The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Australian media is a load of crap!

Australian media is a load of crap!

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Recently there was an ABC story about an Australian Senator holding a waxwork figure, that was put on facebook, from an overseas holiday, which occurred around five years ago.

Being appalled at such cheap journalism, I put a message on the ABC facebook page. I have never done that before in terms of criticism, stating that as an ABC supporter, people like myself, will now simply be switching off, if the ABC cannot come up with better stories than what was printed.

I am also at the point of considering getting rid of my television set and avoiding media in principle.

Why? I now see media as little value to myself, many stories are run on the cheap with limited, detailed information provided that is of any real value.

I'd rather gain information and read opinions from individuals on this site.

One only has to watch Media Watch each week to see what media is currently up to and personally, I've now had enough.
Posted by NathanJ, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 12:05:52 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
All media is crap, Nathan. You go right ahead and punish yourself by throwing out your TV, because the ABC and the rest of them don't give a toss about your opinion, or mine. And, why would they? The ABC will continue to lap up the billion dollars per year that Turnbull allows them - without our permission, and free to air exists only to advertise junk nobody needs and screen 'reality' shows showing how unreal people are. Read books, Nathan. Read books.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 9:05:23 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Dear Nathan,

I am so sorry that you feel that way.

Of course we have certain sections of the media that
present us with pictures and news stories that are
distorted for they are based on sensationalism to
sell - and serve - either political agendas or other
purposes. However, programs like "Media Watch,"
the "Insiders," "Four Corners," just to name a few -
are worthy of our support.

We are living in disturbing times - and for that reason
we need to support news outlets and programs that present
us with balanced views. Good media is a necessary part of
democracy - and what's out there on the whole is very
narrow and runs along predictable lines. The ABC, in my
opinion is a place where serious issues are discussed
and facts are presented and at 12 cents a day (the cost to
the taxpayer) is worth every cent.
Posted by Foxy, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 9:44:11 AM
NathanJ,

While the coffee did its thing, I flicked on The Box and there it was, Tony Jones on Q&A with an embittered 'I am a young Gay who is upset..'. It could have been any ABC current affairs or talk fest in the last decade and more and yes, it would have been the same. What is there about Tony Jones' ear microphone and ABC Ultimo audiences that the same stuff repeats for years?

How much do those celebrity talking heads like Tony Jones get paid for that? Too much (like other ABC executives) and it should be divvied up with other employees.

But that isn't why the TV channels should be forgotten. The compelling reason to switch off is that it is old hat and restricts access to information. That is why the ABC should be sold off too. It is old technology. It cannot change.

NathanJ,
Do yourself a favour and get with the leading edge of digital. You probably already use various digital tech sources already. Jump on Google for one of the free, short uni courses available world wide on, to suggest a start, creating a learning network or just get involved with those short courses anyhow and you will come across the many people from all countries and with one another.
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 11:00:55 AM
"and you will come across the many people from all countries and with one another."

should be,

"and you will come across the many people from all countries, sharing, caring and learning from one another, enjoying life".
Posted by leoj, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 11:55:22 AM
Speaking of the hard-done-by fairy on Q&A, in 'The Advertiser' today they was a line up of young school girlies bleating that they just want to be treated like boys.

No, girls, you really do not want to be treated like boys.
Posted by ttbn, Wednesday, 11 October 2017 12:27:17 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy