The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Trump Hysteria

Trump Hysteria

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
Writing in the The Spectator, Declan Mansfield points out that “character is not everything in politics”. The article shows that the puritanical criticisms of Trump's character are rather pathetic in the scheme of things. It points out to the “snowflakes” - the “easily offended”, “the hysterics who have lost the power to evaluate the world in a dispassionate manner” - that Trump will be gone in four years or eight years, and will have left a “mixed legacy” just like his predecessors. History will be his judge, and he will soon be forgotten, just like all ex-politicians.

In the meantime, Trump has had successes. He has created thousands of jobs for poor Americans; by lowering business taxation; saved “thousands of lives” in the Middle East by destroying Islamic state. He gave the generals 30 days formulate and plan to defeat Islamic State, whereas Obama micromanaged the conflict which could have been over in 30 days. ISIS has had its territory reduced by 98%. Not bad going compared with previous timid or cowardly presidents.

Mansfield concludes that the “rude, crude, earthy Trump is more moral than the metropolitan cool of generation quinoa any day”. I couldn't agree more, but I would add Trump's quashing of America's involvement in the fraudulent Paris Accord, and his straight talk that has had the Left foaming at the mouth to his other achievements.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 16 January 2018 2:37:52 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep surely the mental health of those implying Trumps insanity should be called into question. Either that or their hateful spiteful natures exposed. The bitter Hilary supporters just cant swallow democracy.
Posted by runner, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 10:17:18 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
The petulant display in America is bad enough; but the carry on outside of America - including Australia - is absurd. Australians should be concentrating on the delinquents in our own government.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 11:58:03 AM
Trump – haters and hysterics will be disappointed to learn that he has just got 30 our of 30 for the cognisance test that is part of his regular medical check. Perhaps his oh-so-smart detractors would like to do the same test and see how they fare?
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 3:08:36 PM
Just a small observation.

The executive branch has a long and proud history of
hiding American Presidents' debilitating conditions
from the American public. If the checkup did uncover
anything grave, there's no reason to expect the
Trump White House to be any more transparent than its
predecessors have been.

I wonder of they did a scan of the man's brain, for
example. This is the only way to get a better idea of
whether he does have early stages of dementia or
alzheimers. Why does he keep repeating things, and why
was his speech slurred in one of his speeches recently?
Plus there's a few more questions that we need answered.
Lets also not forget that he is one of the oldest
Presidents America has had. He does not believe in
exercise, hates using stairs, is overweight, and loves
junk food. He needs to take the advice of his doctors,
at the very least - because being in his mid-seventies
things will only get worse if he does nothing but deny
he just may have a problem.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 6:08:29 PM
Born in 1946, Trump is 71, not mid-70s. I am guilty of being in the mid-70s, and I'm still compis mentis. Any suggestion that he is too old to be president is ageist, one of the new offences. Only one rare type of Alzheimer's shows up on a MRI – the sort that writer Terry Prachett had. There has been only one report by an anti-Trump reporter about slurred speech on a single occasion. I am not aware of any cover ups in respect to presidents' health, but that could be because they were covered up.

It seems to me that the main disease surrounding the most abused president in history is Trumpaphobia.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 17 January 2018 7:15:16 PM
ttbn,

I guess only time will tell as to whether this
is all political, or whether there's any substance
to it. I've also found out recently that unless
they do a brain scan - an ordinary medical check-up
will not show up any brain malfunctions. So we'll
have to wait and wee what the future holds for the man.
Ronald Reagan did not develop full blown alzheimers
until five years after he'd left the White House.
Also age is not a good indicator. Dementia or alzheimers
can hit people who are considerably younger than being
in their seventies or considerably older. It varies
with each individual.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 18 January 2018 8:46:59 AM
Ttbn,

A ten-minute IQ test ? Come off it :)
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 18 January 2018 8:55:23 AM
Foxy,

Alzheimer's is the most misdiagnosed disease, ever. There is money in it. It is an easy way out for not-so-good neurologists. You might have seen in the last week or so a money-making scheme for creating 'dementia villages' where big business is replicating whole towns exclusively for people supposedly suffering from dementia. I have read case studies where misdiagnosed people have actually taken on all the signs of dementia and kept them even after they were rescued from incompetent neurologists, one of whom had misdiagnosed 1,200 cases before he was stopped. The business of Alzheimer's is a global scandal. The number of well known people popping up with supposed Alzheimer's is beyond belief.

About Ronald Reagan. We know he was OK until he left office, but academics in the university of Arizona ordained him to have the disease while he was still in office - without having even spoken to the man or knowing of any medical diagnosis. Politics is a nasty business, full of nasty people who will use even the tragedy of Alzheimer's to put down people they don't like. I find it a terrible insult, and insensitive smear, against people who really do have Alzheimer's.

There is a 'false' Alzheimer's brought on by stress, which can be easily treated. I shudder to think how many people with it have become victims of an incompetent medical profession more interested in taxing sugar and putting their snouts where they don't belong.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 9:29:38 AM
Actually, Joe, he did the standard test for Alzheimer's. Like you, the good old ABC is hunting out Democrat doctors vainly trying to discredit Trump.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 9:46:48 AM
Hi Ttbn,

I don't think that Trump has Alzheimer's, at least not very advanced. It's more likely that he isn't all that bright - rich, yes, a braggart and a sleaze, yes, but not all that demented. That test that was given to him would be the sort of test that schools give 12-year-olds, maybe 10-year-olds - and retarded 10-year-olds at that.

Ten minutes ? From distant memory of the last time I did an IQ test, (really a series of tests) it lasted for the best part of an hour. Of course, we know that Trump wouldn't have anywhere that sort of attention span, so it's perhaps unfair for anyone to make judgements on only ten minutes of very basic tests. I wonder how long Obama's took.

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 18 January 2018 9:48:02 AM
Just in: dopey Democrats are calling Trump's doctor a 'quack' because he couldn't anything wrong.

Joe. Compare your achievements with those of Trump He might be brighter than you think.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 9:57:31 AM
Okay, Ttbn, give me half a billion to start with and we'll see :)
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:06:35 AM
What is even more disturbing is the 'false moralism' brought on by the size of their bank accounts and real estate portfolios...along with connections to media outlets and political affiliations ?(Same goes here in Australia).

The behaviour of the so called outraged Democrat brats post election showed these people for what they were, "born to rule fascists" of the highest order, with no loyalty or care for anyone but themselves

ttbn, the fact of politicians both in the USA & here having 1 or 2 terms in office and their being forgotten once voted out is one thing, but their legacies left in the form of legislation and social policies lasts much longer. Take for instance the Family Law Act introduced here in 1974. It has taken over 40 years to get to a point where it now under scrutiny, with some legal academics calling for a complete overhaul...dare I say Royal Commission into how it has affected children and the non custodial parents since its enacting.

More recently the Anti Terrorism laws under Fuhrer Howard and the formation of mega portfolios like the one now headed by Mr Potato Head will take us into a not so brave world I fear.

To misquote Benjamin Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

It is the world of doublespeak, obfuscation and perception management writ large.

There’s even an academic term for the strategy, explains Matthew McGlone of the University of Texas at Austin — “contextomy.”

“‘Contextomy’ refers to the selective excerpting of words from their original linguistic context in a way that distorts the source’s intended meaning, a practice commonly referred to as ‘quoting out of context’. Contextomy is employed in contemporary mass media to promote products, defame public figures and misappropriate rhetoric. A contextomized quotation not only prompts audiences to form a false impression of the source’s intentions, but can contaminate subsequent interpretation of the quote when it is restored to its original context. …”
Posted by Albie Manton in Darwin, Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:17:05 AM
Good news for you, Joe. The New York Times as discovered 'serious' heart problems for Trump. And, yeah, its really not fair that some people get left money when most of us don't. Hard not to hate lucky people.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:21:07 AM
Albie,

Yes. I appreciate the legacy some politicians leave behind. Can't think of single one - apart from a nuclear Iran - that the last Democrat darling left behind.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 10:23:31 AM
ttbn,
Think high immigration, family reunion, non selective immigration and multiculturalism for examples of bad legacies left by former pollys.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 18 January 2018 11:10:49 AM
Dear Ttbn,

You perhaps misunderstand me: I'm not particularly envious of Trump's inherited millions, simply pointing out that my - or your - chances could be (but not necessarily would be) enhanced by the windfall of half a billion dollars. In my own weird mind, in any case, I don't think I've done too bad. I suppose we'll never know :)

Cheers,

Joe
Posted by Loudmouth, Thursday, 18 January 2018 11:57:14 AM
Banjo,

True. I usually think of 'legacies' as good things, but there are certainly bad ones like those.

Joe,

Lots of people blow every penny the old man leaves behind. Lots of people make good without anyone else's money. Trump has done better than OK considering what is said about him.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 18 January 2018 12:33:19 PM
The American Psychiatric Association has warned anti-Trump psychiatrists abusing their Hippocratic Oath for political activism that it is unethical to diagnose for people they have not personally examined.

The fact that Trump has not bothered to take legal action against them indicates the level of contempt they have earned themselves.
Posted by ttbn, Friday, 19 January 2018 11:10:19 AM
Did anyone else watch "Putin's Revenge?" last night on
SBS? It was rather frightening and the facts were there
for all to see - as to what was involved in getting
Donald Trump elected - and the exact involvement of
Putin and Russia in the election of Trump.

So why's the man still in office? Trump that is.

Make America Great again? I think not. No wonder
Trump likes Putin. (and Putin likes Trump). Each gets what
they want from each other.
Posted by Foxy, Monday, 22 January 2018 3:49:18 PM
Hahahaha covfefe
Read any of his late night tweets and tell me he is not an idiot.
Posted by mikk, Monday, 22 January 2018 8:55:49 PM
Foxy,

And you believe what you heard on SBS? Of course they will show what suits the anti-Trumpers. Like the abc, it is their job to to preach against anyone who isn't a Leftist. I'll bet there was nobody on who spoke up for Trump, or presented a different version of events.
Posted by ttbn, Monday, 22 January 2018 10:16:51 PM
great to see Trump addressing those opposed to tearing up unborn babies. Also to name Jerusalem as capital of Israel was courageous albeit obvious. This man has performed in an outstanding way. Hilarous to see him giving the warmist religion the finger. We need a Trump like figure here in Australia rather than the self interested political elite.
Posted by runner, Monday, 22 January 2018 10:24:12 PM
ttbn,

The show was more about Putin than Trump. It showed the
evidence of what the hackers did to tarnish Hillary
Clinton's reputation. Apparently Putin had it in for her
as a payback for when she was "Secretary of State" during
Obama's time - and she stood up against Putin over Russia's
involvement in the Ukraine and other areas. Putin was out to
get her no matter what - and Russia did interfere in the
election. It wasn't fake news - Americans have the evidence,
whether you believe it or not.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 9:36:46 AM
Foxy,

I suppose I thought it was Trump-bashing because you asked how Trump got to be in office - not Putin. But now that you say it was about Putin's campaign against Clinton I see see my error. Still don't see why you queried Trump, though.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 11:06:12 AM
ttbn,

I queried Trump - because he played right into Putin's
hands by consistently praising the man - thereby giving
him credibility to continue to undermine the American
democratic system. But of course - it suited Trump to do it
as it was helping him win the election against Clinton.
The more damage that was done to Clinton - the better it served
Trump. That's politics - I guess.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 11:59:30 AM
ttbn,

Hey, do you realise - we're talking again.
God, I missed it!
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 12:00:20 PM
Foxy,

Fair enough. As for us talking again, yes.
Posted by ttbn, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 2:56:43 PM
At this moment it looks like Hilary Clinton could go to Jail for many misdemeanours involving the Clinton Foundation. She was also in collusion with Russia selling large reserves of American Uranium to Russia. http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/clinton-foundation-arkansas-probe/index.html
Posted by Josephus, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 8:51:05 PM
Josephus I would say that many emails have probably been deleted again by the Clintons. They have had the regressive media protecting them for decades. To see all her supporters with vaginas on their heads the other day was nothing short of nauseating. How much more class have the ' deplorable' women.
Posted by runner, Tuesday, 23 January 2018 9:33:11 PM
Hysteria: https://www.facebook.com/ijrdeclaration/videos/147672722599452/
Posted by Josephus, Wednesday, 24 January 2018 6:12:55 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy