectly, of course.

SR has also made a shocking, libelous accusation against General Jim Nolan in my post ABC bigotry against the now senator.

Paul,

Isn't it embarrassing to be supported by a person like SR?
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 6 February 2018 10:44:02 PM
No.
Posted by Paul1405, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 5:55:13 AM
//I don't know if English is a second language for SR or he was no good at school.//

I'd be wary about accepting English tuition from a semi-literate like ttbn, Steele. Why, it was only last week that he posted this little gem:

//If we were all like you there would be nothing to discuss, and you would have nothing and no-one to sneer? at.//

http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?discussion=8118#252242

Apparently he's yet to grasp the basics of punctuation, but still considers himself in a position to be dispensing advice. A textbook example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

//It is amusing that someone so ignorant thinks he has the ability to guess my gender - incorrectly, of course.//

He's got a point, Steele: eunuchs are male.

//SR has also made a shocking, libelous accusation against General Jim Nolan//

That's he bit of a [censored]? The facts speak for themselves. Nolan is a massive [censored].
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 6:41:52 AM
Paul,

No? You must be desperate
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 7:20:03 AM
Toni Lavis, critical of my punctuation, doesn't actually say what is wrong with it. That's because there was nothing wrong with it.

The fellow has set himself up a a gender expert as well. He has me down as a eunuch. His problem is his inability to come to terms with the fact that his father, on sighting the infant Toni, went out to drown his sorrows on the way to Births, Deaths and Marriages, and registered the poor little mite with a girl's name.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 9:12:34 AM
//That's because there was nothing wrong with it.//

Seriously? You don't see anything wrong with that extraneous question mark after sneer? O.... kay.

Definitely the Dunning-Kruger effect.

//and registered the poor little mite with a girl's name.//

I didn't know Antonio was also a girl's name. You learn something new every day... well, some of us at least.
Posted by Toni Lavis, Wednesday, 7 February 2018 11:21:06 AM
I'm a bit late into this discussion..

I think I could probably accept indigenous racism on Australia Day more readily than I can accept a Muslim such as Yassmin Abdel Magied bringing Anzac day into disrepute.

SteeleRedux -'Notable Jewish figure have come out in strong support of Aboriginal treaty claims and land rights.'
Not surprised, they always do stuff like that - try to undermine whatever country is kind enough to host their residence.
Look in the US - who do you think it was that pushed for the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965?
- The days Americans first had to start locking their homes.
It seems to me like elite Jewry thinks it can do whatever it wants.
Whether underhanded, deceptive or downright unconscionable, they use the victim card, the guilt card, the anti-semite card, - any and all ways to manipulate and undermine their host countries for their own benefit.
Then they scream discrimination when caught out.
http://youtu.be/WJlXMZy06rM

"The holocaust that befell the Aboriginal people"?
Always the psychological crap - Jews reinforcing that they are the victims
- Man they have squeezed every last drop out of the Holocaust - considering they started and funded it.

[Can anyone find me a NAZI dammit!! I don't care if it was the camp postman - we need to string the 97y/o up and remind everyone were the victims]

They pronounced war on Germany in 1933 and their bankers funded Hitlers rise, they should just own it.

But never mind half a million dead Syrians including Christians and all the other wars.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Sunday, 18 February 2018 2:11:50 PM
Wow. I thought morons like AC were very much creatures of the past. But you never know what's under the next rock, do you ?

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Sunday, 18 February 2018 4:26:24 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. 8
  9. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy