The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > What is a troll?

What is a troll?

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All
Nobody seems to know!

How can any discussion be had when everyone just calls everyone else a troll but not one of us dares to say what it actually is?

Is Australia, a rich country, just a country entirely made up of trolls?

Are trolls simply rich people?

Are companies trolls?

I think these questions deserve answers! So, what is a troll?
Posted by mememememememe, Wednesday, 6 September 2017 9:00:41 PM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
//What is a troll?//

Somebody with multiple accounts, Cu(II) Embarrassment.

No, hang on, that's a sock puppet. My bad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sockpuppet_(Internet)
Posted by Toni Lavis, Thursday, 7 September 2017 1:50:35 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Wiki has a definition for troll.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

I think a good example of two troll's are Thomas O and Max G here:
http://forum.onlineopinion.com.au/thread.asp?article=18459&page=17

These two trolls do not post comment about why something is incorrect, they just post time wasting abuse.
Perhaps they invest or own or are employed in solar marketing business and seek to push the AGW CO2 theory.
Posted by JF Aus, Thursday, 7 September 2017 10:57:10 AM
I tend to think we're all trolls because most internet conversations just end up in abusing each other: this is the reason sex, religion are politics are taboo subjects in general social engagements
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Thursday, 7 September 2017 12:35:42 PM
A Troll is a Scandinavian elf with a malicious intent that lives
under bridges and comes out to harris people as they cross.
Like anybody you know ?
Posted by Bazz, Thursday, 7 September 2017 2:38:23 PM
Well, Bazz,

It's not only individuals representing their views on the internet and I think it could be well argued that vested interests sometimes pursue their objectives with a kind of 'malicious intent'!
Posted by Cupric Embarrasment, Thursday, 7 September 2017 2:48:35 PM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy