The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > Identity Crisis

Identity Crisis

1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All
When will people out there realize that the plebiscite being run by the census people is fraught with identity danger.
It is supposed to be anonymous but if so why are there three bar codes and one of those square codes on the papers.
Even an idiot would be entitled to suspect that one of these codes would identify the person the vote was sent to and thus how they voted.
Governments dote on information.
These codes are so secret that even a bar code reader cannot unravel them.
Apart from all this what about the millions with an opinion that cannot be cast because they choose not to vote in elections and are probably not on the electoral role.
What about 15,16 and 17year olds who have just as much right to an opinion us oldies
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Wednesday, 20 September 2017 8:50:56 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Maybe the code is so that your vote cannot be photocopied and duplicated.
A security feature for '1 person 1 vote'?
Are you concerned one side of the other might find out how you voted and come and murder you?
Why would a barcode reader read it?
Down at Coles or Woolies, the barcodes have already been entered into the system so the reader can read them.
How would a barcode reader know what the barcode on your SSM survey form refers to?
If people don't vote they can't complain about the result.
And 15, 18 and 17 years olds are not entitled to vote.
You must be 18 and an adult to vote.
Posted by Armchair Critic, Thursday, 21 September 2017 2:26:32 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
As I understand it, the barcode treats the risk of duplicate returns for the addressee. If you don't get a form, request a replacement. The first return for the addressee is the one registered. Processing is done automatically.

There is always the risk of loss of information. Hopefully there was a pre-survey, independent, governance audit.
Posted by leoj, Thursday, 21 September 2017 7:33:36 AM
Hi CHRISGAFF1000...

I couldn't agree with you more, but what does one expect with such a blundering incompetent government we're now saddled with! And much worse, imagine for a moment if Bill SHORTIN and his crowd gain government at the next general election? Utter chaos!

I'll be voting NO. But it really doesn't matter, gays or whoever, will get what they want, either now or in six months. But believe me, they'll get their wish.

Soon there'll be some group wishing to remove 'Beastiality' from our statutes. In order they may establish a formal relationship with an animal of choice...Pigs, a hapless Billy Goat, or some other unfortunate beast unknowingly set to be defiled and degraded by some lousy, maggot infested human being.

I gotta say in all my years as a copper, I've never seen a country, a culture, or a race of people, so determined to wilfully extirpate itself by the premeditated destruction of all vestiges of morality, the weakening and dilution of our culture, and the indescribable squandering of our resources, together with the irresponsible elevation of our burgeoning debt, that is now approaching almost a trillion dollars. A proud nation, proud of what!
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 21 September 2017 1:25:19 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Arnchair is right. The code is there to prevent people copying 1000s
and inserting them into the system. The Stats stated that last week
to answer a question by a radio listener.

Bigger problem is postie followers. That is how they clean out your
letter boxes, so the police tell me. They have master keys so they
could probably get a dollar a vote from the yes activists.

If the internal organisation is tight enough the result should be
reasonably accurate, unless the activists have relly got organised.
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 21 September 2017 4:35:34 PM
o sung wu,
Hi ole mate,
If people actually believe what the statistician says then there is no hope for Mr. Average.
There is a bar code within the bar code on your vote slip which actually identifies you and your
address through an indexing system that they have in place for use in the actual census.
How do you think they can identify you when you fail to comply with the legislation.
As an aside you may remember I told you and the world in general that John Andrew Stewart
and Jimmy Finch did not torch the Whiskey a GoGo well I think that Mike Ahern vindicates me on that.
Tony Murphy in cahoots with Shorty DeBoise and his mate were responsible on the
orders of the premier and his SOD Squad. (Special Operations Division) of the Premier's Department.
Some of these prats are still alive and should be locked up.
Posted by chrisgaff1000, Thursday, 21 September 2017 5:25:47 PM
G'day there Chris...

You OK mate? Jimmy FINCH and John Andrew STEWART what an absolute pair eh? If they are, as you say, innocent of the Whisky a go go , well the pair are guilty of everything else! You ever had dealings with either of them Chris?

Did you receive your new gong; 'National Police Service Medal'?

I bet you're glad you are no longer in the job with all this political correctness pervading throughout the ranks? I best be careful with what I say, with all this gender furore and egalitarian believers searching out for us homophobic culprits, desperately hiding among the bevy of true believers? I hope nobody will 'lag' me, I'm too old to be seized by a couple of big 'qu..rs' and forcibly hauled off to a public lavetory somewhere and........?

Stay true Chris, stay true.
Posted by o sung wu, Thursday, 21 September 2017 7:56:14 PM
Find out more about this user Visit this user's webpage Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
  1. Pages:
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy