The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Why private schools need to be a thing of the past - that's not my opinion

Why private schools need to be a thing of the past - that's not my opinion

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All
My observation is that people who can afford it and generally at considerable sacrifice opt out of the public education program . Now they have opened the door to more left wing radical ideas, people who want control over the agendas that are being rammed down young peoples throats in the public system, will want to opt out of a going backwards academically, union benifiting system
Posted by the pilot, Monday, 18 December 2017 7:50:19 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Why don't we get rid of education altogether and leave it to Facebook, that way everyone can be equal.
Think of the money we can save....but then we would have a whole lot of unemployed teachers.....not so because then it would be each parent's responsibility to ensure his/her child had a good education and in fact there would be a greater demand for good teachers.
The state could simply be relegated to setting a curriculum based on the world standard and in charge of evaluating
Posted by ilmessaggio, Monday, 18 December 2017 8:13:01 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Heres wishing everyone at OLO all the very best for the festive season and the new year.

Foxy,
I trust you were able to obtain the recordings of Amira Willighagen and now enjoy her marvelous voice. Her 'Nella Fantasia' is my current favorite but the little girl with Andre Rieu comes a close second.
Posted by Banjo, Tuesday, 19 December 2017 8:15:17 AM
Dear Banjo,

Bless you for thinking of me.

I've put the recordings on my wish list for Christmas.
I've been so busy with the work at my mum's Nursing
Home. We had the Lithuanian choir come out and
perform for the residents of the dementia wing yesterday
afternoon (mum used to belong to the choir). They sang all
the traditional Christmas carols in English, plus they
also included a few songs in Lithuanian for mum. Much to
my surprise - she started to sing along. The music was
beautiful and everyone loved the performance.

Music is a wonderful therapy.
Posted by Foxy, Tuesday, 19 December 2017 9:25:20 AM
NathanJ,
My apologies for going 'off topic' on your thread but if Foxy has been a good girl Santa will deliver her desired presents.

On topic, I agree with the pilot as there are many people who want and have the means to have their kids educated the way they want. So I can see private schools being around for a while yet.
Posted by Banjo, Wednesday, 20 December 2017 9:12:46 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. Page 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy