The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Should Australia debate becoming a Republic in 2018?

Should Australia debate becoming a Republic in 2018?

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All
Is Mise, No I can categorically say I am nowhere near naive. That title belongs completely to you after your last post.

Do you realise the big pho par you just let loose. They can smell it all the way to Canberra, and wait a minute, I can hear the laughter from here.

You poor deluded soul, YOU are in NO position to comment on ANY pollies.
Why, because you are not in their heads or privy to their day-to-day actions and thoughts.

The people you speak of so affectionately about, simply don't give cause for speculation and criticism. Thereby leaving no evidence of foul play.

I can assure you having had to do with politicians, even the ones who come across as angels, are absolutely and positively far from angels.

As the saying goes I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Believe me, don't believe me, it matters not. They are ALL bent in some way or another, even though there are people like you who refuse to believe it.

I'm sorry but that has been the staple for inclusion into 'the club'.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 11 January 2018 6:35:54 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Albie, you're on the right track. The answer is, there are NO guarantees to what you ask. As you have eluded to, the only people wanting to change to a Republic are those who can't wait to change the rules to make it even easier to steal from us.

No one can categorically assure me that removing or changing our current constitution will not end up leaving us in worse or in a more vulnerable state than we already are.

Unless we get a better deal than we currently have, I for one will never submit to a Republic. We have learned over time this will not happen and in fact things get worse with time, even though we are told they will be better.

A republic is a BAD idea for us. Don't let them suck you in.
Posted by ALTRAV, Thursday, 11 January 2018 6:54:35 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Here's a link that explains things a bit further:

http://www.tasmaniantimes.com/index.php/article/why-australia-should-not-become-a-republic
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 11 January 2018 7:02:30 PM
"After I've basically demolished the rubbish you wrote about the unions in WW2,"

mhaze, you might think you are so lucky, nothing of the sort.

Menzies and the Dalfram dispute 1938.

http://ro.uow.edu.au/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=4009&context=lhapapers

While Menzies was giving tacit support to Fascism, and Japanese imperialism, all awhile throwing accolades Hitlers way, others were opposing those evils.
Posted by Paul1405, Thursday, 11 January 2018 9:03:45 PM
ALTRAV, just on a point you made;

"as a lot of Australians died and or suffered at the hands of the communist backed labor scum" There is no evidence to support such an outrageous claim.

What we did have in Australia post WWII were many so called refugees from Eastern Europe who claimed to be fleeing Communist persecution. To a degree that was true, but what many failed to admit was they had in fact been Nazi collaborators during the war. Some of those people found a political home in the far right of the Liberal Party. Those people are the scum you should be referring to.
Posted by Paul1405, Friday, 12 January 2018 3:35:32 AM
Paul1405, OK so now we know your political bent. I'm not talking about a few or post war anything. If you have a problem with 'a few' of these and a 'few of that', that's not relevant in this point.

What I am referring to is a major policy initiative set out by the communists and enacted through to, and by, the union movement. In particular the maritime workers union.

These actions of sabotage were not 'post war', as you are suggesting, they were an integral part of the communist war machine in that they were actively engaged in the fight against us as enemies.

So it was that the labor party, by it's own admission was part of the communist party and therefore our enemy.

Because of this we should banish the labor party if only because of the death and destruction they unleashed against the Australian war effort and therefore on the Australian people.

"Lest We Forget"
Posted by ALTRAV, Friday, 12 January 2018 4:30:40 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. 9
  9. Page 10
  10. 11
  11. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy