The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Is 4 Corners doing a good job?

Is 4 Corners doing a good job?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
or is 4 Corners just a stirrer?

"Contamination: The unfolding scandal of toxic water in Australian communities.

“You've been giving your children water that's contaminated with chemicals…. so you're just trying to get your head around what does that mean?” Katherine resident

It’s one of the biggest environmental scandals in Australian history. Harmful chemicals, leaching into the ground and waterways, contaminating the water relied upon for drinking.

“They became more and more certain…It was also in the food chain, and it was also a risk to human health. Their own report by their own expert made that clear, that there was a risk to human health.” Investigator "

"Communities, living in the shadow of three key defence bases, have been trapped in a kind of no-man’s land for the past three years after it was revealed these chemicals, known as PFAS, had seeped out of the bases and contaminated the surrounding areas'

Personally, I think that 4 Corners does a good job.
Posted by Is Mise, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 11:45:29 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Yep!....it's the masses that screw up
Posted by ilmessaggio, Thursday, 12 October 2017 3:00:31 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I think 4 Traumas, like the rest of the ABC political machine, is a stirrer rather than informer and provider of accurate, unbiased information. The only things worth seeing on the taxpayer-burdening monolith are UK drama programs and 'Glitch'.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 12 October 2017 8:09:34 AM
Dear Is Mise,

I think 4 Corners is having a stellar year. The Murray-Darling water ripoff was brilliant and timely. If your work is forcing heads to roll within government, an institution which is incredibly good at arse covering, then it must be substantial, revealing, and solidly factual. I imagine every pollie who gets asked for an interview must have conniptions.

They are speaking truth to power as any good journalism should but sadly they risk becoming a lone voice, especially in a media landscape controlled by the likes of Murdoch.

They are worth every bloody penny and I would hate to think of this country without their efforts. Which is why I get so heartily sick of those who continue to disparage Aunty, usually from people who have had their side of politics touch up by the program. We are very fortunate to have her.
Posted by SteeleRedux, Thursday, 12 October 2017 8:16:46 AM
Steele,

I heartily concur, except for Glitch; I watched the first series but don't think that it warrants continuation.
If it weren't for Aunty the viewing public would be left with little but old US programs where subtle is an unknown word and canned laughter takes the place of humour.

My particular interest gets more than its fair share of adverse and one sided coverage but I still think, like you, that the ABC is worth the expense I'm sure that the people up in Catherine share our views.
Posted by Is Mise, Thursday, 12 October 2017 10:10:56 AM
Dear Is Mise,

I find that Four Corners without a doubt must be
our best television current affairs program.
And I am so grateful that we have it . For who else
exposes the scandals that this program does and not only
that it succeeds in triggering inquiries, and firing
debates.

Just look at the list of some of the past programs that
have been aired - for example -
who's benefiting from the billions
spent on the Murray-Darling, the retirement villages rip-offs
of retirees, the unfolding scandal of toxic water in Australian
Communities, the developers deals and donations on the Gold
Coast, the Adani mine - and the dubious dealings of India's
corporate colossus, and the list goes on.

The Four Corners program has been part of our national current
affairs since 1961 - long may it continue.

In her only Australian interview Monday 16th October, 8.31pm,
Hillary Clinton talks about what went wrong and her fears for
the future with Sarah Ferguson.

I shall definitely be watching.
Posted by Foxy, Thursday, 12 October 2017 10:48:34 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy