The National Forum   Donate   Your Account   On Line Opinion   Forum   Blogs   Polling   About   
The Forum - On Line Opinion's article discussion area

Syndicate
RSS/XML

RSS 2.0

Main Articles General

Sign In      Register

The Forum > General Discussion > I think it's time we put our judicial system on trial.

I think it's time we put our judicial system on trial.

1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All
So here we go again, another death at the hands of a thug on parole.

A 46yo father dead, his son with serious injuries, and once again, all due to another 'thug' who has been granted parole.

I think it's time we put our judicial system on trial. What's your thoughts?
Posted by rehctub, Thursday, 8 June 2017 4:37:11 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
Not only the parole board we better put Brandis on trial also.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 8 June 2017 9:02:04 AM
Find out more about this user Recommend this comment for deletion Return to top of page Return to Forum Main Page Copy comment URL to clipboard
I am getting more and more angry that the appalling behaviour of these thugs is putting our cherished aims of freedom in jeopardy. The incidents are nearly all caused and excused by adherence to one particular religion. In Australia I would believe that the majority, if they believe in any religion at all, would support the idea that all religions should only be a personal affair for each individual to decide for themselves. What anyone believes is entirely their own business and prositelization in any form should be made a serious offence. Anyone therefore convicted of radicalization would have committed an offence and deported on those grounds alone.
Posted by Dickybird, Thursday, 8 June 2017 9:24:12 AM
The judiciary seems to like 'thugs' more than it likes victims. Judges and magistrates in Australia are a bloody disgrace.
Posted by ttbn, Thursday, 8 June 2017 10:27:53 AM
Judges and magistrates can only work with in the law. If they go beyond they end up with appeals.
What we need is your political party to get their act together and strengthen the slack laws and parole laws.
Posted by doog, Thursday, 8 June 2017 10:42:04 AM
Butch,
Yes, it is high time the judiciary and their employer, the State, were put on trial for not doing what the public expect.

A couple of years ago a refugee walked free from court
, with no conviction, in the ACT after the rape of an underage girl.

He was here for 2 years and yet claimed ignorance.

In Surfers another refugee got off free after sexually assaulting 9-10 women and girls in the surf. Few cases of underage marriage reach court and then only get token sentences

In two cases of FGM in NSW the parents received token sentences, with one getting some 'home detention' and the other 12 mts jail SUSPENDED, and this was for the most serious of type3 FGM of a 9mts old baby. I am currently waiting on the outcome of an FGM case where two girls were taken to Africa for FGM and I am willing to bet there is only token penalties or none.

Everyday we see instances of light sentences, and bail being granted where the offender commits more crimes while on bail.

When I complained to my state MP about the light sentence given to the father of the FGM baby, I received a reply from a government bureaucrat saying the Judiciary was separate from the government and the gov had no control over them. That's BS, the government employ them and they work to gov guidelines. Mps should be accountable also.
Posted by Banjo, Thursday, 8 June 2017 11:58:36 AM
  1. Pages:
  2. Page 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. All

About Us :: Search :: Discuss :: Feedback :: Legals :: Privacy