The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Love the Lord with all your heart.

Love the Lord with all your heart.

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 72
  10. 73
  11. 74
  12. All
Dear David,

«Can you really believe human females can become impregnated and give birth without the involvement of a human sperm?»

Apparently Josephus can, apparently you cannot. Is this envy?

Perhaps the whole thing is mumbo-jumbo, but then you say:
«It doesn’t matter how good a life you have lived or what a decent person you are.»

Well, if believing in some mumbo-jumbo could help me improve my personality, become more loving and caring, turn from being indecent to decent, etc., then I would be grabbing it with both hands, wouldn't you?

«According to the Bible Jesus did not have sex with either men or women. The guy seems less than human.»

Even animals have sex, so the guy seems less than an animal. Is that bad?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 3:42:13 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Yuyutsu, You wrote, Well, if believing in some mumbo-jumbo could help me improve my personality, become more loving and caring, turn from being indecent to decent, etc., then I would be grabbing it with both hands, wouldn't you? «According to the Bible Jesus did not have sex with either men or women. The guy seems less than human.» Even animals have sex, so the guy seems less than an animal. Is that bad?" I value truth too much to believe in mumbojumbo and do not see how mumbojumbo would make me more loving and caring. In fact, believing in mumbojumbo might make me less caring. Considering the horrible history of the Christian superstition the mumbo jumbo has often had that effect. Yes, the Jesus person seems less than an animal. Animals are part of nature. That is better than being part of mumbojumbo.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 4:52:40 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear David,

Certainly we wouldn't want to see a repeat of those cruel murders which you mentioned (Hypatia, Servetus, Bruno and Galileo), so if you think that these were caused by the same Christian beliefs which Not_Now.Soon raised in this discussion, then this is indeed the place to bring it up; and if that's indeed the case, then one should keep away from such beliefs.

What is irrelevant in this context, is the mumbo-jumbo-ness or otherwise of these beliefs. All that matters here is whether they produce good - or evil.

If you say: «In fact, believing in mumbojumbo might make me less caring», then you probably need to elaborate and substantiate it. Are you speaking of ANY mumbo-jumbo, or just about the particular belief held by Not_Now.Soon (on the working assumption that it is mumbo-jumbo)? Is it only you who might become less caring as a result, or would it be anyone? Could such beliefs today actually lead you and/or others, to cruelty and murder?

One more thing that needs considering, is whether those "Christians" who carried out the said atrocities indeed believed in what Not_Now.Soon believes, or were they in fact opportunistic hypocrites?

Regarding animals and sex, do you similarly look down at asexual people for being unnatural and neglecting their duty to keep the human race going?
Posted by Yuyutsu, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 6:03:18 PM
Dear Yuyutsu, I do not enjoy discussing matters with you so I will not continue this discussion.
Posted by david f, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 7:26:04 PM
Again we have nothing but attack on Christians. What we want to know what are the positive ways of life that you follow that gives you direction and hope. Of course Jesus never existed, we just made up the dates on our calendar. Herenow, There is more evidence Jesus existed than Julius Caesar yet I'm sure you do not question his existence.
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 7:26:38 PM
HA! Ok wow. Thank you all for your responses. I'll try to get to them all.

To Davidk. You said:

[Many people have the idea that it would be a better world if all people believed what they believed.]

If all people knew God, it would be a better place. I say this by my observation that I had written above. By loving God, His love encourages me to be better then I am alone and without Him. This isn't a belief, I'm telling you. It's an observation. When I've done something wrong, and turned away from God my relationship with Him is affected. And until I reconcile it in one way or another, I notice a difference. A shorter temper, more callus words, and in general more easily to do more wrongs with more restraint to not. Comparatively speaking I'm not a "bad" person, but I am worse then I am when I stay close to God.

It is by observation that I can tell you that you are wrong to call it superstition. If other religions can make the same observation, then perhaps there's something worth consideration in them. If they can not make the same observation, then they are not in the same grouping of belief. I am likely going to tell this to everyone here. Seek God for yourself. See if you can find similar merit that I've found that not only does God exist, but that He's good and worth seeking out.

To the Atheist. You say about nonsense and belief. Tell me of this nonsense. We live in a bubble of diverse life in a desert of lifeless space. That we are able to even exist in the conditions of the universe, if it were not observable to be so, would also be beyond belief. Yet here we are. What I've offered is an observation. Not the only one. Seek God for yourself, and be the Atheist no more. He's real and he does love you.
Posted by Not_Now.Soon, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 7:29:05 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. Page 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 72
  10. 73
  11. 74
  12. All